The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fudgesundae
your only other option would be to get a cheap ps3 as their games are region free. or buy madden lol :tongue:

Well I might be getting a job soon, so I should be able to shell out a bit more for an older ps3 model. Also, with blu-ray player and other games region-free, it might be worth the investment.

The only problem is, it's free to play online. Normally that's great, but our house has a small download limit, and I would go over it in a week LOL. Would end up really expensive just covering the download limit. (And yeah I know I could just not play online, but I would be too tempted.)
Original post by The Patriot
Well I might be getting a job soon, so I should be able to shell out a bit more for an older ps3 model. Also, with blu-ray player and other games region-free, it might be worth the investment.

The only problem is, it's free to play online. Normally that's great, but our house has a small download limit, and I would go over it in a week LOL. Would end up really expensive just covering the download limit. (And yeah I know I could just not play online, but I would be too tempted.)

haha true, I tend to stay offline on Madden 11 cos I'm not brilliant lol. The 2 times I have ventured online I got battered. Enough to keep me away :tongue:

But I have got better since I started playing a lot more offline so may give online another go when I get madden 12.
haha true, I tend to stay offline on Madden 11 cos I'm not brilliant lol. The 2 times I have ventured online I got battered. Enough to keep me away :tongue:

But I have got better since I started playing a lot more offline so may give online another go when I get madden 12.

Playing multi-player on Madden is almost NOTHING like playing single player. I'm not 100% sure why, but they don't seem to work the same.

If you want to get good online/against friends multi-player, then you need to A) ditch the running game, it doesn't work. B) Play a lot of screens and deep throws (hail mary's work well), C) get good at playing as defensive backs. learn to time hits on receivers and how to swat/intercept passes effectively.

One tip would be, change your pace regularly. If you turn auto-sprint off, then sprinting, then jogging, then sprinting then jogging again in quick succession whilst changing direction at sharp angles works.

Also, players tend to bring the heat on tackles, trying to go for big hits and fumbles. If you run towards a tackle then just stop dead, or change angle sharply, you will have linebackers flying past you and missing tackles all over the place!
Playing multi-player on Madden is almost NOTHING like playing single player. I'm not 100% sure why, but they don't seem to work the same.

If you want to get good online/against friends multi-player, then you need to A) ditch the running game, it doesn't work. B) Play a lot of screens and deep throws (hail mary's work well), C) get good at playing as defensive backs. learn to time hits on receivers and how to swat/intercept passes effectively.

One tip would be, change your pace regularly. If you turn auto-sprint off, then sprinting, then jogging, then sprinting then jogging again in quick succession whilst changing direction at sharp angles works.

Also, players tend to bring the heat on tackles, trying to go for big hits and fumbles. If you run towards a tackle then just stop dead, or change angle sharply, you will have linebackers flying past you and missing tackles all over the place!

Thanks for the tips. That's why I didn't enjoy playing online as much. Just playing loads of Hail Mary's always seemed so unrealistic to me. And yeh I noticed my running game got destroyed. I usually love running with the ball (playing as the Colts with Addai). I might just stick to playing the CPU as the games tend to be more realistic.
Thanks for the tips. That's why I didn't enjoy playing online as much. Just playing loads of Hail Mary's always seemed so unrealistic to me. And yeh I noticed my running game got destroyed. I usually love running with the ball (playing as the Colts with Addai). I might just stick to playing the CPU as the games tend to be more realistic.

Exactly! I hate playing online, and I only play multi-player against one person, my best mate (because American football is our thing. I'm winning the series about 50+ - 4 LOLOL)

I don't care how many games someone wins online. Go 19-0 with the Panthers on all-madden. Then I will be impressed...
Exactly! I hate playing online, and I only play multi-player against one person, my best mate (because American football is our thing. I'm winning the series about 50+ - 4 LOLOL)

I don't care how many games someone wins online. Go 19-0 with the Panthers on all-madden. Then I will be impressed...

lol, I tried All-Madden once. Just can't handle it. I prefer All-Pro, gives me some good close games.
all madden isn't hard. the cpu just pulls a load of bull****. custom sliders ftw.
lol, I tried All-Madden once. Just can't handle it. I prefer All-Pro, gives me some good close games.

Yeah, I play between pro-all pro depending on what my team is. I play all-pro if I'm a passing team (eg Patriots, which I am most of the time), or just a notch above pro if I'm a running team(because obviously I'm much better at passing than running)
Original post by georgegabriel
all madden isn't hard. the cpu just pulls a load of bull****. custom sliders ftw.

This.

I've got too good to play all-pro and I put up 40 or 50 points on it but all-madden is just stupid. i can beat it generally but I spend most of my time yelling at the AI for cheating. When you outscheme a offense, get a run blitz going and get the man in the backfield he shouldn;t break 6 tackles and make 20 yards every bloody time.
Reply 2129
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
This.

I've got too good to play all-pro and I put up 40 or 50 points on it but all-madden is just stupid. i can beat it generally but I spend most of my time yelling at the AI for cheating. When you outscheme a offense, get a run blitz going and get the man in the backfield he shouldn;t break 6 tackles and make 20 yards every bloody time.

this

even if you cheat a little and use draft guides to have an insane team its still a struggle to win, balls fly through defenders hands, opposing runners are like they are covered in butter as no one can hold them, and your quarter back throws a ball miles from where you aim it every few plays even if you are planted and have minimal pressure on you :s
This.

All-Pro with sliders adjusted up is the best thing to do then.
Just thought... does anyone know when the America's Game programmes are premiered? Can't wait to see the 2011 Packers one! :biggrin:
Reply 2132
Original post by Scott129
Just thought... does anyone know when the America's Game programmes are premiered? Can't wait to see the 2011 Packers one! :biggrin:

Have they done the Saints one yet?
Original post by 419
Have they done the Saints one yet?

it was September last year I believe.
All-Pro with sliders adjusted up is the best thing to do then.

Yep, thats what I do. Generally put pass defense way up and increase my run defense ability...
Original post by Greg1989
this

even if you cheat a little and use draft guides to have an insane team its still a struggle to win, balls fly through defenders hands, opposing runners are like they are covered in butter as no one can hold them, and your quarter back throws a ball miles from where you aim it every few plays even if you are planted and have minimal pressure on you :s

Yep, and if its not raining. Its incredibly annoying-you can spend a little while building up a decent side and then they lose because Darren Sproles goes beast mode and trucks your star MLB.

Thats the point that you realise it doesn't matter how good you play-you clear your way through the blocks and then get trucked by someone tiny.
Yep, and if its not raining. Its incredibly annoying-you can spend a little while building up a decent side and then they lose because Darren Sproles goes beast mode and trucks your star MLB.

Thats the point that you realise it doesn't matter how good you play-you clear your way through the blocks and then get trucked by someone tiny.

yep, EA have said that All-Pro is the most realistic mode. On all Madden they essentially make your players useless to make it harder.
Reply 2137
Original post by Mandrake45
Picking up Tavaris Jackson does not fill me with joy.

i think he's a sleeper pick up
you know his average QB rating over the last 3 seasons (198 pass attempts) is 95+?
Add that to sitting behind Brett Favre and learning from 2 years and the fact that he has all the attributes to be a franchise QB (although at 6'2 he's significantly shorter than the O-Line, all of whom are 6'5 plus, that could be an issue) I think he could have a breakout year.
It all depends on how the O-Line holds up and the dreaded injury bug that has cursed Seattle over the last 5 years, Rice/Williams/Tate/Obomanu/Durham makes for a pretty strong receiving corps and the addition of Miller to an already decent TE pair of Carlson and Morrah as well as Lynch/Washington/Forsett on the backfield means that if the O-Line does its job all the QB has to do is manage the offense to win games.
I'm most excited about "Thunder and Lightning" in the backfield though, they could be a dominant safety duo for the next decade
I managed to draw the 2nd pick in one of my fantasy leagues, picked up CJ2K! 1st pick took AP.
Reply 2139
I had blooming Brian Westbrook destroying my defence today. Trucked Tatupu and then Earl Thomas, the guys like 5 ft 10!!!

Latest