The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizzywoo

Wow going to America must have been amazing :smile: I'm trying to arrange some lab work and dairy Cos that's what I'm missing atm I think

I don't know another course which expects so much of you even before you've started :frown: lol

Yea I loved it. My favorite placement to date has been the dairy farm, really have enjoyed it.

I know, its the hardest course to gain a place in. The interviews are extremely tough, aswell as good grades and a heap of exp.
Reply 241
Cool :smile: it's hard ain't it to find a flexible workplace :smile: same about the application status nearly nearly finished :smile: I'm feeling really nervous though !!!!

Yeah, where I'm working right now isn't that bad, they know about uni/work experience so my manager often gives me days off at the last minute to go see an op etc. And she gives me like a whole week off at a time, providing I work solid for at least 2. :rolleyes: The only problem I'm having with her is getting away in time to see evening consults, she's had me on lates every day since I started and refuses to recall the multiple discussions we've had about it.
I'm the same, I don't think there's anything quite as nerve-wracking as trying to get yourself into uni. And the fact that the process is so long really doesn't help much.
Hey guys, I've joined the 2012 vetmed thread too, but I thought I'd post on here too!

I'm reapplying this year to Nott, Bristol, RVC and Liverpool :smile:

I'm guessing you guys are all in pretty much the same situation as me - all friends are leaving for uni this weekend/next weekend and I'm the only one here now :frown: sucks!
hi im taking biology chemistry english lit and history at a level but i got a c at maths and bb in science will i still be accepted to some of the veterinary universities if i get the right grades at a level but dont have the right gcse grades
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Yea, last year I had Bristol and Liverpool :smile:
U ?

RYAN! You do realise you will be turning up to your Bristol interview this year drunk. Just saying. You have no choice in the matter!!
Reply 245
Original post by I_like_yumyums
I'm guessing you guys are all in pretty much the same situation as me - all friends are leaving for uni this weekend/next weekend and I'm the only one here now :frown: sucks!

its sooooo depressing and lonely! :frown: everyone keeps talking about how amazing freshers week is as well..
Reply 246
Original post by Marley13
Yeah, where I'm working right now isn't that bad, they know about uni/work experience so my manager often gives me days off at the last minute to go see an op etc. And she gives me like a whole week off at a time, providing I work solid for at least 2. :rolleyes: The only problem I'm having with her is getting away in time to see evening consults, she's had me on lates every day since I started and refuses to recall the multiple discussions we've had about it.
I'm the same, I don't think there's anything quite as nerve-wracking as trying to get yourself into uni. And the fact that the process is so long really doesn't help much.

Oo thats pretty good, shame about the whole lates situation! I've got set hours at the pub which makes arranging stuf easier. Sorry for the delayed reply been in London seeing Lee Evans was soo good. The train journey did give me time to finish my final draft of personal statement.
Reply 247

I feel the same, this time of year for the past 2 years has been the worst. You sign into fb and you're bombarded by status and photos about uni :frown: I just hope next year we are all celebrating in freshers week!!
Original post by Mooseyboy

RYAN! You do realise you will be turning up to your Bristol interview this year drunk. Just saying. You have no choice in the matter!!

Hahahaaaa, yeoooooo. I shall look forward to convincing my interviewers that I am not drunk :biggrin:
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Hahahaaaa, yeoooooo. I shall look forward to convincing my interviewers that I am not drunk :biggrin:

You're irish mate. It's expected:tongue:
Reply 250
Oo thats pretty good, shame about the whole lates situation! I've got set hours at the pub which makes arranging stuf easier. Sorry for the delayed reply been in London seeing Lee Evans was soo good. The train journey did give me time to finish my final draft of personal statement.

I've got a minimum number of hours to be completed each week, but no set days or anything. Ohh, very good, how long did you stay there? I remember watching him in Mouse Trap or something. :tongue: I was so sure I had mine done, but then a person I asked to read it came round this afternoon and said to change thisthisandthis and now I'm all frazzled again.
Original post by hegm16
its sooooo depressing and lonely! :frown: everyone keeps talking about how amazing freshers week is as well..

I feel the same, this time of year for the past 2 years has been the worst. You sign into fb and you're bombarded by status and photos about uni :frown: I just hope next year we are all celebrating in freshers week!!

It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this! I'm just throwing myself into work experience, BMAT revision and generally anything to try and forget about it :frown:

But yeh - I'm sure it'll be us guys partying hard next year! I hope! It's only one year... :'\

You're irish mate. It's expected:tongue:

Hahaha, thats what failed me in my last Bristol interview..... noted :biggrin:
Reply 253
It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this! I'm just throwing myself into work experience, BMAT revision and generally anything to try and forget about it :frown:

But yeh - I'm sure it'll be us guys partying hard next year! I hope! It's only one year... :'\

It sucks so much. I'm not applying to RVC just to avoid the BMAT! haha!

Is anyone off to the EVS 3 day thing this weekend??
Original post by jayy...(:

That's what I did last year - it didn't pay off for me to avoid it so figured I'd give it a shot this year :')
Reply 255
Hey guys, I've joined the 2012 vetmed thread too, but I thought I'd post on here too!

I'm reapplying this year to Nott, Bristol, RVC and Liverpool :smile:

Hey! :smile:
I'm applying to the same places as you and I'm hating watching all my friends leaving :frown: It kinda hasn't sunk in yet cos I'm away from home doing work experience but I know going home on Friday is going to be horrible! What have you got planned for your year, how were your results?
Original post by scar-man
Hey! :smile:
I'm applying to the same places as you and I'm hating watching all my friends leaving :frown: It kinda hasn't sunk in yet cos I'm away from home doing work experience but I know going home on Friday is going to be horrible! What have you got planned for your year, how were your results?

Ah yay :smile:
Yeh it truly does suck - it still hasn't sunk in for me and I'm at home - they're all texting me saying how awesome it is, though at first quite a few said they wanted to come home - at least it means a load of free holidays for weekends :biggrin: What work experience are you doing?
Ah well I'm booked with work experience til November, and then just a job to try and compensate for the hike in fees - not that you'll ever really be able to compensate for them I guess!
I got A's in chem & bio, B's in physics & maths. C in further maths AS and an A* in EPQ. I'm resitting a physics module to hopefully push it up to an A in january. How about you? :smile:
Original post by jayy...(:

Is anyone off to the EVS 3 day thing this weekend??

Everyone guesses on the BMAT anyway. It's not as terrible as everyone makes out tbh!
Reply 258
Original post by Marley13
I've got a minimum number of hours to be completed each week, but no set days or anything. Ohh, very good, how long did you stay there? I remember watching him in Mouse Trap or something. :tongue: I was so sure I had mine done, but then a person I asked to read it came round this afternoon and said to change thisthisandthis and now I'm all frazzled again.

oh no can you not get them set to certain days?? Just a couple of days, went to the natural history museum as well which was really interesting.

Dont you just hate it when you think its perfect and then they just nit pick it to pieces lol
Reply 259
oh no can you not get them set to certain days?? Just a couple of days, went to the natural history museum as well which was really interesting.

Dont you just hate it when you think its perfect and then they just nit pick it to pieces lol

Nah, there are a few people at work who have reduced hours because they're pregnant/have college etc so I basically cover whenever they can't work. Oh wow, I'd love to go there. :smile: It's not quite as cool as London's but there's a science museum in Edinburgh somewhere that I'm visiting next week after the open day, quite looking forward to it.
Yeah, it's awful. I'm at the point where I almost don't care anymore, I just want rid of the thing! But at the same time, I'm a total perfectionist so don't want to let go until I'm happy with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending