The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Is it shut down? I thought it was still around?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Does anyone know if I should apply online or ask them directly for jobs inside the uni (especially for libraries and bookshop)
Reply 722
Original post by The Cornerstone

Does anyone know if I should apply online or ask them directly for jobs inside the uni (especially for libraries and bookshop)

Asking in person, tbh.
Original post by QwentyJ
Asking in person, tbh.

Thanks, I'll try to ask during the first weeks (hopefully no one will think of doing this and I'll get the job :tongue:)
Don't they just put all the jobs up on the jobs website? for the main uni anyway (i.e. not the union)
http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/jobs
Original post by museobsessed
Don't they just put all the jobs up on the jobs website? for the main uni anyway (i.e. not the union)

I tried this but I thought it was for people outside the uni (I'm not sure though)
Original post by museobsessed

Not too sure for the bookshop.

Has to be said, when they got more quite patrol for exams, I never saw any advestisements for it.

Nor for Nourish this year actually. I find it very hard to believe that not one member of staff has left and needs replacing.
After a conversation with my dad, I realised that I'm paying **** loads for a catered accomodation (especially as it's Digby) and it doesn't seem to me to have any other advantages. Does anyone know if the self catered flats near the uni (Opal, freemen etc...) and other ones in the city or private accomodation (abode) would be cheaper overall?
(edited 12 years ago)
After a conversation with my dad, I realised that I'm paying **** loads for a catered accomodation (especially as it's Digby) and it doesn't seem to me to have any other advantages. Does anyone know if the self catered flats near the uni (Opal, freemen etc...) and other ones in the city would be cheaper overall?

I would have a look at this it give you a brief outline http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/student-accommodation/self-catered-city-living.

Opal court you are looking at around 4,000 a year as the contract is 42 weeks suited to Internationals really, Freeman's cheaper definitely, depends where you want to stay Nixon Court for example.
Also if you want private accomodation, there are a few alternatives towards the Royal Hospital to live in.
Reply 729
After a conversation with my dad, I realised that I'm paying **** loads for a catered accomodation (especially as it's Digby) and it doesn't seem to me to have any other advantages. Does anyone know if the self catered flats near the uni (Opal, freemen etc...) and other ones in the city or private accomodation (abode) would be cheaper overall?

Where are you in Digby?
Original post by Tericon
Where are you in Digby?

Somewhere...

Why do you wanna know? :mmm:
Original post by Tericon
Merely curious, if it'll make you a little more forthcoming, I'm in Blue Block :P

I'm a bit wary of someone reading this, but let's just say that the block is the same colour as my username and we'll end at that. :tongue:
Reply 732
I'm a bit wary of someone reading this, but let's just say that the block is the same colour as my username and we'll end at that. :tongue:[/QUOT

Ahhh.....you people have quite the reputation....tomato ketchup? :tongue:
Reply 733

No way would those be cheaper, only Mary Gee, and it's like a prison. Though Digby has rats every year, so probably not that much worse. Opal is like 6000+ a year, same with Nixon. Freeman's is slightly cheaper but not much, and they pretty much only put internationals (mainly asians) in there from what I know.
Original post by Tericon

Ahhh.....you people have quite the reputation....tomato ketchup? :tongue:

We're known for being quite rowdy and loud in our own block, I doubt other blocks have chairs outside just for when we want to be outside and beer cans, pizza boxes on the floor everywhere :mmm:

Original post by SpamBa
No way would those be cheaper, only Mary Gee, and it's like a prison. Though Digby has rats every year, so probably not that much worse. Opal is like 6000+ a year, same with Nixon. Freeman's is slightly cheaper but not much, and they pretty much only put internationals (mainly asians) in there from what I know.

Now that you mention it I keep hearing things at night but I thought it was my flatmates :afraid:

I know opal is quite expensive so I was thinking to go to Freeman's, I don't know how much it is but I'm willing to change anything for a hall that is 3900+ a year for an old hall and awful food that we have to go to another hall to get there.
(edited 12 years ago)
I didn't know Digby were rowdy, you guys seem to be quiet. to be fair, i'm living in Beaumont anyway so I don't know what goes on down there.
So how was every one's first term and and are you looking forward to the second term?
Reply 737
In the next two weeks I've got 40 hours of work, a 2500 word essay and an exam for which I have NO IDEA what to do or what I will be asked.
I have 3 essays of 10.5k words to write. It's time to get down to it as I come back up to LE2 today.
I was back in Leicester this weekend!! Mosh is still the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending