Original post by medbh4805
I was thinking more about the young novices :colone:

Oh, you are just the worst kind of person! :wink:

*yet

edit: ffs rhys

Ha :colone:
but it's not a question of what she wants, it's about what's morally the right thing to do :colonhash:
though it would be an unpleasant enough experience - but, if God forbid, I ever found myself in a situation where I had an unwanted pregnancy I would like to think I would give some consideration to the views of the father - after all, the foetus is half his

then i discovered what I really wanted to be was a lesbian :colonhash:

:smug:

this isn't like even my conversation or anything haha but like, do you think that a man's view should influence a woman's decision in the case of abortion? Like if a woman wanted to abort and the man wanted her to keep it, she should have to continue with the pregnancy because that's what he wanted?

(sorry I just never get to discuss these things in real life, most people I know are like ABORTION IS KILLING BABBIES THE END)
Original post by candide

they were married for a thousand years. they only reason celibacy was brought in was to stop nepotism and priests handing down church property to their sons.

nowadays we have the legal framework to prevent that, so, yes, it makes little sense to ban them marrying.

what do you think of having female priests?

Totally against it. I support giving women a greater role in the Catholic church, but to allow female priests would mean a radical change in how the church views the eucharist and the Bride of Christ/Christ relationship, which isn't going to happen, so meh :colonhash:
Original post by pkhelfried

You're also going for E&M! :biggrin: when did you send off your application? What college you applying to?
I sent mine off 2 weeks ago and I'm really anxious now...next week the TSA - I think I'm pretty much ready to write it....and as far as I know it's only a 2-3 week wait from then on to see if we get an interview or not :smile:

Oh, I'm psychology & philosophy, but I have TSA too. (oh dear, TSA D:smile:

Sent mine the night before October 15th. :smile: Applying to St John's!

Which other unis are you applying to?
Original post by manic_fuzz
Oh, you are just the worst kind of person! :wink:

:colone:
Original post by Halogenoalkane

Reply 9128
Original post by Brand New Eyes
I thought you were PPE! Nope :smile: I'm PPE lol, I did think about E&M but I don't think I could stand management! Hopefully, I always get so confused and re-read things so it goes around in my head in a circle till I get dizzy :frown:

Mynah :frown: The one about the pyramid in 2009 that was the last question. Oh and the one about erm the depot literally made me go? I have no idea, so I just guessed (y)

I was torn between PPE and E&M for quite a while. I would say for the CT just go with your gut (cliched, I know), but it is true. In the majority of cases, if you change your mind for the argument/conclusion/assumption questions you will get it wrong. And that was tricky. Took me an age!
Reply 9129
Totally against it. I support giving women a greater role in the Catholic church, but to allow female priests would mean a radical change in how the church views the eucharist and the Bride of Christ/Christ relationship, which isn't going to happen, so meh :colonhash:

OOOH! :tongue:
Original post by Doojam
I was torn between PPE and E&M for quite a while. I would say for the CT just go with your gut (cliched, I know), but it is true. In the majority of cases, if you change your mind for the argument/conclusion/assumption questions you will get it wrong. And that was tricky. Took me an age!

Especially the if A then B type CT questions... there are always two that are very similar, but I've learned just to go with my first guess.

Some of the CT questions are so easy that sometimes I wonder if it's a trick, and it turns out not to be... :frown:
Original post by punctuation
Oh look more E&M people. Hi! :smile:

I request photos of everyone's respective colleges...

Univ:

Possible room:

Love the windowseats or whatever they are called.

JULIE, that embrace awkwardness pic is beyond cool:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by doloroushazy
this isn't like even my conversation or anything haha but like, do you think that a man's view should influence a woman's decision in the case of abortion? Like if a woman wanted to abort and the man wanted her to keep it, she should have to continue with the pregnancy because that's what he wanted?

(sorry I just never get to discuss these things in real life, most people I know are like ABORTION IS KILLING BABBIES THE END)

Yes, and although there is a lot of emotivism and so on surrounding the issue, ultimately I believe that abortion is murder.

that said, i know many people who have had abortions and many feel they have no choice, and I believe if we as a society were prepared to support young mothers instead of judging them and writing single mothers off as benefit scroungers and so on there would be far fewer abortions :colonhash:
Original post by candide
OOOH! :tongue:

i have quite a traditionalist streak

pity I don't practise what I preach :colonhash:
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
x

That room! It looks so cool!!! The windows are very pretty.

Hahaha, thank you :colondollar:
Original post by candide
It'd warmer than Scotland I suppose. :smile:

A bit) That why there is a 2/5 chance I'll go to Scotland for a refreshing breeze:smile:(IF we eliminate the 5 rejections chance...:s-smilie:)
The source of my rejection letter will be:

guys I'm sorry for my poor typing and if what I'm writing seems incoherent I haven't slept in 40 hours so tell me to shut up if you feel it's appropriate
Reply 9138
Original post by pkhelfried
Oh look more E&M people. Hi! :smile:

You're also going for E&M! :biggrin: when did you send off your application? What college you applying to?
I sent mine off 2 weeks ago and I'm really anxious now...next week the TSA - I think I'm pretty much ready to write it....and as far as I know it's only a 2-3 week wait from then on to see if we get an interview or not :smile:

Hey, I applied for E&M at Balliol on 11th October. I'm scared about how fast everything's moving, but excited too, haha. My emotions are scrambled.
guys I'm sorry for my poor typing and if what I'm writing seems incoherent I haven't slept in 40 hours so tell me to shut up if you feel it's appropriate

40 hrs?! Are you all right?! I find that my eyes start rolling into my head unconsciously if I don't sleep once per 30 hours.

Latest

Trending

Trending