The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Devil_in_disguise
x

fluteflute
x

desy.kris
x

Have you seen question 5 from the 2002 MAT? It's a right mind**** :eek2: :eek4: :eek3: :eek:

http://www.mathshelper.co.uk/Oxford%20Admissions%20Test%202002.pdf
Sorry I keep missing everything every evening now :lol: I was skyping with Sven and forgot about the thread :teehee: bit distracted aha

Yes Prometheus is awesome! I analysed Goethe's poem about him :awesome:

Argus IS AWESOME :biggrin: I saw Juno with a peacock in the Ashmolean and I told my friend about Argus :biggrin:

Yes T shirts are good :biggrin: Definitely! I might get mine to say "I :heart: economists" and then Sven's would have to say "linguists" :colone: But if we all have epithets, wouldn't mine be "German freak"? Medbh, you can be the thread nun :wink: Julie, thread fangirl? :lol:

Still no offers :colonhash:

I will tell those who asked about the day in Oxford SOON! :biggrin:
From A Scandal in Bohemia...

"It is the German who is so uncourteous to his verbs."

Immediately thought of Chiara :tongue: though 'her' not his. :rolleyes:
Original post by confused dot com
Hey, quick question. I know that Oxford takes into account the GCSE results at your school, but I wanted to ask if they looked at the A*-C percentage for the school, or what they average student got, i.e. x number of A*s, y number of As and so on? Thanks in advance :smile:
Nobody's replied to you because we don't know... :tongue:

Don't worry too much about the specific measure, just know you won't be disadvantaged because of the school you go/went to :biggrin:
Original post by medbh4805
fluteflute is on in half an hour!
Original post by Brand New Eyes
He now sends a welcoming brigade ahead of his arrival ? What is this? Tudor times? hehe

:party:

HERE COMES THE KING!

awww
Original post by punctuation
What?! :confused:

Are you stalking his whereabouts now?
Someone had to be deputy-stalker in my absence!

Original post by hannahwhelan
Will he be asking a question?
Everyone submits a couple of questions, they picked about 5/6 (based on what came up a lot). So although I didn't get to ask a question, the very first question was almost exactly what I asked. (The other question I submitted was a bit more random and didn't come up...)
Original post by dnumberwang
Have you seen question 5 from the 2002 MAT? It's a right mind**** :eek2: :eek4: :eek3: :eek:

Those sorts of questions come up lot in the CS parts of the 'new' MAT, so you don't have to do them! What are the pre-2007 papers like? I hadn't tried them, but the format looks pretty similar to the current ones, so might be worth a go!
Original post by dnumberwang

Yes, it is more difficult, but we should take into account that it was for much extended syllabus(EVEN 2006 was). The test is different now:rolleyes:

Edit: Where are the answers/solutions?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9707
Original post by fluteflute
Someone had to be deputy-stalker in my absence!

Everyone submits a couple of questions, they picked about 5/6 (based on what came up a lot). So although I didn't get to ask a question, the very first question was almost exactly what I asked. (The other question I submitted was a bit more random and didn't come up...)

Was that you at the end who said that there would be more applications to the best unis because people want their money's worth?

Original post by Lac.
Was that you at the end who said that there would be more applications to the best unis because people want their money's worth?
No it wasn't, I didn't actually speak... (although as I've said that on this thread, that's a good guess!)

Here I am...
Reply 9709
No it wasn't, I didn't actually speak... (although as I've said that on this thread, that's a good guess!)

Here I am...

Ahah that's who I thought you were at first, but then as you say that guy saying something similar to you made me doubt for a moment!

Whilst not up to your standard, my stalking skills are evidently not to be disregarded :wink:

Original post by Lac.
Ahah that's who I thought you were at first, but then as you say that guy saying something similar to you made me doubt for a moment!

Whilst not up to your standard, my stalking skills are evidently not to be disregarded :wink:
Gosh you did well to spot me, seeing as that was only on screen for a few seconds of the hour show! I'm impressed... (and slightly scared)
Reply 9711
Gosh you did well to spot me, seeing as that was only on screen for a few seconds of the hour show! I'm impressed... (and slightly scared)

Sky plus :ninja:

Also, I see you have been iplayering yourself? Checking your hair :rolleyes:
Original post by Lac.
Sky plus :ninja:

Also, I see you have been iplayering yourself? Checking your hair :rolleyes:
Well I didn't actually watch it last night... so iPlayer this morning was the next best thing :biggrin:

My friend on the same row as me (the guy, not the girl) wasn't too pleased with his hair actually :tongue:
Reply 9713
Well I didn't actually watch it last night... so iPlayer this morning was the next best thing :biggrin:

My friend on the same row as me (the guy, not the girl) wasn't too pleased with his hair actually :tongue:

:biggrin:

I thought he was rather good looking, actually.
(although apart from you two, there did seem to be some slightly strange looking people on there...)
Reply 9714
^
...the hell?!
That's what you get for not checking the thread for a while, I guess .D
(and I though I was a near-pro stalker oO)

Original post by Lac.
:biggrin:

I thought he was rather good looking, actually.
(although apart from you two, there did seem to be some slightly strange looking people on there...)
You only think that about us because we didn't speak :wink: You certainly won't think we're normal after watching this or if you have eight minutes to waste, this.
Reply 9716
You only think that about us because we didn't speak :wink: You certainly won't think we're normal after watching this or if you have eight minutes to waste, this.

Well, certainly he is less attractive when trying to blow up an inflatable chair. Perhaps he should just sit still more? (:colone:)
Why was he doing that, out of interest?

Original post by Lac.
Well, certainly he is less attractive when trying to blow up an inflatable chair. Perhaps he should just sit still more? (:colone:)
Why was he doing that, out of interest?
Well... we were going to record a "tv series" that consisted of him sitting on a chair talking about things. And rather than bringing an armchair into school, I brought in that inflatable one... (we did actually record one episode of this "show", but it never made it onto the internet)

If you fancy stalking him some more, this is good fun (though a little long). I could actually give you about a dozen more links (he wants to go into acting, and my other friend wants to go into film making...)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9718
Well... we were going to record a "tv series" that consisted of him sitting on a chair talking about things. And rather than bringing an armchair into school, I brought in that inflatable one... (we did actually record one episode of this "show", but it never made it onto the internet)

If you fancy stalking him some more, this is good fun (though a little long). I could actually give you about a dozen more links (he wants to go into acting, and my other friend wants to go into film making...)

Right... Although 'Josh is the Doctor' ? :lolwut: :rofl:
I think I've had my fill now, better go and practice. You make procrastination so easy!

Here I am...

Awww! someone looks angry! :smile:

In other news, I finally got my Merton confirmation. I did :lol:

"Please ensure that you check your Junk/Spam email box to ensure that any messages sent from me are not lurking there! "

They do seem to catch on to this whole lurking lark

Latest

Trending

Trending