The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by I_like_yumyums
That's what I did last year - it didn't pay off for me to avoid it so figured I'd give it a shot this year :')

good on you!!! i'm not that brave :tongue:
Reply 261
Original post by Mooseyboy
Everyone guesses on the BMAT anyway. It's not as terrible as everyone makes out tbh!

Yep, but it didn't go well at all for me last time! i'd rather just ditch RVC and go for Edinburgh instead :smile:
Reply 262
Original post by Marley13
Nah, there are a few people at work who have reduced hours because they're pregnant/have college etc so I basically cover whenever they can't work. Oh wow, I'd love to go there. :smile: It's not quite as cool as London's but there's a science museum in Edinburgh somewhere that I'm visiting next week after the open day, quite looking forward to it.
Yeah, it's awful. I'm at the point where I almost don't care anymore, I just want rid of the thing! But at the same time, I'm a total perfectionist so don't want to let go until I'm happy with it.

Oh i see thats very annoying!! Oh cool, i think i did briefly pass it when i visited edinburgh a couple of years ago.
Haha i know the feeling i think I'm just about done now just gotta check through it all just to triple check everything is correct lol
Reply 263
has anyone every been on one of these BMAT prep couses? my parents are desperate for me to go on one (nice to know they have faith in me!) but as i will be footing the bill i want to know if they're worth it? :/
Original post by jayy...(:
Yep, but it didn't go well at all for me last time! i'd rather just ditch RVC and go for Edinburgh instead :smile:

Edinburgh > London anyday tbh! I wish i had applied there in a way, better than Glasgow!
Reply 265
rvc is the besttttttttttt :biggrin: haha
hegm16 i'm doing a weekend one this year at my college so it's not as expensive as they do this discount thing for their college students. last year i didn't do one and did pretty average but struggled on the physics and maths. if you're struggling for money, i remember seeing one when i was browsing last year where you do it over the internet, so they send you the papers etc in the mail and then they give you a link and you get to watch the teaching from their webcam and can submit questions etccc and it was like £100 cheaper than going to the actual place or something
Reply 266
Hi guys, reapplying this year after 4 straight rejections last year. I'm trying to organise some laboratory work at the moment and I just wondered what labs people had done work experience at. I've been trying to get a placement at a VLA lab but I've been told this is impossible because I'm too old. As I can't go back in a time machine could anyone recommend a private lab that would take work experience students, any suggestions would be much appreciated :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 267
Original post by I_like_yumyums
Ah yay :smile:
Yeh it truly does suck - it still hasn't sunk in for me and I'm at home - they're all texting me saying how awesome it is, though at first quite a few said they wanted to come home - at least it means a load of free holidays for weekends :biggrin: What work experience are you doing?
Ah well I'm booked with work experience til November, and then just a job to try and compensate for the hike in fees - not that you'll ever really be able to compensate for them I guess!
I got A's in chem & bio, B's in physics & maths. C in further maths AS and an A* in EPQ. I'm resitting a physics module to hopefully push it up to an A in january. How about you? :smile:

I'm doing a SA practice at the moment where my grandad used to work and luckily 2 of my best friends have gone to Kent Uni so I went to visit them last night which was so much fun! I'm the same as you, got work experience booked solidly before I go full time at my job in 5 weeks time!
I don't have to do any resits this year luckily because I got A*s in Chemistry, Maths and English Lit and then an A in Biology and was happy enough with that to not resit haha! Have you got all your UCAS ready? :smile:
Reply 268
Original post by Becky:)*
Hi guys, reapplying this year after 4 straight rejections last year. I'm trying to organise some laboratory work at the moment and I just wondered what labs people had done work experience at. I've been trying to get a placement at a VLA lab but I've been told this is impossible because I'm too old. As I can't go back in a time machine could anyone recommend a private lab that would take work experience students, any suggestions would be much appreciated :smile:

I did work experience at VLA Starcross in Exeter. Maybe try Veterinary Practices which have large labs?? How can you be too old?!
Reply 269
Edinburgh > London anyday tbh! I wish i had applied there in a way, better than Glasgow!

Indeed! Have you sent your application off already?! I feel so unorganised....
Indeed! Have you sent your application off already?! I feel so unorganised....

I'm off to Bristol in 11 days mate. Just came on this thread to call Ryan names really but got sidetracked!
I'm off to Bristol in 11 days mate. Just came on this thread to call Ryan names really but got sidetracked!

Don't walk into too many doors when you go. :wink:
Reply 272

get off this thread! this is only for us poor folks who didn't get in! :wink:
Original post by gernumblies
Don't walk into too many doors when you go. :wink:

You HAD to remember didn't you! I hope I don't run into any one of those 5/6 people who saw me do it in freshers! They were pretty fit too :s
get off this thread! this is only for us poor folks who didn't get in! :wink:

TECHNICALLY... Until october the 2nd i'm not a vet student, i will stay until then and then i will have to go :tongue:

get off our thread. You're making us me feel inadequate.. :cry2:
TECHNICALLY... Until october the 2nd i'm not a vet student, i will stay until then and then i will have to go :tongue:

but you're not a reapplicant, which is what this thread is so.... go sit in the 2011 one on your own.

Kthxbye x :smile:
Original post by ILurfSmurf
get off our thread. You're making us me feel inadequate.. :cry2:

LOUISE GREGOR MENDEL COE. Shhhhhhhh! We both know the ONLY reason you're a re-app is because of the silly mooooo! I don't think any vet app would have managed to meet their offer under your circumstances. And everyone knows you will be raving it up (hopefully in Bristol just cause you have ripped it saying liverpuddles better) next year <3

You would never call me names Tom :tongue:
LOUISE GREGOR MENDEL COE. Shhhhhhhh! We both know the ONLY reason you're a re-app is because of the silly mooooo! I don't think any vet app would have managed to meet their offer under your circumstances. And everyone knows you will be raving it up (hopefully in Bristol just cause you have ripped it saying liverpuddles better) next year <3

who the hell is gregor mendel?!?!
mm true - chemistry seems much easier when my horse isnt in a referral hospital... although he may be going back for surgery 2 weeks today - eugh its never ending! Still will be a good case study to talk about :tongue:

I hope I shall be raving it up, however it wont be at bristol, as errr

i'm not applying there this year :colondollar:

although i AM at some point coming to visit helen, oh and i suppose i guess that means you too :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending