The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Logged into track for the first time yesterday... the first of many :rolleyes:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Logged into track for the first time yesterday... the first of many :rolleyes:

I'm itching for my reference to be finished so that the stalking can begin :colone:
Original post by hannahwhelan
I'm itching for my reference to be finished so that the stalking can begin :colone:

:sexface:

and the endless days of staring into the empty track, longing for a response :bebored:
:sexface:

and the endless days of staring into the empty track, longing for a response :bebored:

I think I'll probably have a heart-attack the first time I receive a "your track has been updated" e-mail from UCAS :colondollar:

Will we find out if we've been invited for interview from Oxford themselves before anything is updated on track, does anyone know?
I think I'll probably have a heart-attack the first time I receive a "your track has been updated" e-mail from UCAS :colondollar:

Will we find out if we've been invited for interview from Oxford themselves before anything is updated on track, does anyone know?

Erm... I THINK we are e-mailed by the college? but it may be on UCAS too?
:s either way, we'll get some kind of UCAS e-mail! I wonder when's the earliest they've ever let an applicant know if they've been called for interview or not.

:beard:
:s either way, we'll get some kind of UCAS e-mail! I wonder when's the earliest they've ever let an applicant know if they've been called for interview or not.

I'm assuming we'll find out 3-4 weeks after the admissions tests...? The English interviews are being held on the 5th and 6th of December apparently, which is only 4 weeks after the ELAT :s-smilie:

And on a similar note, it's only 4 weeks and 4 days until the November 2nd admissions tests!!! I'm going to be a complete wreck by the time I actually sit the exam :colondollar:

And on a similar note, it's only 4 weeks and 4 days until the November 2nd admissions tests!!! I'm going to be a complete wreck by the time I actually sit the exam :colondollar:

:eek: :cry2:

It's so soon!
:eek: :cry2:

It's so soon!

Tell me about it :frown: I have my driving theory test half-way through October though so I might have to throw my energy in to worrying about that for a while instead. I'm just hoping this month passes quickly!

I'm assuming we'll find out 3-4 weeks after the admissions tests...? The English interviews are being held on the 5th and 6th of December apparently, which is only 4 weeks after the ELAT :s-smilie:

Quoted so you all see this hopefully.

You don't recieve anything on/from UCAS regarding interview. You'll get a letter from Oxford towards the back end of November telling you if you've made it to interview or not.

And then you'll find out Christmas week (i.e. the week preceeding Christmas) whether you've been given an offer or not. Track won't update until about mid January.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SamF1992
Quoted so you all see this hopefully.

You don't recieve anything on/from UCAS regarding interview. You'll get a letter from Oxford towards the back end of November telling you if you've made it to interview or not.

Ah, thanks for the info!
Ah, thanks for the info!

Just so you don't miss it, I've edited the post regarding when you find out if you've got an offer or not too :smile:

And I know this sounds easy to say coming from someone with their place secure, but if/when you do get to interview try to enjoy them. I had a great time over my interview period and keep in touch with a lot of the people still now.
Original post by SamF1992
Just so you don't miss it, I've edited the post regarding when you find out if you've got an offer or not too :smile:

And I know this sounds easy to say coming from someone with their place secure, but if/when you do get to interview try to enjoy them. I had a great time over my interview period and keep in touch with a lot of the people still now.

Finding out about an offer just before Christmas seems a little stressful! :eek:

The interviews sound like they'd be really interesting/good fun, actually :biggrin: I just hope I manage to get one!

I have an app on my iphone for UCAS track so

afjsdgjkdg

asjfjgkfdjhdjffdhklfjsgkl

*incoherent*
Is the accomodation cost the same at any college?
Do they cost the same?

I want to send the application next week, but I am still struggling with an open or closed application.

Thanks.
Original post by edo1493
Is the accomodation cost the same at any college?
Do they cost the same?

I want to send the application next week, but I am still struggling with an open or closed application.

Thanks.

Nope :tongue: All of the accomodation is different, as it belongs to each individual college, but I guess it's all pretty standard - some is older, some is more modern - just down to personal preference...

If you want, make an open application (all colleges are more alike than different!), but to get a better overview of all of the colleges I suggest you have a quick look here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Oxford_College_Pros_and_Cons and here http://www.ousu.org/prospective-students/main/prospective-students/2010_alternative_prospectus/ap-colleges.pdf :smile:

Oh, and make sure they do your course etc. too!
Reply 6435
TSR username: emma3456
Subject: Law
College: No specification
GCSE (or equivalent): 2A*, 7As, 2Bs
AS (or equivalent): AAAB
A2 predictions: A*A*AA
I've got the welcome letter now :awesome:

Original post by Tobedotty
I think you have to wait untill they send you a letter with your details in the post :smile:
Original post by dnumberwang
I've got the welcome letter now :awesome:

Same, got mine this morning :awesome:
Reply 6438
Im waiting for mine :frown:
Application went to UCAS on friday, still says they're processing it. I hope I get the letter on monday or tuesday.
Although, then I'll just get addicated to logging into track, even when there's no way I'll be getting an replies for Unis for AGESS.

And end of November is ages to wait to find out if we have an interview! Sigh.
can you add me to the applicants list...better late than never...
GCSEs 6A*,9A ,B,C
AS- Maths A, Physics A, Further Maths A, Chem B(dropped)
A2 predictions- A*A*A* (Maths, FM, Phys)
College-Wadham?

Latest

Trending

Trending