The Student Room Group

Cancelling UCAS early application and re-applying

I'm applying to Oxbridge and my other 4 unis during the early application cycle but I don't feel too confident about passing the Oxbridge admission tests and making it to the interview round. If i don't make it to the interview round (which I'll find out by end of October) can I cancel my application to the other unis and then re-apply during the regular admissions cycle after making changes to my uni options and to my personal statement?
I think I could definitely improve my personal statement and also if i cancel then I could add a 5th uni option. Is this even possible? I dont want to cancel before finding out whether I passed the interview round though. PLSS if someone could help me out and let me know
Original post by curious_6372
I'm applying to Oxbridge and my other 4 unis during the early application cycle but I don't feel too confident about passing the Oxbridge admission tests and making it to the interview round. If i don't make it to the interview round (which I'll find out by end of October) can I cancel my application to the other unis and then re-apply during the regular admissions cycle after making changes to my uni options and to my personal statement?
I think I could definitely improve my personal statement and also if i cancel then I could add a 5th uni option. Is this even possible? I dont want to cancel before finding out whether I passed the interview round though. PLSS if someone could help me out and let me know

You can only cancel and resubmit a new UCAS application within 14 days of applying.

Why didn't you just add your Oxbridge choice to your early application and leave your other 4 choices blank ta add in later?

It's rare for universities to make decisions on who to give an offer to based on PS alone.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You can only cancel and resubmit a new UCAS application within 14 days of applying.

Why didn't you just add your Oxbridge choice to your early application and leave your other 4 choices blank ta add in later?

It's rare for universities to make decisions on who to give an offer to based on PS alone.

Hey, thanks for replying. I could do that but i was told i cant add in my other choices later by my school so now I've already submitted my application and got a confirmation from the rest of my choices :/
If you get rejected from all 5 applications there is fallback process called UCAS extra that allows you to make an extra application (one at a time).

Unless your applying for an extremely competitive set of courses such as: medicine, veterinary or the top top unis for economics, law etc. then you would probably be unlikely to get 5 rejections (assuming you are a credible oxbridge candidate).
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending