The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medbh4805
you have to appreciate that we've all been waiting for chiara/sven to happen since like july :colonhash:

April, more like.
Original post by such_a_lady
I might ask Jess :tongue:

Jess! Jessss!

Oh, I have to quote her in. Dammit.

Things to do in France? Visit the Louvre (I avoided the Mona Lisa and instead looked at 14th - 17th century Northern paintings, which was almost deserted), and sit in beautiful gardens reading L'Étranger and feeling sophisticated. Though I felt slightly less sophisticated because the person who'd had the book before me had covered in in Happy Birthday paper. :biggrin:

Original post by medbh4805
:awesome:

we should all just go to paris together tbh

TSR Field Trip! We should have a rejects' trip to Paris for the interview time. "Who cares that you got an interview and might be accepted to Oxford? WE'RE going to Paris!" :tongue:

NINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYSNINEDAYS
Original post by candide
This year I do more Maths, Physics and History, and Biology and Chemistry.

:eek: Is that four advanced highers and a higher? Are you trying to kill yourself?
Original post by pai2502
Umm, actually I'm a Non EU International. From India. So, chances are that either they'll come down to Delhi for the interview or they'll do it on the phone/skype etc.

it's the latter. if the tutors had the time to get a visa to fly to India, it means you would have the time to get a visa to fly to UK too, thus they'll ask you to go there. but there's no time. hence online interview or through phone.
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
I know Russian :P What's badass about it? :confused:

It was obvious the Quality motto was a farce:biggrin: I haven't even read all the new pages:smile: 18 more pages and victory!!:smile:))

Because Russian is just amazing! :biggrin: And oh must've been, i've skimmed through all the pages! It seems i missed out on lots of good languages and latin discussion :frown:

Original post by anyone_can_fly
Things to do in France? Visit the Louvre (I avoided the Mona Lisa and instead looked at 14th - 17th century Northern paintings, which was almost deserted), and sit in beautiful gardens reading L'Étranger and feeling sophisticated. Though I felt slightly less sophisticated because the person who'd had the book before me had covered in in Happy Birthday paper. :biggrin:

This sounds like a good idea! Also, gorging ourselves on crepes in a little chic Creperie is a must :tongue:
Reply 8404
Original post by pai2502
Umm, actually I'm a Non EU International. From India. So, chances are that either they'll come down to Delhi for the interview or they'll do it on the phone/skype etc.( assuming I survive the ELAT and the submission of the written work!:tongue:). But I'll definitely pray that we both do make it through!:biggrin:
Yeah, sure! Have you heard from Worcester yet? I haven't received the 'active consideration' email..:frown: oh..what is it anyways?:redface: something related to horse race( man, I'm so dumb!:colondollar:)? Coz i've heard punters or something.. ok, i know the assortment myt sound a bit odd.. Its KCL, Durham, Exeter and Loughborough.. Wbu?

Ooh, Oxford are finally getting with the times haha :P wow, what's it like over there? I've always wanted to go! Assuming you survive... we English students love our hyperboles :wink:

Ive only had the one from Oxford, it does say "We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Worcester College" so they've obviously got our applications :smile: should we have had something else?? *paranoidbecca...*

Punting is when you go on a boat thing on the river.. It's a long narrow boat with a long pole to push yourself along..

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=punting+oxford&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=921&tbm=isch&tbnid=g4HLXPX79c1J6M:&imgrefurl=http://www.cotswolds.info/places/oxford.shtml&docid=daW3i0LxtTI07M&imgurl=http://www.cotswolds.info/images/oxford/punting_magdalen_bridge_oxford.jpg&w=235&h=348&ei=LTulTq-SDMn3sgbU3JnMCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=646&vpy=160&dur=1637&hovh=273&hovw=184&tx=117&ty=204&sig=100871908578784894044&page=1&tbnh=163&tbnw=115&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

That's the best place to punt, by Magdalen/botanic gardens. there's even an outside cafe for all the magdalen students to laugh at us... :smile:

That's an eclectic mix haha! I'm going for Ox, Durham, York and Royal Holloway, if I get no offers I'll add Edinburgh :smile: let me know if you get any offers/how interviews go!! xx
I hope I get my RHUL offer today... Some of the other psych applicants received theirs last week :/

POST, guys, post! I hope you'll utilize your half term to fully crush the Cambridge thread! :wink:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Guess I'm just not very observant, I only looked at it properly just now.

:biggrin: haha what can I say, I'm a girl with many talents (Y) :wink:
I've decided to transfer this conversation to the 2012 Applicants thread, to help boost our postcount and beat Cambridge!

I can forgive you: it took me ages to realise what punctuation's avatar means! (despite me being a big fan of the show).

You clearly are :wink: I hope you made your PS rhyme...
Original post by fluteflute
I can't believe you managed to create an extra eight pages while I slept...

In other news: I'm now being FB stalked :tongue:

By whom?

Hm I'm going to pick up my self-teaching of French again to hopefully be at a good standard by the summer! :biggrin:

And if I go to Durham, St Andrew's or Edinburgh I will definitely pick up ab initio Russian. Everyone else I know picks up Italian...screw that :colonhash:

One of my friends is being taken to Paris by his best mates over Christmas as a birthday present :frown: Ever so jealous, my Christmas holidays will consist of me crying about rejections from Oxford.

I'll make sure to take some good pictures on Wednesday and put them here :biggrin:

Incidentally, birthday season in our house has begun :biggrin: There are birthdays in October, November, December and January...added together with Christmas, it gets expensive :biggrin: Plus my best friends have birthdays in February and March :lol: I wrote my sister three limericks in her birthday card :awesome:

Right, it really is time to start on my huge mountain of work. fmlllllll
By whom?
If you go to our FB group, then someone posted "Who is fluteflute?" :tongue:
Original post by fluteflute
If you go to our FB group, then someone posted "Who is fluteflute?" :tongue:

Maybe they deleted it :tongue:

Maybe they deleted it :tongue:

It's still there. You have to scroll down a little though.
Reply 8411
Original post by punctuation
I hope I get my RHUL offer today... Some of the other psych applicants received theirs last week :/

POST, guys, post! I hope you'll utilize your half term to fully crush the Cambridge thread! :wink:

Why not use your half term to ace the revision for your aptitude tests? :colone:
Original post by Groat
Why not use your half term to ace the revision for your aptitude tests? :colone:

Excited about Warwick? :tongue:
Dear those-who-are-taking-the-MAT, do you always solve all the problems? Because I usually leave parts of one question undone... :frown:
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
Dear those-who-are-taking-the-MAT, do you always solve all the problems? Because I usually leave parts of one question undone... :frown:

a few parts I couldn't figure out. have only been practising with 3 papers so far though. what score do you usually get in your practice papers?

do you have the 2006 paper's solution btw? I did the paper without realising it has no markscheme and now am craving for the answers to some questions. D:
Reply 8415
Original post by _becca

Ooh, Oxford are finally getting with the times haha :P wow, what's it like over there? I've always wanted to go! Assuming you survive... we English students love our hyperboles :wink:

Ive only had the one from Oxford, it does say "We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Worcester College" so they've obviously got our applications :smile: should we have had something else?? *paranoidbecca...*

don't worry, i have the same thing..so it seems worcester is taking time..

yeah i read on the worc website that they have a boating club on the banks of Thames!! How awesome is that! But i guess u won't find it as exciting since you stay there..

Original post by _becca
That's an eclectic mix haha! I'm going for Ox, Durham, York and Royal Holloway, if I get no offers I'll add Edinburgh :smile: let me know if you get any offers/how interviews go!! xx

it sure is...yeah i'll let u know..:smile:
Reply 8416
Original post by desy.kris
it's the latter. if the tutors had the time to get a visa to fly to India, it means you would have the time to get a visa to fly to UK too, thus they'll ask you to go there. but there's no time. hence online interview or through phone.

Duh....that's disheartening! I would rather prefer interviews in person..:frown: Somehow the idea of interviews on phone or net seems scary!
Or even better- NO INTERVIEW!:biggrin:

( I mean to say unconditional/conditional offer)
Original post by pai2502
Duh....that's disheartening! I would rather prefer interviews in person..:frown: Somehow the idea of interviews on phone or net seems scary!
Or even better- NO INTERVIEW!:biggrin:

( I mean to say unconditional/conditional offer)

to be honest, I feel the same. I prefer being interviewed in person. if only they had a representative who could interview me here... but we'll see. it's either the online interview or nothing!
Original post by anyone_can_fly
x

Btw have you been reading that Interview/MAT preparation thread on this site and thinking "lolololol what are these guys on about"? Cos for some of them that's exactly what I'm like :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dnumberwang

Original post by dnumberwang
Btw have you been reading that Interview/MAT preparation thread on this site and thinking "lololololo what are these guys on about"? Cos for some of them that's exactly what I'm like :colondollar:
Yes... I unsubscribed because I hadn't understood a single thing said (not that I tried that hard :tongue:)

Latest

Trending

Trending