The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Hope bears sign Jonathan Joseph, doubt it though and he wont move till Nnamdi has and then he can assess his options with the teams that still need a corner. Also dont understand why the Eagles are trying to price up Kevin Kolb in a 1 buyer market when they got a very good offer on the table if rumours are true (Rogers-Cromartie and a 2nd rounder)
Did anyone add gridiron gang to the list of films?
Reply 1942
Original post by Scott129
I heard the Texans are front-runners for Nnamdi. Mainly because you need at least 1 shutdown corner when you're in Peyton's division. If the Jets get him, I think that's a waste of money. Their defense is already great as it is, spending 15 million a year to make it a slight bit better is a poor decision imho.

id love us to get him, but would probably mean losing cromartie, i dont think we realistically will though as we cant afford him - we can barely afford to resign our own free agents let alone more :colondollar:

glad we got holmes back though :biggrin:
Original post by georgegabriel
There are teams that need him more and will pay more money for him but he is quoted as saying he's happy to take a bit less money in order to play for a team that will be competing for a SB. teams like Houston and Detroit have a glaring need for a DB but someone like NYJ are super bowl ready. Playing for the raiders for so long will do that to a guy :tongue:

Detriot arn;'t into him-we don't have cap room and its not Schwaltz/Meyhews style. We're looking at Cromarte or Joseph at DB and Tullock at LB. We'll probably move for Keith Bullock as well.
Williams staying with panthers :yes:
Reply 1945
Any news on Nnamdi?
Original post by 419
Any news on Nnamdi?

Jets have been in contact with him but that's about it.
Mayn I want to get started with the fantasy league :yes:
Can someone remind me how many players from each position we will be picking please?
Reply 1949
Original post by Scott129
Jets have been in contact with him but that's about it.

Man so don't want him to go to them :mad:
Reply 1950
Original post by paddy__power
Can someone remind me how many players from each position we will be picking please?

it depends what rules get used in the end, i cant remember exactly but think it may have been

1 qb
2rb
2wr
1rb/wr (can use either)
1te
1 kicker
1 defence

plus spare people on the bench

think i heard we may be picking special teams but ive never seen those rules before so not sure :/
Original post by Greg1989
it depends what rules get used in the end, i cant remember exactly but think it may have been

1 qb
2rb
2wr
1rb/wr (can use either)
1te
1 kicker
1 defence

plus spare people on the bench

think i heard we may be picking special teams but ive never seen those rules before so not sure :/

Awesome.

I just want to get myself sorted with priority picks and such. How many extra for the bench?
Reply 1952
Awesome.

I just want to get myself sorted with priority picks and such. How many extra for the bench?

usually 6

assuming we use random drafting which is fairest you swap order each round, for example 1st round first pick means, last pick 2nd round, 1st pick 3rd round etc
Reply 1953
Awesome.

to be honest though personally, dont bother ranking people, better to just see who is left when you pick and pick the best person thats left as you never know who will be around :/
usually 6

assuming we use random drafting which is fairest you swap order each round, for example 1st round first pick means, last pick 2nd round, 1st pick 3rd round etc

So 15 picks altogether?
to be honest though personally, dont bother ranking people, better to just see who is left when you pick and pick the best person thats left as you never know who will be around :/

Perhaps but it doesn't hurt to have an idea. I plan to pick at least a couple of people I'm sure will be around but want to remind myself I want them.

Seems RB/QBs will go first so will depend on how lucky I get in the randomiser. Who are we going to trust to only do it once? :tongue:
Reply 1956
Perhaps but it doesn't hurt to have an idea. I plan to pick at least a couple of people I'm sure will be around but want to remind myself I want them.

Seems RB/QBs will go first so will depend on how lucky I get in the randomiser. Who are we going to trust to only do it once? :tongue:

so true, i actually prefer being the end of the first and start of 2nd, that way you might not get the very top player but you get 2 very high ones, but that may be just me :colondollar:
so true, i actually prefer being the end of the first and start of 2nd, that way you might not get the very top player but you get 2 very high ones, but that may be just me :colondollar:

A reasonable policy but I would prefer to have one of the first couple of picks :tongue:
Mayn I want to get started with the fantasy league :yes:

Original post by tbag1
Any news on when we're getting the fantasy football league up and running?

I will set it all up on Monday next week. There are 17 confirmed at the moment. My cut-off date is Monday, but there's not a lot of movement elsewhere, so it looks like 17 will be our final number!

I will randomize the order 5 times :smile: (one never seems like enough haha)
Original post by The Patriot
I will set it all up on Monday next week. There are 17 confirmed at the moment. My cut-off date is Monday, but there's not a lot of movement elsewhere, so it looks like 17 will be our final number!

I will randomize the order 5 times :smile: (one never seems like enough haha)

If you are in the top 5 I will not believe you :tongue:

Can you link me t where I can do a practice draft?

Latest