The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8260
Original post by punctuation
I KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE HALF TERM AND I HATE YOU FOR IT

Every british person I know on the internet keeps posting about their plans

:colonhash:

My plans involve..homework, reading biology stuff in preparation for possible interview (hopefully), more homework, painting my room (Im getting one wall with a massive wallpaper photograph of a forest - I LOVE TREES), hmm, what else...oh yeh...probably one day at my boyfriends if he stops being ill :P
And more work.
Im soo behind on chem.
:frown:
Original post by medbh4805
bear in mind in A2 year a large section of the, ahem, "break" is spent doing homework and studying :emo:

I understand, but I want a break to study as well... :| Every weekend I have to cram in homework because after school on weekdays I have lots of extracurricular to do ughhh
Reply 8262
Original post by medbh4805
bear in mind in A2 year a large section of the, ahem, "break" is spent doing homework and studying :emo:

Hehe, I love how we posted the same thing at the same time..although I listed my plans :P

I understand, but I want a break to study as well... :| Every weekend I have to cram in homework because after school on weekdays I have lots of extracurricular to do ughhh

Yeh, I always end up with so much piling up for half term, I dont know how you manage without one! Its when I catch up on all my work.
(edited 12 years ago)
Remember when I said I have psychology/philosophy books EVERYWHERE? Well I was bored so I decided to prove it. This is just one room, mind... there are more in my bedroom and the sitting room. :|

Spoiler

An actual riot? :eek:

:tongue: speaking of riots... are you affected by Occupy London at all?

that's not a riot :rofl:

Northern ireland ftw
An actual riot? :eek:

:tongue: speaking of riots... are you affected by Occupy London at all?

Well, in economic terms. As in funny/the best thing to ever hit the world. You kinda have to do economics to get it but :smile: I love him he's so funny <3

Aye, nein. Well other than the fact that those useless pieces of ahem **** appear on the news everyday when they are so irrelevant and it honestly is not news. If I ever end up working for the BBC things will be changing, that's probably the thing that annoys me the most. Stupid media/BBC/license fee wasted.

*rant over* - ish

A Level/GCSE/whatever results are NOT news
Gaddafi's dead body/face/death does NOT need to shown on the front page etc etc

and other things...

But yes, occupy London is such a fail... it's more like "occupy the square in front of st paul cathedral because the bankers wouldn't let us camp out in front of Bank". But that title isn't as catchy.

p.s. you're reading nausea and Nietzche! That is some hardcore stuff
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8266
Remember when I said I have psychology/philosophy books EVERYWHERE? Well I was bored so I decided to prove it. This is just one room, mind... there are more in my bedroom and the sitting room. :|

Spoiler

WOAH. :P
Makes my collection of biology books seem pathetic :P
Original post by Emgrace
My plans involve..homework, reading biology stuff in preparation for possible interview (hopefully), more homework, painting my room (Im getting one wall with a massive wallpaper photograph of a forest - I LOVE TREES), hmm, what else...oh yeh...probably one day at my boyfriends if he stops being ill :P
And more work.
Im soo behind on chem.

I have so much from German and Spanish that I don't even want to list it or I'll cry. And then grammar for the MLAT. Today I've been sorting out my wardrobe and Skyping. Tomorrow decorating the house for sister's birthday and THEN DOING SOME WORK OMGSDNFS and Tuesday, sister's birthday, Wednesday, going to Oxford, rest of the time getting work done, Friday and Saturday working, between that having driving lessons -.-

Crap, I should really have done something today.
Original post by Brand New Eyes
But yes, occupy London is such a fail... it's more like &quot;occupy the square in front of st paul cathedral because the bankers wouldn't let us camp out in front of Bank&quot;. But that title isn't as catchy.

:lol:

There's an Occupy Toronto going on... except it's also a fail because apparently Bay Street (Canadian equivalent of Wall Street) isn't big enough for protesters, so they're doing it in a random park that's annoying all the shopkeepers and...

*facepalm*
Original post by Emgrace
WOAH. :P
Makes my collection of biology books seem pathetic :P

Granted, three of those books are specifically for a philosophy final paper of mine... but ... never mind that :ninja:
Before I vanish completely, I'll just point out to those feeling bad because they don't have a half-terms (I presume it's some kind of break?).
All my friends had fall break this week, but mine was suspended - Instead, I did exams all week :biggrin: How nice!
Original post by Brand New Eyes
But... But ... But!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHCZcSRCOQ

and check out standupeconomist.com it's an actual riot.

That is hilarious by the way!
The "occupy Manchester" movement is taking place in the peace gardens... I did a bit of a double-take when I saw dozens of tents lined up next to the tramlines :tongue:
Reply 8273
Original post by Emgrace
And more work.
Im soo behind on chem.

random reply...

have you read Nick Lane's Ten Great Inventions of Evolution?? I picked it up last week. The title sounds naff but its really good - chapters on how life began by feasting on hydrogen sulphide at vents on the seafloor, on how prokaryotic cells gobbled up archaeobacteria, stealing its DNA to make the complex cell, also on the formation of the eye, origin of movement etc etc.

awesome book on biology - just thought I'd rave =L
Reply 8274
Original post by AnimalSpirit
Before I vanish completely, I'll just point out to those feeling bad because they don't have a half-terms (I presume it's some kind of break?).
All my friends had fall break this week, but mine was suspended - Instead, I did exams all week :biggrin: How nice!

Wow. That's so not cool. :O

Original post by such_a_lady
I have so much from German and Spanish that I don't even want to list it or I'll cry. And then grammar for the MLAT. Today I've been sorting out my wardrobe and Skyping. Tomorrow decorating the house for sister's birthday and THEN DOING SOME WORK OMGSDNFS and Tuesday, sister's birthday, Wednesday, going to Oxford, rest of the time getting work done, Friday and Saturday working, between that having driving lessons -.-

Crap, I should really have done something today.

If I list all my work I start panicing so much :P Hehe. Instead I made a to-do list that just said 'All homework', so it looks like less :P

I didn't do much today either :-/ Feel bad about it now :P

I need to sort out my wardrobe for my room too! :biggrin:
Original post by candide
x

oh, hello again! nice to see more stalkers of this thread :tongue:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
That is hilarious by the way!

He is a babe. MY faves are the 10 principles of econ and the one about politics <3 but he re-uses jokes so once you seem them once, you've seen them all. WE NEED NEW MATERIAL

Also! Oh yes, aren't you in the middle of your 1 week exam period? So you didn't decide to sleep yay :biggrin:

Original post by candide
random reply...

have you read Nick Lane's Ten Great Inventions of Evolution?? I picked it up last week. The title sounds naff but its really good - chapters on how life began by feasting on hydrogen sulphide at vents on the seafloor, on how prokaryotic cells gobbled up archaeobacteria, stealing its DNA to make the complex cell, also on the formation of the eye, origin of movement etc etc.

You're back! :O
I suggest everyone should (re)introduce themselves. I don't know the names of the newer people.

I'm Julie :hi:
Original post by candide
random reply...

dia duit a chara!

:ahee:
Reply 8279
Original post by candide
random reply...

Oooh, I think I saw that in the popular science section of Waterstones book shop!
It did sound interesting.
:smile:
I shall read it!

Once I've read his one called- 'Power Sex Suicide: Mitochondria and the meaning of life'. It looks really good!

Of course I need to finish Genome by Matt Ridley first.
*head desk*

Oh, introducing myself..I'm Emily :biggrin: From England!
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending