The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
Original post by Brand New Eyes
I LOVE BICS haha sorry to say, but i love fountain pens too, and no its not an oxymoron! :biggrin: Bics are cheap and brillz I use them for al my notes that I don't worthy... i.e. all of them. Although I do use fountain for titles... I'm so systematic see :biggrin: Gosh, I think I had an unhealthy liking for stationary/order

Good good :yes: so just when you're yknow... signing the deeds to your house and such lark

I knows! I always talkies like this when I feel sad. Just like in Pon and Zi :heart: theyre so cute :five:

I knows! that's why I'm boycotting Parker for the rest of eternity! HOW DARE THEY rip me off! ><

Respect = gone.

And if I only use it for signing deeds, it's not going to come out for years and years, haha.

I have no idea who Pon and Zi are :colondollar:

It's revenge pricing - getting you back for buying those damn bics.
Original post by punctuation
what is with all this colour?!
It helps BNE understand her life.

Plus you can write things you don't want people to read in yellow
Original post by fluteflute
It helps BNE understand her life.

Plus you can write things you don't want people to read in yellow

did you get an email from st john's regarding interview availability?

it was meant for only non-EU/EEA applicants though. I was very excited when I saw the email.
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
That's right, I almost forgot you were the chief stalker:biggrin: assuming they interview 75% of applicants for your course and the percentage hasn't changed from last year for mine, there is a 56.925% probability you will))
Assuming we actually see each other during the interview period... (seeing as we're not at the same college :frown:, although Univ would have been my 2nd choice if I could have one)
Reply 2404
Original post by such_a_lady
keine ahnung sorry xD

how do you know all the answers are right :colone:

(of course you do, you're amazing :emo:)

Oh, I don't know at all, it's probably all completely wrong, but I feel it is too late in the day to worry about such eventualities :tongue: I still have no idea what they mark on - there are so many different equally valid translation possibilities: what are they actually looking for?! Do they want literal translations or do they want us to use our initiative? You see, I don't bother thinking about grammar, I just obsess about the examiner's mental state :tongue:

I have also got a weird bee in my bonnet about irregular Konjunktiv forms... like, did you know that the Konjunktiv II of schwimmen is technically SCHWÖMME? With an Ö?! Ich schwömme deutlich lieber, wenn das verdammte Verb regelmäßig wäre. :colonhash:
Original post by Doojam
I'm glad I've finally found people who are pro-fountain pen :biggrin:

This is my favourite fountain pen (even though I rarely use it) simply because it was my great-grandmother's. This is an heirloom. People will not be handing down their bics through the generations!

Ahh it's lovely! :lovedup:

Writing that's come out of a fountain pen is just that much more panacheful... :biggrin:
did you get an email from st john's regarding interview availability?

it was meant for only non-EU/EEA applicants though. I was very excited when I saw the email.
No I didn't... I assume you told them you can come?! :biggrin:
Assuming we actually see each other during the interview period... (seeing as we're not at the same college :frown:, although Univ would have been my 2nd choice if I could have one)

Oh, so you're not coming to our Sherlock Society meetings?!:s-smilie:

CS shortlist rate is 75%?
Reply 2409
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
Ahh it's lovely! :lovedup:

Writing that's come out of a fountain pen is just that much more panacheful... :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:

I totally agree. Writing in biro cannot possibly rival fountain pens. They automatically make your handwriting more pretty :love:
No I didn't... I assume you told them you can come?! :biggrin:

Obviously :rolleyes:

HE WILL! I'll drag him there if I meet him during interviews. :angry:

if only BNE was there at the same time~ thread couple MKII? :wink:
CS shortlist rate is 75%?
Actually it was only 53% two years ago :eek:

I didn't realise you were having them during interviews!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Only 53% last year actually :eek:

I didn't realise you were having them during interviews!!

Oh! Wait, then what is Naré saying about 75%?

AND OF COURSE! Did you not read our hypothetical plans to meet up? :biggrin:
if only BNE was there at the same time~ thread couple MKII? :wink:
I'm sure she'll find someone during her week...

It's Maths and CS. I looked up Computer Science and Philosophy in the undergraduate courses page and there wasn't mentioned anything about the percentage so I assumed it's 75%.:s-smilie:
That's right, I almost forgot you were the chief stalker:biggrin: assuming they interview 75% of applicants for your course and the percentage hasn't changed from last year for mine, there is a 56.925% probability you will))

For 2010: 0.73*0.53 = only 38.7% chance :mad:

She was guestimating, seeing as her course is near 75% :smile:
It's Maths and CS. I looked up Computer Science and Philosophy in the undergraduate courses page and there wasn't mentioned anything about the percentage so I assumed it's 75%.:s-smilie:
Ah. That's because it's new for 2012!
Ah. That's because it's new for 2012!

So we don't even know what percent is getting shortlisted?:confused:

Yeah, we have even decided the place where the ghosts of C.S. Lewis and Tolkien will keep our company. Maybe uncover a crime or two, what do you say?:wink:
So we don't even know what percent is getting shortlisted?:confused:
We don't. We don't even know how many applicants they've had. I could be the only one! (Actually I know of two others, so that's unlikely :tongue:)

Latest

Trending

Trending