The Student Room Group

AQA LAW03 Revision for June re-sit

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i dont think il have enough time to revise for the reforms on murder!
Original post by dean1210
Yeah, it's a bit cluttered in places, but I gave them out to a few friends who also ended up with high scores, so hopefully this helps :smile: good luck!

Lifesaver! Don't happen to have any for Law 04 do you lol..
Reply 22
Original post by whattheheck
Lifesaver! Don't happen to have any for Law 04 do you lol..

Actually, I've got a powerpoint on the offences + defences as well as Judicial Creativity and Law and Morality essays if you're interested?
Actually, I've got a powerpoint on the offences + defences as well as Judicial Creativity and Law and Morality essays if you're interested?

Definitely! (So glad I found this thread now!!:smile:) Absolutely dreading these last 2 Law exams.....:s-smilie:
Reply 24
Original post by whattheheck
Definitely! (So glad I found this thread now!!:smile:) Absolutely dreading these last 2 Law exams.....:s-smilie:

There you go :smile:
There you go :smile:

Just going through all your notes now. They are really helpful! Can't believe that is all of the spec in just 15 pages of typed up notes!
Reply 26
anyone got a essay on law and justice....

ive uploaded my plan of doing murder and involuntary questions... applied.. hope it helps!
There will be a question on murder and voluntary, and then the other scenario will be involuntary right?

I've not revised involuntary at all - i've barely got time! Far too many exams :frown: this is going to be the 7th out of 9.
Original post by AntoniaRose
There will be a question on murder and voluntary, and then the other scenario will be involuntary right?

I've not revised involuntary at all - i've barely got time! Far too many exams :frown: this is going to be the 7th out of 9.

Its my 8th out of 10

Looks like i'll be doing an all nighter
apparently there is a leak and ryland and private nuisance is on the tort law paper. APPARENTLY
Reply 30
All finished now....how did everyone do. Think I may be doing this module again, talk about brain freeze. I did scenario 1, but looking back now wish I'd done 2. Anyone else do this one?
Reply 31
I did scenario 2...did a major cock up though, I read it as George having the drug addiction and so in the consent bit I wrote about how it might not be true consent for him and shizz...I realised later and made a paragraph at the end of the exam explaining it and trying to correct it, and then scribbling in that Harry could use diminished responsibility as well.

Hopefully not done too bad over all, only got 47% last time and I know I have done better this time.
Reply 32
Original post by Maccees
I did scenario 2...did a major cock up though, I read it as George having the drug addiction and so in the consent bit I wrote about how it might not be true consent for him and shizz...I realised later and made a paragraph at the end of the exam explaining it and trying to correct it, and then scribbling in that Harry could use diminished responsibility as well.

Hopefully not done too bad over all, only got 47% last time and I know I have done better this time.

Hope you did better this time. This is my first attempt at this paper and I think I didnt do too well as only got to centre of answer book. Are you doing LAW04 tomorrow?
Reply 33
Original post by kjdanii
Hope you did better this time. This is my first attempt at this paper and I think I didnt do too well as only got to centre of answer book. Are you doing LAW04 tomorrow?

Indeed. Not even started revising for it yet, been concentrating on all my others D:
You?
Reply 34
Hey, just wondering what everyone put for the 2nd scenario? Quite worried that I messed it up completely :frown:
Reply 35
I did scenario 2.

I said that the tattooing was wounding s20, discussed the possibility of assault with the knife holding at georges neck, but as he was complicit he did not fear immediate violence. Then discussed the defence of consent.

Towards Janet, assaut due to words and actions, then ABH due to the medical treatment of her anxiety and depression.

Murder of Matt, I focused on the mens rea of intent, in particular Nedrick/Woollin thing on intent to cause serious harm. Raised partial defence of provocation causing harry to lose his selfcontrol, and partial defence of diminished responsibilty due to his brain injury caused by drug abuse.

The OAPA question, I think I got a few good points in, but I know I made a few errors.

How did the rest of you find it? I'm not overly confident as I know I made a lot of omissions on fairly important stuff. I'm unsure on my application of OAPA anyway. Always manage to Duck those up! :confused::rolleyes::colondollar:
I know this isn't AQA but in my law exam ( wjec) today I wrote aggravated burglary as being not an indictable offence ( stupid I know:frown:)
How many marks would I lose for making this mistake.. any ideas ?
I was really pleased with my murder answer, used the defence of provocation. However my NFO answer was kind of erratic and rushed, because I did that last - mentioned defences of consent and insanity, and just tried to bullet point some stuff to squeeze in any extra marks when time was nearly up.
And OAPA/NFO evaluation went okay, slightly rushed though. I'm not too confident overall though, and even less about tomorrow :frown: really worried about missing my offer.
Reply 38
Oh ****, I forgot to talk about Nedrick/Woollin. Balls D:
Reply 39
Did scenario two:

Talked about ABH, s20 GBH (infliction of GBH, couldn't be wounding as there was no breaking of the layer of skin) - this was in relation to george.
For Janet, it would be Assault(s39) and ABH(s47) - the depression anxiety etc.. following ChanFook

Defences: insanity and also Consent(bigger issue)

The murder one was decent.. i missed out nedrick and woolin to, did talk about intent to cause serious harm.. :| anyway talked about diminished responsibility and self-defence(possible-? but would fail)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending