The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Madden does really need to sort out it's difficulty ratings. I normally use My Skill, and it hovers around the All-Pro/All-Madden area for all of them. All-Madden will stuff me for minus yards almost every play, without my blockers even trying to block, but on All-Pro I'll bust out big runs regularly. with passing, to increase difficulty it just seems to give your WRs butterfingers instead of imprving coverage or whatever.
you guys should use 100% custom sliders, without doubt the best option for realistic difficulty. I'll edit this and add the link when I'm at my laptop but yeah, they make for really good games. There's some sad people who dedicate all their time to creating these slider sets but the results are great..I play with 'realism' sliders, and my games vs teams like PIT or BAL will be low scoring defensive affairs that I often lose..and if i play the bills theyll get the **** kicked out of them. It makes madden a whole lot better.

Edit: Here's the link to the sliders :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
If anyone wants my old sliders for Madden 08 for PC, let me know. They worked pretty well.
Original post by Hedgeman49
I managed to draw the 2nd pick in one of my fantasy leagues, picked up CJ2K! 1st pick took AP.

Definitely a solid pick-up, I got him 2nd last year after Rabbit took Rodgers. I think Peterson is definitely the consensus 1st pick this year though as I think the Vikings will struggle to get any form of air game going...
On that note, does anyone have any other fantasy games with spaces going, before I just have to pick a random one off the site?
Reply 2144
In case any of you have Gamepass / NFL Network and are interested, America's Game: The 2010 Green Bay Packers is on today at 3:30EDT (8:30BST)
anyone know what time the madden 12 demo will be out tomorrow?
Reply 2146
Original post by fudgesundae
anyone know what time the madden 12 demo will be out tomorrow?

Its coming out tomorrow and is anyone getting tickets for tampa bay vs chicago bears i cant wait im getting tickets for that and the superbowl :biggrin:
Lol our front office is a joke. The Ravens signed Ricky Williams. What a terrible signing.
Original post by Baltimoron
Lol our front office is a joke. The Ravens signed Ricky Williams. What a terrible signing.

We have the best front office in the league! However I also question the wisdom of this decision...

Got through three rounds of our fantasy draft, first three picks as follows:
#2: CJ2K
#27: Matt Schaub (best QB left on the board, in a QB mad league so needed to nab him)
#30: Greg Jennings

Not pleased that I had to grab Schaub so early but pretty pleased with the other two.
FFS Lions have lost Finley for 4 weeks, Young for a week and LeShore for the season.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
We have the best front office in the league! However I also question the wisdom of this decision...

Got through three rounds of our fantasy draft, first three picks as follows:
#2: CJ2K
#27: Matt Schaub (best QB left on the board, in a QB mad league so needed to nab him)
#30: Greg Jennings

Not pleased that I had to grab Schaub so early but pretty pleased with the other two.

Haha yes I generally agree that we have the best front office in the NFL. Ozzie Newsome is a beast. But I just don't understand this decision. It makes no sense.
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
FFS Lions have lost Finley for 4 weeks, Young for a week and LeShore for the season.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Eh, all backups, you'll be fine.
Reply 2152
Is anybody else here gonna watch the Pre-season? I hope Jets get to the Super Bowl this season, 2 AFC Championships in a row just need the win for the SB!

Wish they'd drop Sanchez though...12 interceptions over 5/6 games is disgraceful...
Original post by Syanidal
Is anybody else here gonna watch the Pre-season? I hope Jets get to the Super Bowl this season, 2 AFC Championships in a row just need the win for the SB!

Wish they'd drop Sanchez though...12 interceptions over 5/6 games is disgraceful...

who is the Jets backup QB though?
Reply 2154
I can't remember his name, he played in the AFC Championship and he was pretty good. Sanchez will probably still be the quarterback for this season, but hopefully he won't suck as much...
Eh, all backups, you'll be fine.

To an extent-bLeshore was not supposed to be a backup (50/50 carries with Best was the idea) nor was Young (3rd 'over the top' reciever to take the lid of the defense).
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
To an extent-bLeshore was not supposed to be a backup (50/50 carries with Best was the idea) nor was Young (3rd 'over the top' reciever to take the lid of the defense).

I picked up Jahvid in the 5th round of my fantasy league as my #2 back as a result of this injury, haha.
Original post by Syanidal
I can't remember his name, he played in the AFC Championship and he was pretty good. Sanchez will probably still be the quarterback for this season, but hopefully he won't suck as much...

Original post by fudgesundae
who is the Jets backup QB though?

That would be Mark Brunell. They have re-signed him for this year, just at a lower contract.
Reply 2158
Any news on our fantasy league yet?
just played first demo game. Seems harder than Madden 11 to me (or maybe I'm not used to it).

13-10 win as packers in OT on pro difficulty lol, never had a game that close on pro before.

Gonna play as Bears next.

Latest