The Student Room Group

toxic friendship?

my friend in sixth form is acting really weird. she has a boyfriend (who doesn't go to the same school), yet she is talking to so many other guys and has crushes on other guys. her bf does not know this and I personally find it bad because they have so many bad arguments on the phone, resulting in her crying at school, but she is basically cheating on him. but that is not my business.

I wouldn't say that it's a full on crush, but I do have slight feelings for this guy in my chem class. he is a real sweetheart to me and offers to get me things and though I am a really shy person, he tries to make conversations with me (this is a new school for me so he is a new classmate).

my friend seems to also have a massive crush on the guy I like, but I always have to pretend that I don't like him so that she won't get a bit 'angry'.
like whenever she sees him in the lunch queue, she tries to run up to the queue so she can stand next to him - they don't talk but yeah.
ever since this open evening where they were paired up to tour these families around school, she's been obsessed with him. ofc I couldn't care less as like I said, I'm happy that she got with her school crush. he hasn't talked to her after that day though. they have friendly smiles when they pass each other in the corridors but that's about it. no other communication since that open evening day. me and him really lacked communication, until today, because I get shy and I don't like to talk to people that I like first. I talked to him loads today and when I told my friend, she looked jealous. I don't get it. whenever stuff like this happens to her, I get so happy for her, but she just said 'aww' with a straight face and turned away. that hurt the most icl because she is a really close friend of mine
She is clearly very insecure and a toxic friend, if you can I think the best thing would be to slowly stop talking/hanging out with her and stop being her friend because she is just going to bring nothing other than negativity in your life
Like the above person said, cut her out of your life and surround yourself with people who aren't toxic
Reply 3
A friend is a friend for the time they are useful - by mutual consent.

Your friend cannot control you and cannot control your feelings for anyone else. Your friend cannot control how a guy feels about you either. It's all a bit fraught when the sex hormones kick in. Its a very powerful thing, and its possible to believe you are the best thing to any man who would walk down the corridor. The behaviour of your friend is that of someone needing constant reassurance that she is attractive, but at the same time throwing herself at everyone who has a pulse to feel wanted and reassured. She sounds like she is relatively inexperienced at this 'dating' game.

She is lucky to have a friend like you who cares. Just let her get on with her crazy love life (she will probably crash and burn) and then see how your own relationship pans out. You should just enjoy being with this other guy, and if its good you will find time to get to know each other better. Ignore your friend, this is between you and him.

Just by being a constant for your friend is a big help for her (but she probably doesn't appreciate it) and if she doesn't like that you see someone she thought should have been 'her catch' it will be her loss not yours. Tell her it was hard to keep up with who she fancied and just who was going out with (in a funny way) Then take cover.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
my friend in sixth form is acting really weird. she has a boyfriend (who doesn't go to the same school), yet she is talking to so many other guys and has crushes on other guys. her bf does not know this and I personally find it bad because they have so many bad arguments on the phone, resulting in her crying at school, but she is basically cheating on him. but that is not my business.

I wouldn't say that it's a full on crush, but I do have slight feelings for this guy in my chem class. he is a real sweetheart to me and offers to get me things and though I am a really shy person, he tries to make conversations with me (this is a new school for me so he is a new classmate).

my friend seems to also have a massive crush on the guy I like, but I always have to pretend that I don't like him so that she won't get a bit 'angry'.
like whenever she sees him in the lunch queue, she tries to run up to the queue so she can stand next to him - they don't talk but yeah.
ever since this open evening where they were paired up to tour these families around school, she's been obsessed with him. ofc I couldn't care less as like I said, I'm happy that she got with her school crush. he hasn't talked to her after that day though. they have friendly smiles when they pass each other in the corridors but that's about it. no other communication since that open evening day. me and him really lacked communication, until today, because I get shy and I don't like to talk to people that I like first. I talked to him loads today and when I told my friend, she looked jealous. I don't get it. whenever stuff like this happens to her, I get so happy for her, but she just said 'aww' with a straight face and turned away. that hurt the most icl because she is a really close friend of mine

drop her and get with the guy u like who tf cares if she is upset shes an awful person and she also has a bf already greedy *****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending