The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baltimoron
What?! I wonder if I know her lol. Are you an American or something? Why the hell were you in Clarksville?

Depends how old you are and if you went to River Hill High, haha. I met her at a summer camp (in the US) and had a LDR after that.

Howard County is actually really nice. Not much to do but Bodymore and DC are your playgrounds!
if the eagles stay healthy, then they have a great chance of getting it done. they came so close last year and have only improved their team.
Original post by Hedgeman49
Depends how old you are and if you went to River Hill High, haha. I met her at a summer camp (in the US) and had a LDR after that.

Howard County is actually really nice. Not much to do but Bodymore and DC are your playgrounds!

I'm 18 (almost 19). I'm about to start my second year at university. I know quite a few people that went to River Hill. This is sorta crazy haha. And yes, that's a very fair assessment of HoCo. Very rich, but very boring. Luckily we have DC and Baltimore. I tend to stick with DC. Safer and there's much more to do. This is so weird, talking to someone on here who actually has connections to where I live lol.
Original post by Scott129
The best team on paper hardly ever wins the Superbowl. Take last year for example. I don't think the Packers were the best team on paper in anyone's opinion. The Patriots, Steelers, Falcons, etc. were all "better" teams. I'm not saying that the Eagles don't have what it takes to win it all, I'm just cautious because I know talent isn't the be all and end all.

True, A lot will change between now and January. If Tom Brady went down, my second favourites would go out of the top 10 lol.

The Eagles are my favourites right now, but that means jack all before the pre-season even kicks off...
Reply 2064
I'm holding any predictions about Philly until they've played together a bit. Having lots of new vets doesn't always bode well for a team, but if they do work well they'll be brilliant.

Falcons have been making all the right moves recently - basically resigning our own FAs and one other big FA. All we need to do now is resign Jason Snelling and my off-season wishlist will be complete.

Nice to see a Baltimorean here, thanks to David Simon I love that city and I kind of want to see how long I can survive on and around Fayette St.
Just bought a Charles Woodson jersey on an impulse :colone:
Just bought a Charles Woodson jersey on an impulse :colone:

Where? How much? I've got a Rodgers jersey. :biggrin:
Original post by Baltimoron
I'm 18 (almost 19). I'm about to start my second year at university. I know quite a few people that went to River Hill. This is sorta crazy haha. And yes, that's a very fair assessment of HoCo. Very rich, but very boring. Luckily we have DC and Baltimore. I tend to stick with DC. Safer and there's much more to do. This is so weird, talking to someone on here who actually has connections to where I live lol.

Haha yeah, it's crazy. You're probably the grade below her. I actually quite like Baltimore, I know bits of it are rough but it's certainly nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be.
Reply 2068
Slightly off-topic but has any other sport adopted the 'Breast Cancer Awareness Month' or anything similar?

Just curious..
Original post by RabbitCFH
Where? How much? I've got a Rodgers jersey. :biggrin:

I got it from the US NFL shop. There's a 10% discount for all international customers so it was £38 :biggrin:
I got it from the US NFL shop. There's a 10% discount for all international customers so it was £38 :biggrin:

Paid the same for mine, + like £5 P&P, but got it from a UK shop on ebay. How much for shipping and taxes and all that ****?
Original post by Swell
Slightly off-topic but has any other sport adopted the 'Breast Cancer Awareness Month' or anything similar?

Just curious..

I kinda want those gloves.
Original post by Swell

Just curious..

I *think* the NBA and the NHL have.
Original post by RabbitCFH
Paid the same for mine, + like £5 P&P, but got it from a UK shop on ebay. How much for shipping and taxes and all that ****?

All included :tongue: I have to get a youth xl jersey which makes it a fair bit cheaper (I'm a size small in normal clothes). The jersey was $60 and they do an actual shipping option for the UK now (which includes taxes, etc) for $20. Then they'res the 10% discount, taking it to $72. That's about £43 and I had £5 left over on an NFL gift card I still had :biggrin:

You can find some really good bargains on ebay. I got my Greg Jennings Premier jersey for like £40 which should have been a hell of a lot more. I also once saw a John Kuhn jersey on there, the only non-custom one I've ever seen. Didn't have the money at the time though.
All included :tongue: I have to get a youth xl jersey which makes it a fair bit cheaper (I'm a size small in normal clothes). The jersey was $60 and they do an actual shipping option for the UK now (which includes taxes, etc) for $20. Then they'res the 10% discount, taking it to $72. That's about £43 and I had £5 left over on an NFL gift card I still had :biggrin:

You can find some really good bargains on ebay. I got my Greg Jennings Premier jersey for like £40 which should have been a hell of a lot more. I also once saw a John Kuhn jersey on there, the only non-custom one I've ever seen. Didn't have the money at the time though.

Nice! I didn't know that. I'd love a Kuhn jersey. And Jennings's. And Woodson's. And Nelson's. :biggrin:
Original post by paddy__power
I kinda want those gloves.

If I saw a lineman wearing those I would probably retire from the game in shame, haha.
Original post by Hedgeman49
If I saw a lineman wearing those I would probably retire from the game in shame, haha.

I think it will give me a psychological edge the first time I own someone while wearing pink gloves :tongue:. I once roughed up a guy while wearing a small teddy bear around my neck (don't ask) which must have been a blow to his pride. :lol:
I think it will give me a psychological edge the first time I own someone while wearing pink gloves :tongue:. I once roughed up a guy while wearing a small teddy bear around my neck (don't ask) which must have been a blow to his pride. :lol:

:zomg: Please do elaborate
:zomg: Please do elaborate

Well this will sound very weird. I was known as the "hardest" in the year but at the same time my favorite colour was pink and I had hello kitty studs and would just be a bit strange because I think I enjoyed the reaction to the juxtaposition, and because I knew noone would say anything. Anyway, I had a teddy bear that was attached to a thin rope that you could wear around your neck and this was something I randomly decided to take to school one day and then I would let a girl wear it for the day :sexface: (I was young, I have no idea either....). Point being, one morning a guy from the year above who always tried to provoke me did so I threw him into a doorway and gripped him up etc but obv teachers ran over so I just loled at him and said "this happened from someone wearing a teddy bear".

:facepalm2:

I still have pink hello kitty laces in my trainers actually but I don't wear the trainers anymore :lol:
Well this will sound very weird. I was known as the "hardest" in the year but at the same time my favorite colour was pink and I had hello kitty studs and would just be a bit strange because I think I enjoyed the reaction to the juxtaposition, and because I knew noone would say anything. Anyway, I had a teddy bear that was attached to a thin rope that you could wear around your neck and this was something I randomly decided to take to school one day and then I would let a girl wear it for the day :sexface: (I was young, I have no idea either....). Point being, one morning a guy from the year above who always tried to provoke me did so I threw him into a doorway and gripped him up etc but obv teachers ran over so I just loled at him and said "this happened from someone wearing a teddy bear".

:facepalm2:

I still have pink hello kitty laces in my trainers actually but I don't wear the trainers anymore :lol:

Haha, cool story. I'm guessing he never tried that again :teehee:

Latest