The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by such_a_lady
:rofl: Baby bulls?

Sorry, I hate being poked fun at when I mess up in German. I shouldn't do it to you. Sorry. *bites lip*

Haha.. I just saw that now :biggrin: *******s!

http://bullocks.urbanup.com/775725
Original post by nightmare91

Just like Paul A. Samuelson said: 'In principle, mathematics cannot be worse than prose in economic theory; in principle, it certainly cannot be better than prose. For deepest logic- the two media are strictly identical.' :smile:

can. tell that to paul.
I applied last week to Oxford for their Economics & Management course.
In the acknowledgement mail they said that I would get a more detailed and precise answer from my college before the end of October....does that mean they'll let me know by then whether I'm getting an interview or not?
Original post by pkhelfried
In the acknowledgement mail they said that I would get a more detailed and precise answer from my college before the end of October....does that mean they'll let me know by then whether I'm getting an interview or not?

No, I'm sure the TSA is early November and you have to sit that first. They let you know in late November.
Reply 7764
Original post by imre93
That makes two of us! I'm applying for History & Politics and attempted a practice HAT today. Let's just say it didn't go too well :tongue: (It was my first day of preparation though, otherwise I'd REALLY be worried.)

I was told that the best thing to do is practice and hope :biggrin:

Me too! which college? and where else are you applying? :smile:
Original post by pkhelfried

You should receive more information regarding the entrance exam from the college you applied, not a verdict on your overall application.

No, I'm sure the TSA is early November and you have to sit that first. They let you know in late November.

This is correct: TSA is November 2nd, interview invitations (I presume) you're told about mid-late November.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
You should receive more information regarding the entrance exam from the college you applied, not a verdict on your overall application.

This is correct: TSA is November 2nd, interview invitations (I presume) you're told about mid-late November.

Scary set of UCAS choices you have there, sir!
Scary set of UCAS choices you have there, sir!

I figured all or nothing: if I chose any insurance-y choices I just wouldn't want to go, so why not go all out, eh. :tongue:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I figured all or nothing: if I chose any insurance-y choices I just wouldn't want to go, so why not go all out, eh. :tongue:

Same here :biggrin: My Plan B is Germany :wink:
Same here :biggrin: My Plan B is Germany :wink:

nightmare91
qfa

I have a question for you: do you know what standard of German is required to study in Germany? Do you need a B2/C1 diploma like in France - or do they ask for C2? :s-smilie:
Original post by medbh4805
just got an offer from manchester

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

:awesome:
I have a question for you: do you know what standard of German is required to study in Germany? Do you need a B2/C1 diploma like in France - or do they ask for C2? :s-smilie:

C1, I believe, as one boy when I was in SHA (I passed B2 when I was there) attempted C1 because he wanted to study in the Hamburg Hochschule (can't remember what it's called). However Test DaF is also sufficient, and that is between B2 and C1 in terms of difficulty, so I could pass that this year if I needed to. B2 is harder than A Level- a private school teacher told me it was 1st/2nd year uni level but I have to take his word for it- but C1 isn't actually so bad. Poor Ludwig just wasn't used to writing about statistics :/ B2, however, is enough for Switzerland (was about to write the Schweiz! oh dear) and Austria.
C1, I believe, as one boy when I was in SHA (I passed B2 when I was there) attempted C1 because he wanted to study in the Hamburg Hochschule (can't remember what it's called). However Test DaF is also sufficient, and that is between B2 and C1 in terms of difficulty, so I could pass that this year if I needed to. B2 is harder than A Level- a private school teacher told me it was 1st/2nd year uni level but I have to take his word for it- but C1 isn't actually so bad. Poor Ludwig just wasn't used to writing about statistics :/ B2, however, is enough for Switzerland (was about to write the Schweiz! oh dear) and Austria.

Ahh excellent (my level is still sub-GCSE so I'm finding it a bit difficult to find info online). I'm thinking about options for the future and it would be nice if I could include Germany/Austria/Switzerland among the places I can do postgrad :ninja:

reminding me I need to register to sit B2 French at some stage :nooo:
Ahh excellent (my level is still sub-GCSE so I'm finding it a bit difficult to find info online). I'm thinking about options for the future and it would be nice if I could include Germany/Austria/Switzerland among the places I can do postgrad :ninja:

reminding me I need to register to sit B2 French at some stage :nooo:

Oh I'd quite like to do Spanish by the end of A2 :biggrin: And I'd like to do C1 in German at some point. One day I will do C2 :biggrin:
Hi- I posted a question a couple of days ago, about changing courses- I'm really unhappy with my choice. Apparently, according to Oxford admissions, it can be done, but has to be done quickly. I would need to contact Oxford and ask to change course, and then give the personal statement/ references. Would anyone happen to know whether I would have to then contact all my other uni choices and do the same? And then, would it be to great a risk t take, in that they might all just reject me for my indecision?
Also, does anyone know of anyone who has actually done this?
Sorry for all the questions- my school is refusing- yes, refusing- to help me!:eek:
Just finished the Spanish essay!! :eek: Hopefully this one won't get 17/45...

Original post by ginger_biscuits
Hi- I posted a question a couple of days ago, about changing courses- I'm really unhappy with my choice. Apparently, according to Oxford admissions, it can be done, but has to be done quickly. I would need to contact Oxford and ask to change course, and then give the personal statement/ references. Would anyone happen to know whether I would have to then contact all my other uni choices and do the same? And then, would it be to great a risk t take, in that they might all just reject me for my indecision?
Also, does anyone know of anyone who has actually done this?
Sorry for all the questions- my school is refusing- yes, refusing- to help me!:eek:

I wish I could help you!! I feel so much sympathy for you because I also applied for a course which I'm not...well... Let's just say that I am nowhere near your situation! The best thing to do is contact UCAS and the other unis to find out :/
just got an offer from manchester

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Congrats! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

How are people getting offers already though? :eek: Did you submit your application really early?
Original post by punctuation
Congrats! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

How are people getting offers already though? :eek: Did you submit your application really early?

about a week ago :dontknow:
about a week ago :dontknow:

Ah, well, congratulations again! :smile:

Also why are any of you awake at this hour...? YOU SHOULD BE SLEEPING.
HEY GUYS, hope you are all well. :smile:

I have a question; Oxford said in my acknowledgement e-mail that I will 'receive much more detailed and specific information' from the college that I applied to before the end of October. Would that be about interviews or...? I have already done the Law admissions test and everybody applying for Law will have had to do it by then too.

Latest

Trending

Trending