The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by punctuation

Qualitas > Quantitas sounds awesome :P

*waits to get punched by classics applicants*

:indiff:
Original post by manic_fuzz

I've come to the conclusion that you're currently learning every language in existence :biggrin:

if only :sexface:
anybody received an email from Hertford?
Reply 8083
Original post by pai2502
Hi! I'm from Mumbai.. Applying to English Language & L. Worcester. WbU?

Hey there, I'm from Chennai.
I'm applying for Law.
Hey is anyone applying for chem? And which college?
Original post by thehaberprocess
Hey is anyone applying for chem? And which college?

Me!! :P I'm applying to Brasenose...you?
Original post by bekylouisex3
Me!! :P I'm applying to Brasenose...you?

St John's!! Have you heard from Brasenose yet?
Reply 8087
Original post by pai2502
um-hm! Btw, I'm an EL & L applicant for Worcester too!:biggrin:
And you live in Oxford! That's so cool.. Must be a really nice place, isn't it?

Woo! I guess I'll see you at interview! :smile: (if we get one.. but I'm sure we will.. hopefully ) Closer to the time we should exchange emails/numbers/whatever so we're not loners aha :biggrin:

It's such an amazing place, I never get bored :smile: although I didn't realise how much till I met someone at the Ox open day who asked me what punting was, I was like :K: ... no way. haha, maybe im a rah.. :frown:

so where else have you applied? x
Original post by _becca
... although I didn't realise how much till I met someone at the Ox open day who asked me what punting was, I was like :K: ... no way. haha, maybe im a rah.. :frown:

so where else have you applied? x

HAHAHA that was just hilarious :biggrin:
I go away for four days and you lot write more than 20 pages? :eek: I may have to give up reading every post! (Which all the normal people did a long time ago, I know.)

MAT in ten days!

Original post by jonny7bell
Its a college, in York, hence the name York college.

Ah yes. I was expecting a college, in Oxford, hence the confusion over why you wrote the name of your school.
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I go away for four days and you lot write more than 20 pages? :eek: I may have to give up reading every post! (Which all the normal people did a long time ago, I know.)
Where did you go? :biggrin:

The Cambridge guys have got 30 more pages than us, so we needed to do some catching up!
Original post by fluteflute
Where did you go? :biggrin:

The Cambridge guys have got 30 more pages than us, so we needed to do some catching up!

Us Oxford hopefuls have always been more about quality than quantity :wink:
Original post by Snapescape
Lady Margaret Hall :smile: what about you?

Balliol :smile: Haven't heard of your one!
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Balliol :smile: Haven't heard of your one!

Neither had I. It's a bit of a hidden gem :u:
St John's!! Have you heard from Brasenose yet?

Awesome, I never visited St John's on the open day :smile: Nope just had one from the university saying I will receive more info from Brasenose at the end of this month :eek:
Who's going for Queen's here?
Original post by anyone_can_fly

MAT in ten days!

OMG OMG OMG. And all the past papers are done! Dammit! Looks like I'll have to do the 2002 one...

Original post by punctuation
Yeah, I am. I'm just doing so for the sake of doing so, not particularly because I want to attend a Canadian uni though. :tongue:

Why? Just because you'd like a change?))

Original post by manic_fuzz

Hopefully loads! And yeah, it does, but i just feel all amazing and professional when logging into track :cool:

haha, never thought of that:biggrin::cool:
Reply 8097
Original post by pai2502
Huh...That was soo assuring!!:redface: I have been freaking out for weeks 'bout ELAT.. Thanks alot! And yeah, as someone has already asked, could you please tell something regrading the essay structuring??:smile:

Yay, I'm glad I could help :smile: I'm sorry to say this, but I have no idea how I structured my essay. Once you hand it in you never get to see it again, and while I do remember which texts I worked on I have no idea what my structure was like. To be honest I doubt I had a decent structure, as lots of ideas came to me while I was writing and working on a point :redface: I do remember not having an ending - I ran out of time and had my paper yanked from underneath my pen :tongue:

I'm really sorry I can't be more helpful - I'm not a native English speaker and this was about the first essay on literature I ever wrote in my life, so I had no idea of what a normal or good structure even was :dontknow:

Again, I can't emphasise enough that while the ELAT is important and I would advice everyone to take it seriously, it really isn't something you should be too worried about; you've probably been writing essays for years. This is just an aptitude test; if you want to study English this is something you're good at. Hell, I even made a few spelling mistakes and got a 50.
Reply 8098
HAHAHA that was just hilarious :biggrin:

it's a scary thought! :P so which college/what subject are you applying for? :smile: (sorry if you've said before, like people have said, 400+ pages is a lot to trawl through!) haha x
I'm going to Oxford on Wednesday! Thought I'd share :awesome:

What's everyone doing this half-term? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending