The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And the greatest linebacker of all time adds to his legacy. Ray Lewis just became the first player in NFL history to reach 40 sacks and 30 interceptions.
Mason Crosby makes 139 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs - ideal for my fantasy team. :coma:
Reply 2862
I really like Jim Harbaugh, but the smack on the back was a bit too much--although the detroit lions coach's reaction was almost comical.
This is annoying me.

As a Bucs fan I want them to win, but as my fantasy team goes I want Ingram to have a good game.

It's killing me.

Also I need to change Watson out for a new TE, because he isn't good enough.
As a patriots fan... all I can say is "PHEW. THANK **** FOR TOM BRADY".
My unbeaten fantasy run is coming to an unfortunate end this week, was expected with the number of guys I had on a bye, but still saddening!
Original post by Hedgeman49
My unbeaten fantasy run is coming to an unfortunate end this week, was expected with the number of guys I had on a bye, but still saddening!

Glad I could oblige. :awesome:
Dolphins vs Jets tonight. Jets will win, but I'm not sure how the game to end as a Phins fan what with all the Luck sweepstakes! On the other hand, no win is sweeter than beating the Jets...
(edited 12 years ago)
I need 40 points from Jets D tonight to win my Fantasy game. Normally I'd just call that a loss already, but against Henne it doesn't seem too ridiculous :p:
Couldn't believe the Lions lost last night, They've been playing brilliantly so far! I think they're definitely in the running for a wild card place!
Original post by Blaah Blaah
I need 40 points from Jets D tonight to win my Fantasy game. Normally I'd just call that a loss already, but against Henne it doesn't seem too ridiculous :p:

Henne's already out for the year anyway.

As for the Dolphins last night, that was dire. I guess we're getting closer and closer to being able to draft Luck, although I have my doubts too.

Also, a question is, if the Rams were to end up with the first pick, do they pick Luck and trade Bradford? I mean I know Bradford was the first pick a couple of years back, but as Luck is considered by many the best qb prospect since John Elway, then surely a lot of people would see him as an upgrade. So what do they do?
Reply 2871
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Henne's already out for the year anyway.

As for the Dolphins last night, that was dire. I guess we're getting closer and closer to being able to draft Luck, although I have my doubts too.

Also, a question is, if the Rams were to end up with the first pick, do they pick Luck and trade Bradford? I mean I know Bradford was the first pick a couple of years back, but as Luck is considered by many the best qb prospect since John Elway, then surely a lot of people would see him as an upgrade. So what do they do?

The rams don't need a QB: They'd trade the pick for an absolute tonne of other picks, and possibly a few players as well and improve the rest of their team instead!
I'm in a very positive position across my leagues. I'm 5 - 1 in 3 or 4 of them.

This week Brady and a few other big names have byes though so it may be about to go downhill.
Reply 2873
Carson Palmer is being traded to the raiders for there 2012 First round pick and a conditional 2013 first rounder.

Definitely not worth those picks, but it will probably keep the Raiders as a contender.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rekyht
The rams don't need a QB: They'd trade the pick for an absolute tonne of other picks, and possibly a few players as well and improve the rest of their team instead!

This. Why make a slightly better upgrade at one (albeit key) position when they could upgrade 4 or 5 positions making them a more competitive team all round.
Original post by Rekyht
Carson Palmer is being traded to the raiders for there 2012 First round pick and a conditional 2013 first rounder.

Definitely not worth those picks, but it will probably keep the Raiders as a contender.

Not over the moon with the player or the price we paid to get him.

An upgrade over Campbell, yes, but then Joey Harrington would be an upgrade...

And I think we're now down to only a 4th and 7th round draft pick for next year, so we're putting it all on the line for a run this year. Not smart.
I wouldn't like that deal if I were a Raiders fan. I don't think the Raiders (bar some miraculous form from Palmer, who hasn't been a top rated QB for quite a while) will get far if they get into the playoffs. I could be wrong of course but it doesn't seem worth going for it all on one season on a soon-to-be 32 year old QB. Not in the long term anyway.

As for the Bradford thing I raised, I generally agree with you in principle with what was said, but if they were to trade Bradford for picks anyway and get a probable upgrade in football's most important position, would you? I mean it's not as if Bradford has helped them win games thus far either and if they were to get the 1st pick then he wouldn't have done so all year clearly.

:cool:
Raiders paid waaaay too much for what is essentially a deeply average QB. Upgrade over Campbell but not by a lot.
Reply 2879
I lost by 0.50 points last week. :frown:

Latest