The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Practically every guy I know loves Family Guy - I personally, don't get it.

But then, I also don't get most modern comedy, like Mighty Boosh for example... I just don't find it funny.

People cry out in shock when I say I don't like Family Guy, but meh, I'm not like the majority, so what!
Reply 2
The early ones are funny, the newer ones not as much but they have their moments.

Part of the humour comes from things like Stewies sexuality for many people.
Reply 3
I will proable get negged for this but yeah i agree with you.

I've watch about 20 of them and dont find them funny so i gave up i prefer futurama and Simpsons tbh
Reply 4
If you don't find it funny, you're watching it wrong.
The newer ones are funnier than the earlier ones. The humour is in the social commentary.
Reply 6
It's crap! I hate it.
Reply 7
Original post by drbluebox
The early ones are funny, the newer ones not as much but they have their moments.

Part of the humour comes from things like Stewies sexuality for many people.

I think I've seen some early ones. I recall something about Scouts and they went to New York to do something about the Scouts.
Reply 8
Original post by Astonix
If you don't find it funny, you're watching it wrong.

Care to explain how to watch it right, then? :rolleyes:
Never watched it but have seen clips of it online and didn't find them funny at all - no desire to watch it. Can't stand most things like that though.
Reply 10
Original post by TheSownRose
Care to explain how to watch it right, then? :rolleyes:

If you get high, everything becomes 10 times funnier.
Reply 11
I get some episodes, others I don't
i only watch it because of stewie and brian - peter annoys the **** out of me like the bird song
Reply 13
I LOVE it. But i'm not so ignorant as to think people are weird if they don't like it
Reply 14
It's less funny now due to the fact they kill their own jokes by making them go on forever.
My avatar may be something of a clue about my opinion on it.

Generally I find it funny, but it's not without it's flaws, namely:
- For me, the earliest seasons and the most recent seasons are the best. Those in the middle (roughly seasons 4-7) weren't particularly good.
- Too much reliance on American cultural references that most people in the UK, me included, won't get.
- Too many songs, which I wouldn't mind, except half of them aren't funny at all. Particularly when they last far too long. They often seem like filler.

It can be quite hit and miss, but when they get it right it's brilliant.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
the references are lost on us brits, a lot of the time. i prefer american dad, mostly cuz of roger :love:

although brian and stewie are a brilliant double act. and family guy has some seriously funny moments.... my favourite being this scene... which made me cry with laughter when i first saw it.

not for the feint hearted!
Reply 17
I either find Family Guy completely hilarious or really irritating.
Well I don't find it as funny as some people seem to. My brothers are fans so I've caught a few episodes by just sitting in the lounge, and while it's made me laugh out loud a few times, more often than not I just get bored and move onto something else. Some of the jokes seem to just drag on and on, and I wonder who actually finds them funny after the first repetition or two? :?
Reply 19
Original post by popple7
the references are lost on us brits, a lot of the time. i prefer american dad, mostly cuz of roger :love:

although brian and stewie are a brilliant double act. and family guy has some seriously funny moments.... my favourite being this scene... which made me cry with laughter when i first saw it.

not for the feint hearted!

No, I can honestly say I watched that without a smile. :frown:

Latest