The Student Room Group

Why Kings EMDP (A101) Over PMS?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by flooffi
yeah definitely will do - I think the more information we can find out the better (: And with our collective knowledge we'll be able to make better informed decisions...

and nope my interview was 40 mins before that, and I'm a girl, so probably wasn't me :tongue:
I do, however, have a new found interest in cricket (my friends got me hooked during the world cup...)

Btw I am beginning to stalk last years facebook group :tongue: and got one reply which was positive, said that she was enjoying the course allot and that the standard of the students are good with many on AAA. Also said there isn't any real 'bullying' or whatever. Either way I am heavily leaning towards Kings as its much more convenient to stay home and Stockton is a far cry from london, Kings is a brilliant university and more interesting that Durham. Im going to go to open days to kind of confirm it now.

If you haven't already done so, join the facebook group, I set it up yesterday. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_123260827748159
Reply 41
Original post by RectalExamination
Btw I am beginning to stalk last years facebook group :tongue: and got one reply which was positive, said that she was enjoying the course allot and that the standard of the students are good with many on AAA. Also said there isn't any real 'bullying' or whatever. Either way I am heavily leaning towards Kings as its much more convenient to stay home and Stockton is a far cry from london, Kings is a brilliant university and more interesting that Durham. Im going to go to open days to kind of confirm it now.

If you haven't already done so, join the facebook group, I set it up yesterday. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_123260827748159

aaahh that is a very good idea - I didn't think of that...
It is highly reassuring though to hear good feedback! A couple of my sisters friends are in their final years at kings so I might contact them and ask them for their thoughts / opinions :smile:
But I'm feeling the same way - I think Im leaning towards kings too...
I'm really looking forward to the open day to find out more!

And I've just asked to join the fb group now (:
Does anyone know for CERTAIN whether or not you get an actual MBBS degree at the end of the EMDP course, no different to those who have obtained it via the conventional route?

and also, post-degree, is it distinguishable whether you did EMDP or not?

I have to choose between St Goerge's (5 Year) vs Kings (6 Year), with St Georges being over an hour away, and Kings merely 20 minutes. (Accommodation not an option)
Reply 43
Original post by overclocked
You don't have an Kings offer yet (according to your sig) so I would think about it more if you get an offer.

However I would definitely pick PMS. What's the point wasting another year when you have the opportunity to do a standard 5 year course? You've already taken a gay year I assume so it would be a little pointless going at a slower pace when you are probably capable of doing it in 5 years.

gay or gap:wink:
Reply 44
King's for me the only downside is having a extra year of debt
Reply 45
Just to update this thread.

I did choose Peninsula instead of Kings, and it was by far one of the best decisions i have ever made in my life.

The course is amazing, the location is really nice and the student life is second to none.
Original post by carcinoma
Just to update this thread.

I did choose Peninsula instead of Kings, and it was by far one of the best decisions i have ever made in my life.

The course is amazing, the location is really nice and the student life is second to none.

Respect, would be +1 to you but unfortunately, I have to "rate other members before rating this memeber again"
Original post by najeezy
kings is better, you end up with a kings degree whilst a peninsula degree isnt as respected..

this leads to less oportunities to apply for posts.

I was under the impression that they can't see which uni's you applied to when selecting from MTAS.
They don't even know.
There is no prestige bias for jobs.

Edit: Wow this thread was nearly at the top. Didn't realise how old it was.
Re-Edit: Ohhh Carcinoma was making an update.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending