The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Planar
Do your research a little better next time

I did look on their website + wikipedia and it's not like it's advertised in big writing that they don't accept female students. I eventually found it in some obscure admissions page later on and in the prospectus, thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
You're not an applicant! :eek:

I really should start reading sigs :lol: but Ofcourse! the more the merrier! You're in your last year!

Edit: I now see you're applying for a second BA so you are an applicant!? :smile:
Edit 2: and I wouldn't call you old! Just older :wink:

Thank you, thank you, rah rah! I am indeed an applicant... and a very nervous one at that!

Original post by manic_fuzz
A 21yo who speaks French and German? Absolutely :sexface:

:lol:

Oh hello :wink: x

Edit: Just read your profile, Rhys. Marry me plz?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JMusson
Ah well searching for perfect numbers is actually a part time hobby of mine.. all you need is a pen, paper, Larry Page's algorithm and an interconnecting web of information.

Is it? Is it really though? I sense a hint of sarcasm there?
I did look on their website + wikipedia and it's not like it's advertised in big writing that they don't accept female students. I eventually found it in some obscure admissions page later on and in the prospectus, thank you very much :smile:

I'm only teasing you, I didn't know either :smile:
Original post by Greatleysteg
Oh hello :wink: x

Edit: Just read your profile, Rhys. Marry me plz?

:mmm: I'm currently busy stalking yours,

But hey, sure, let's do it! :sexface:
Original post by Planar
I'm only teasing you, I didn't know either :smile:

:007::groovy: haha okay :wink:

Is it? Is it really though? I sense a hint of sarcasm there?

Nono, it is. pen and paper are just for show. Larry Page's algorithm is what google works off and the interconnecting web of information.. interconnecting net of information might have made it slightly more obvious but thats all the internet is ;D

I was tempted to just tell you to google Larry Page but yea.. decided to be nice :P
Reply 10047
Original post by sumergocogito

Original post by sumergocogito
Do all Oxford applicants receive an email about the Permanent Private Halls, or are they cluing me in about my admissions status at the colleges?

Did anyone get this email too? Has anyone gotten this email in the past, and has still gotten accepted?

Here's more information about this college-like arrangement: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/colleges/pphs.html

hey i got it too- this morning! should i be worried? i don't want to go to a private hall....and when you say cluing you in on your admissions status, would that be an acceptance or rejection?
this email got me worried in the morning haha
:mmm: I'm currently busy stalking yours,

But hey, sure, let's do it! :sexface:

Haha! I just re-immersed myself in TSR culture. It's a shock but I'm taking to it. I forgot I even had a profile. Might want to get over there and have a look... y'know, anything embarrassing.

*shuffle* :ninja:
Original post by JMusson
Nono, it is. pen and paper are just for show. Larry Page's algorithm is what google works off and the interconnecting web of information.. interconnecting net of information might have made it slightly more obvious but thats all the internet is ;D

I was tempted to just tell you to google Larry Page but yea.. decided to be nice :P

:lol: I know who he is! I'm abit too into tech news and he came up in the news a few months back when they announced the new CEO of google.

It was in reference to the "hobby" bit I was questioning, but yes, google is the portal of all most knowledge. But there must be more than 43 perfect numbers... right?
So, been doing some stalking of last year's thread:
First notification of interview was on 15 November. First for maths was 18 November.

If it were the same this year, someone would/might find out in 18 days! Or, in 27 mins, 17 days! :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:
Haha! I just re-immersed myself in TSR culture. It's a shock but I'm taking to it. I forgot I even had a profile. Might want to get over there and have a look... y'know, anything embarrassing.

I realised, from your posts you seem to have had over a 2 year break from TSR :eek: how did you survive?!

And oh, don't worry, i didn't find anything embarrassing, disappointingly :tongue:

I realised, from your posts you seem to have had over a 2 year break from TSR :eek: how did you survive?!

And oh, don't worry, i didn't find anything embarrassing, disappointingly :tongue:

You were captain of Hilda's UC!? :wink:

It's what Oxford does to you. I mean, it's not Real Life (tm) but it's a bubble of its own. Huge scale natural disaster take forever to filter through to here but you're always fully aware of a Keble kerfuffle or Trinity tits-up... and this is coming from someone who works in student press!

I had all the best intentions of staying on TSR (and I did for some of my first year - even hosted a couple of meets in Ox - cut to eight people staying in my tiny room in Hilda's) but was just dragged away from my PS Helper responsibilities...

Meets are great. People always end up pulling :colone:
You were captain of Hilda's UC!? :wink:

Yes - how did you know? Did I mention it somewhere? :s-smilie:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
So, been doing some stalking of last year's thread:
First notification of interview was on 15 November. First for maths was 18 November.

If it were the same this year, someone would/might find out in 18 days! Or, in 27 mins, 17 days! :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

This is useful stalkage. Cookies for you. x

It's what Oxford does to you. I mean, it's not Real Life (tm) but it's a bubble of its own. Huge scale natural disaster take forever to filter through to here but you're always fully aware of a Keble kerfuffle or Trinity tits-up... and this is coming from someone who works in student press!

I had all the best intentions of staying on TSR (and I did for some of my first year - even hosted a couple of meets in Ox - cut to eight people staying in my tiny room in Hilda's) but was just dragged away from my PS Helper responsibilities...

As if Trinity ever had a tits-up! Its a model of perfect society

I lold

Yes - how did you know? Did I mention it somewhere? :s-smilie:

:lol: yes sorry, I did some stalking too :tongue: It's in your post from like 2009. Don't look at me like that! Was it fun? :biggrin:?
Original post by JMusson
As if Trinity ever had a tits-up! Its a model of perfect society

Will we see a bar thread fight ensure... :rolleyes:
Original post by jkkim
hey i got it too- this morning! should i be worried? i don't want to go to a private hall....and when you say cluing you in on your admissions status, would that be an acceptance or rejection?
this email got me worried in the morning haha

No, don't worry about it, everyone gets it. It's just to ask whether, if your application was passed to another college/PPH before interview, or if you had a second interview at another college/PPH, you would be happy to be passed to a permanent private hall and if so which one. It says nothing about likelihood of getting an interview or of having your application moved from your first choice.

PPHs are in many ways similar to colleges, they have their own identity etc but they tend to be smaller and offer a more restricted range of degrees. Regent's Park College, in particular, is a PPH but it's just like a (small) college really, and very pretty :smile:

But if you definitely don't want to go to any of the PPHs just fill in the questionnaire to say so.

Latest

Trending

Trending