The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott129
Haha, cool story. I'm guessing he never tried that again :teehee:

I don't remember, I only remember that because it was peculiar. I think we just liked to antagonize each other. In the end we were kind of friends I suppose, or at least we said safe and so on.
Randy Moss has retired!
Reply 2082
Original post by Hedgeman49
Randy Moss has retired!

People are already pronouncing him the second best WR of all time...

He's definitely the best home-run hitter of all time, But he barely touched the center of the field throughout the entirety of his career :L
Reply 2083
Randy Moss has retired!

Damn.Shame he went to NE too late and never got a ring.
Original post by Mufasaa
I'm holding any predictions about Philly until they've played together a bit. Having lots of new vets doesn't always bode well for a team, but if they do work well they'll be brilliant.

Falcons have been making all the right moves recently - basically resigning our own FAs and one other big FA. All we need to do now is resign Jason Snelling and my off-season wishlist will be complete.

Nice to see a Baltimorean here, thanks to David Simon I love that city and I kind of want to see how long I can survive on and around Fayette St.

Haha, you should be fine as long as you don't do anything dumb. Baltimore is a weird city. Parts of it are really nice. But then there are huge swaths of it that are just way worse than you can even imagine. The Wire doesn't do it justice.

As for Randy Moss. I will forever remember him for his off the field antics and lack of team play. It's a shame, too, because he's one of the greatest of all time. Still remember him with Cris Carter and the Vikings. God, that was such a great receiving tandem.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rekyht
People are already pronouncing him the second best WR of all time...

He's definitely the best home-run hitter of all time, But he barely touched the center of the field throughout the entirety of his career :L

Why would you want to touch the centre of the field if you've got pace like that? Stick to what you're good at!
Reply 2086
Randy Moss was a beast, had the potential to be the best ever but didn't quite get there, I wouldn't say he's the 2nd best but he's a dead cert for the HOF.

Anyone got superbowl predictions?

AFC - Patriots/Steelers
NFC - Packers/Falcons
anyone getting Madden 12? Demos out next week.
Original post by Mufasaa

AFC - Patriots/Ravens
NFC - Eagles/Packers

Fixed it for you.
Original post by fudgesundae

I will indeed. Is the demo from Xbox Live/PSN Store? I wasn't aware there was one.
Reply 2090
Fixed it for you.

It was better how it was :mad: :tongue:
Original post by Scott129
I will indeed. Is the demo from Xbox Live/PSN Store? I wasn't aware there was one.

yep think it is out on the 7th. Been playing Madden 11 recently to get back into it :biggrin:
Reply 2092
Original post by Mufasaa
Randy Moss was a beast, had the potential to be the best ever but didn't quite get there, I wouldn't say he's the 2nd best but he's a dead cert for the HOF.

Anyone got superbowl predictions?

AFC - Patriots/Steelers
NFC - Packers/Falcons

No Eagles ? The Saints will be good I think as well as those you mentioned
Original post by fudgesundae

F*** Madden. I stopped buying that trash after '10. '07 was the best, went downhill after '08. NCAA is the only football game getting my cash annually now.
Reply 2094
Original post by Tokyoround
F*** Madden. I stopped buying that trash after '10. '07 was the best, went downhill after '08. NCAA is the only football game getting my cash annually now.

have you got ncaa 12 yet? if so do you know somewhere reasonably priced to buy it off? as some places ive seen charging £60 new or 50 2nd hand :/ paid 50 for new in the past but 60 is pushing it really even for an import

What do you prefer about NCAA? Played the '12 demo today and seemed a bit arcadey.

How is Madden trash? I think the games are of a fairly good quality and a fair bit cheaper than NCAA.
Reply 2097
Original post by Greg1989
have you got ncaa 12 yet? if so do you know somewhere reasonably priced to buy it off? as some places ive seen charging £60 new or 50 2nd hand :/ paid 50 for new in the past but 60 is pushing it really even for an import

amazon.com is best bet I think, i used ebay though
They have really stepped it up with Madden this year. Worth buying this year more than ever before..it really does seem fantastic.
Original post by georgegabriel
They have really stepped it up with Madden this year. Worth buying this year more than ever before..it really does seem fantastic.

I don't know to be honest. They seem to be dressing it up more and more each year without really solving key gameplay issues.

In issues gone by, franchise mode, superstar mode, AI fixes, player motion, and various other mechanics have been only improved slightly, or glossed over.

It seems to me like they just add bits to the broadcast presentation to make it seem better, and this year doesn't seem a fat lot different. They need free motion like on backbreaker :biggrin: (I mean the tackling only in the link)

Latest