The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln is my firm choice! - Anyone else going? :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Still haven't got anything back about my accommodation. :-(
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 181
Law, anyone? Just been down again today - still love it!
Reply 182
Original post by Sonny_J_D
Does anyone know who I should contact about accommodation (I handed in a form on Saturday, but that was before my place was confirmed so I don't know if it 'counted')

Getting very paranoid about having nowhere to stay...

Was this at the clearing open day? I handed mine in then before I was confirmed too and I haven't heard anything either. The accommodation people said we should expect to hear from like Wednesday maybe, so I guess if i haven't heard by the end of this week I'll call them up or something. Yeah I don't want to end up with no place to stay either! :/
Don't worry guys, this happens every year it seems. You should find out soon, although I hope you don't end up like some freshers did last year with having to go through ClubEasy etc to find accommodation.
Reply 184
Original post by red93
it seems absolutely lovely, but i've only been there twice for open days etc.

so glad i got in for media production! :biggrin:
anyone else doing it?

I've only been there twice aswell for open days AND I'm doing media production. :biggrin: Yay! See you there.
Reply 185
Don't worry about accommodation! A lot of second and third years have had to go into the crappy accommodation because as soon as the deadline to sign contracts ended for them the university reserved all of the spare rooms in places like hayes wharf, pavilions, brayford quay and junxion etc... Just be patient. If you haven't heard anything by the end of this week then I'd ring the accommodation hotline or bombard Mr. Ball with emails asking where you are staying haha
Original post by Gnatalie
Don't worry about accommodation! A lot of second and third years have had to go into the crappy accommodation because as soon as the deadline to sign contracts ended for them the university reserved all of the spare rooms in places like hayes wharf, pavilions, brayford quay and junxion etc... Just be patient. If you haven't heard anything by the end of this week then I'd ring the accommodation hotline or bombard Mr. Ball with emails asking where you are staying haha

So most firsties don't have to brawl for rooms then?

Original post by WJD
Law, anyone? Just been down again today - still love it!

I'm doing Law and politics!! see you in september :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by Lunar
I've only been there twice aswell for open days AND I'm doing media production. :biggrin: Yay! See you there.

AHHH!! i'm so excited! :biggrin:
where's your accommodation? i've got student village en suite apparently :smile: i just want to know what flat i'm in now.
Reply 189
Original post by red93
AHHH!! i'm so excited! :biggrin:
where's your accommodation? i've got student village en suite apparently :smile: i just want to know what flat i'm in now.

:biggrin:
Well I applied for Student Village en-suite and I've done all the necessary deposits and accepting stuff. So yeah - I'm in the same position as you. Just awaiting the flat number. :smile:
Reply 190
I wish I had something about accomodation :| at this rate i'll be fetching my cardboard box out to try and make it look homely
Reply 191
Original post by chloee46
I wish I had something about accomodation :| at this rate i'll be fetching my cardboard box out to try and make it look homely

Ahh same! :nooo:

What makes things worse is I have tonnes of cardboard boxes in my room at present ready for packing, and everyone in the house is teasing me asking which one I'll be living in... :afraid:

:crossedf: hoping it comes tomorrow. (I've said that every night this week...)
Haven't received anything about accommodation and now I'm getting paranoid that they haven't even received my application (despite the fact I handed it in in person)
Reply 193
I emailed them a couple of days ago and they said the next batch was posted the 23rd. And Mine came this morning! I'm in Park Court.

So the rest should be soon :smile:
Original post by Looose
I emailed them a couple of days ago and they said the next batch was posted the 23rd. And Mine came this morning! I'm in Park Court.

So the rest should be soon :smile:

What email address did you use? I've emailed them about four days ago and got no reply...
Reply 196
Original post by Sonny_J_D
What email address did you use? I've emailed them about four days ago and got no reply...

[email protected] :smile:
Original post by Lunar
Well I applied for Student Village en-suite and I've done all the necessary deposits and accepting stuff. So yeah - I'm in the same position as you. Just awaiting the flat number. :smile:

I've done the same so hopefull we both have places! Do you know when we find out our flat number?
Original post by BrightShine
I've done the same so hopefull we both have places! Do you know when we find out our flat number?

Letters go out on the 1st :smile:
Reply 199
Eee! I am getting really excited now, I can't wait. Still doesn't feel real though. I'm still working, so it feels as if uni is still ages away, but it's really not!!

Quick Reply

Latest