The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology PSYA4 21st June.

Okay, so I'm studying Psychology, with topics : Depression, Anomalistic Psychology and Research Methods.
Anyone doing similar? How are all your revisions for it so far??
And also, how long did it take your teachers to go through it all? My teacher only just finished teaching us PSYA4 last week O.o!!! Is that the average, or did your teachers give you about a month to revise for it in lesson?? ><!!

Scroll to see replies

We finished psy4 a lesson before leaving school.
I'm doing Addiction, Schizophrenia and Research Methods.
It's my worst subject I need a B in it and I'm so not confident that I'm gonna get it...
Reply 2
Original post by OhGodExams
Okay, so I'm studying Psychology, with topics : Depression, Anomalistic Psychology and Research Methods.
Anyone doing similar? How are all your revisions for it so far??
And also, how long did it take your teachers to go through it all? My teacher only just finished teaching us PSYA4 last week O.o!!! Is that the average, or did your teachers give you about a month to revise for it in lesson?? ><!!

Hey im doin the exact same topics as you...we finished last week as well..n its sooo friggin hard..i learn sumthing go to a new bit come back to recap n i miss lods of points out..stress!
Media, Schizophrenia and obviously Research methods.

Quite apprehensive. I'm sel-taught and have only just finished learning Research Methods never mind revising.

Media is so incredibly boring.
Reply 4
Stressful times...you guys trying to balance out your revision for psychology with other subjects too? Or is this your only one now?
Reply 5
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Media, Schizophrenia and obviously Research methods.

Quite apprehensive. I'm sel-taught and have only just finished learning Research Methods never mind revising.

Media is so incredibly boring.

Same topics! and yeah I agree, media just seems boring and
all over the place. Can't bring myself to revise it :/
Reply 6
hey guys, can any of you send me addicition notes with studys and schizophrenia with studies im acc so behind !
Reply 7
Original post by touran22
hey guys, can any of you send me addicition notes with studys and schizophrenia with studies im acc so behind !

You have to sign up, but the resources are free:
http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/subjects/psychology

addiction notes:
http://psychology4a.com/addictive%201.htm

:smile:
Reply 8
Hiii :smile:
Does anyone have any prediction for what might come up for, depression and addiction??? :smile: xx
Reply 9
Ahhh so scared, I'm studying addiction and schizophrenia. Just my luck that all 3 of my exams are next week :'(
Urgh. research methods is not going great for me. I'm also doing depression and media which are going a little better. Any guesses on what you think will come up for them?
For depression, i'm hoping for something biological like 25 marks on biological therapies will do for me nicely. Or the actual theory but chances are it won't. For media, I want either anti social on violence from video games.
Anyone got any tips for the big 'design a study' questions they keep popping in the research methods section?
Reply 11
Original post by Purple_Plume

Anyone got any tips for the big 'design a study' questions they keep popping in the research methods section?

Yeah I second that...I definitely just need a checklist or something?!
Reply 12
I'm doing Phobias, Media and Research Methods but I've been too busy revising for the unit 3 resit I had today that I've barely revised for it. Need a B in it too ! :frown: That'll be my last exam so I'll practically be skipping home afterwards XD
Original post by stephafaye
Yeah I second that...I definitely just need a checklist or something?!

Hypothesis, design - independent measures etc, how will pps be chosen- ,experimental design including method and how you'll control variables etc., ethics
That's what we've been taught to include :smile:

I'm also doing Media and Schizophrenia and I cannot stand media. It's boring, useless and such stupid 'pop' psychology subjects like celebrity. Blah.
Reply 14
Original post by sunlightxstarbright
Hypothesis, design - independent measures etc, how will pps be chosen- ,experimental design including method and how you'll control variables etc., ethics
That's what we've been taught to include :smile:

I'm also doing Media and Schizophrenia and I cannot stand media. It's boring, useless and such stupid 'pop' psychology subjects like celebrity. Blah.

Thank you! I'll get practicing :smile:

I find schizophrenia's fine, relatively straight forward. Addiction is evil.

What book do you use? We're using the dog book (Cara Flannagan). I think the book's terrible...
Thank you! I'll get practicing :smile:

I find schizophrenia's fine, relatively straight forward. Addiction is evil.

What book do you use? We're using the dog book (Cara Flannagan). I think the book's terrible...

Schizophrenia is definitely my favourite out of the 3! We use one by Collins, it has an eye on the front. It's so wordy though and it explains things in such a roundabout way I'm mostly using my revision guide and just adding in some studies at the minute :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by sunlightxstarbright
Schizophrenia is definitely my favourite out of the 3! We use one by Collins, it has an eye on the front. It's so wordy though and it explains things in such a roundabout way I'm mostly using my revision guide and just adding in some studies at the minute :smile:

Ahh I bought that one as I thought it would help me, instead it just scared the hell out of me with the amount of different theories in it and different studies.

They both seem to have the same problem, they seem to write things all crypitcally. I tend to have to read the paragraph several times just to get the point :'(
Ahh I bought that one as I thought it would help me, instead it just scared the hell out of me with the amount of different theories in it and different studies.

They both seem to have the same problem, they seem to write things all crypitcally. I tend to have to read the paragraph several times just to get the point :'(

Same here, I want an A as well :/ Thankfully I'm like 13 UMS over so I can afford to screw up a little bit but I'm definitely not going to revise any easier! Good luck for your exam anyway, contact me if you've got any questions and I'll try to help you :biggrin:
Original post by LRainbow~
I'm doing Phobias, Media and Research Methods but I've been too busy revising for the unit 3 resit I had today that I've barely revised for it. Need a B in it too ! :frown: That'll be my last exam so I'll practically be skipping home afterwards XD

im doing the same topics as you! so lucky its your last exam! i have law the next day :frown:
do you have any idea what will come up?
Reply 19
Im doing Addiction, Depressing and Research Methods
How LONG does addiction take?! there is SO much to learn!!!
dfkdjfdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending