The Student Room Group

One of my ex-friends used to grope me and touch my inappropriate what should I do?

I 14 f have an ex friend 15 f who around up to mid this year used to grab my boobs because I'm kind of on the bigger side. She would try to twist my nipples or pinch me in that area through my uniform. I told her multiple times to stop but she didn't I would push her away and everything many of my friends would see this but not say anything. When she would pinch me I would be in pain I voiced my concerns to her but she never stopped. She saw it sas a we're both girls so it doesn't matter but it did. Some times I have panic attacks because of this. The only reason it stopped was because we had a falling out. Is it too late to tell someone.
Reply 1
This is sexual assault or assault and it is never too late to talk to anyone about what has happened. If you can try and talk to your parents about what has happened. You may decide to do nothing in the likelihood it has stopped, or at the other end of the scale report this to the police. But discuss all the consequences of doing so, and what you would wish as an acceptable outcome with an informed adult. It is quite likely she has done this to others and maybe thought it was funny. You need to know that the criminal justice system can be very bad at creating any sense of justice for victims of crime. Tell your school tutors about what is happening. If this happens on school premises the school should have appropriate plans to deal with such allegations. It may be that if she is confronted with her inappropriate behaviour she may stop this in future and not harm anyone else.

You may also need help and support to manage your anxiety and concerns. Make an appointment with your GP or health centre if you cannot find a way with your family to overcome the feelings of fear associated with this person. You could always ring Child Line 0800 1111 and talk through your options.

Try to walk to school and back (or anywhere else) accompanied by friends. If someone is assaulting you, ever, never be afraid to shout out at the top of your voice - 'stop that now' or 'get back, get away, that is assault' - consider wearing a discrete body cam if that would give you some confidence. Sometimes doing nothing is an option. You can decide what you would do if there was a 'next time' and plan what you would do if the same set of circumstances were to be repeated. Hopefully it won't.
Reply 2
this person is just starting out on their sex offending journey. stop them while there is still time.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttly
This is sexual assault or assault and it is never too late to talk to anyone about what has happened. If you can try and talk to your parents about what has happened. You may decide to do nothing in the likelihood it has stopped, or at the other end of the scale report this to the police. But discuss all the consequences of doing so, and what you would wish as an acceptable outcome with an informed adult. It is quite likely she has done this to others and maybe thought it was funny. You need to know that the criminal justice system can be very bad at creating any sense of justice for victims of crime. Tell your school tutors about what is happening. If this happens on school premises the school should have appropriate plans to deal with such allegations. It may be that if she is confronted with her inappropriate behaviour she may stop this in future and not harm anyone else.

You may also need help and support to manage your anxiety and concerns. Make an appointment with your GP or health centre if you cannot find a way with your family to overcome the feelings of fear associated with this person. You could always ring Child Line 0800 1111 and talk through your options.

Try to walk to school and back (or anywhere else) accompanied by friends. If someone is assaulting you, ever, never be afraid to shout out at the top of your voice - 'stop that now' or 'get back, get away, that is assault' - consider wearing a discrete body cam if that would give you some confidence. Sometimes doing nothing is an option. You can decide what you would do if there was a 'next time' and plan what you would do if the same set of circumstances were to be repeated. Hopefully it won't.

Thank you for your reply. I will try to tell my head of year or form tutor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending