The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to be sitting this paper next year, has anyone got any tips?
Reply 3261
Original post by LifeIsGood

Revise
Reply 3262
This blummin paper cost me my uni place - I was struggling in chemistry but worked my arse off enough that i could have got an A in the exam (i did in F324 after a U in the mock) but ended up getting a D. My A2 coursework was also moderated down at least 3 UMS points from an A to a B, and despite my B in AS, I ended up with a C overall with 6 UMS off the B i needed for Uni... So I got AAC instead of my ABB offer. 4 raw marks more and I would have exceeded my offer. Now having to resit the year to bump it back up to where it should be :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3263
Original post by Kalishka
This blummin paper cost me my uni place - I was struggling in chemistry but worked my arse off enough that i could have got an A in the exam (i did in F324 after a U in the mock) but ended up getting a D. My A2 coursework was also moderated down at least 3 UMS points from an A to a B, and despite my B in AS, I ended up with a C overall with 6 UMS off the B i needed for Uni... So I got AAC instead of my ABB offer. 4 raw marks more and I would have exceeded my offer. Now having to resit the year to bump it back up to where it should be :frown:

Sorry to hear that but better luck next time. Chemistry is a hard subject but many people are able to do well at it with enough practice.
Reply 3264
Original post by BA1
Sorry to hear that but better luck next time. Chemistry is a hard subject but many people are able to do well at it with enough practice.

Thanks, I got an A* at GCSE but got unlucky with my college teachers and so lost enthusiam. I got a chemistry revision-buddy in year 13 which helped loads but i'm just so annoyed about that last exam - I was so looking forward to never having to do chemistry again!!

Eat plenty of Magic Tang.
Original post by Jellytots122
I got 150/150 and an A* overall.... very surprised as chemistry was the one i thought i'd do least well in! very happy at this lol!

Very well done! :biggrin:
Looks like someone neg repped you for doing fantastically, dw it's balanced out now :wink:
Me too! :!!!
Though I thought I did best in chemistry though :colondollar:
How'd your other results?
Off to uni? :smile:

Spend as much time as possible, reading textbook, understanding it all, don't be afraid to ask for help --> 100% on your way hon.
Original post by jumpthroughtime
I got 150/150 UMS and A* overall too! Never seen so many get 100% haha, hope they didn't give me the wrong results...

Room for one more? :sexface:
Original post by Kalamari Dave
Spend as much time as possible, reading textbook, understanding it all, don't be afraid to ask for help --> 100% on your way hon.

lol I thought I had flopped! :P got an A 130 lol fair enough
Original post by Kalamari Dave
Very well done! :biggrin:
Looks like someone neg repped you for doing fantastically, dw it's balanced out now :wink:
Me too! :!!!
Though I thought I did best in chemistry though :colondollar:
How'd your other results?
Off to uni? :smile:

thanks!! :smile: aw your so nice! haha why'd that person neg me? -_-
you got full marks too? congrats to you too! theres so many of us! weird.... thou it might mean more people did badly..
Yes I am, you?
Just seen alot of you got brilliant grades for chemistry. Congratulations to all!!!!
Do you think i could move my C to an A in A2 OCR Chemistry?

My marks are
F321- 69/90 (B)
F322- 123/150 (A)
F323- 52/60 (A)
F324- 64/90 (B)
F325- 64/150 (E)
F326- 36/60 (C)

total= 409
which would you say to resit?
I got an A at AS but F325 was a tough one due to just being unprepared and going blank in the exam (damn magic tang)
I think it might be difficult to resit my F326 as sixth form are not allowing students back for another year...but i was thinking of resitting F325 and F321 (to boost UMS)

Also any tips on when to start revision, what to focus on, how to work etc would be great!

cheers
Does anyone have the June 2011 F324 and F325 papers please?
Thanks
Original post by Clara Higgins
Hey. Just wondered if you managed to find a copy of either of the papers? Hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks in advanced!!! x

Yes, I did. Here it is.
Original post by flowerscat
Yes, I did. Here it is.

What about Biology and Physics?
This exam was an absolute piss take :nothing:

Good luck to those sitting it next year :smile:
Original post by Clara Higgins
Just wondered about F325 JUNE 2011 paper? Thanks for F324 though!!! x

Ah I see I uploaded the wrong set :biggrin:
Original post by intellectual1
What about Biology and Physics?

Am looking for those as well.:wink:
hi guys! right i need help. Ive completed A levels and resitting chemistry as I got a B & need an A for my course.
F321 - 79 (A)
F322- 125 (A)
F323 - 50 (A)
F324- 54 (C)
F325 - 107 (B)
F326 - 40 (C)
Total: 455 (B)
I am re-sitting F324 & F325 in January, I need 25 more ums marks in these papers to get an A, how many raw marks do you think that is??? I have properly started revising today and a quarter of my way through the first topic of F324 (hope its not too late)
Anyone that can shed light will be a massive help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending