The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by Niki_girl
Sorry to question you, but we only have to send one essay in, right?

Oh and do you think it's ok to send in a piece of work that mentions interpretations (passages by historians) because I really want to send this essay off, but I don't know if it counts as a "source-based commentary" which apparently isn't allowed :frown:

My school really aren't helping when it comes to written work :s-smilie: my teacher wants to send it off on the 9th of November to be in Oxford by the 10th!

Im applying to History and Economics so I get to send in 2 :biggrin:
This interpretations ting of yours, is it for coursework, or even better OCR coursework? Generally if the question includes the word 'sources' then its best not to send it. I'm sending Wadham my investigations coursework about Stolypin hopefully before the 9th, I stapled my essay which apparently isn't allowed :rolleyes:
Original post by Doojam
So do I. English has so many amazing words.

Bless :tongue:

Like... GLOBULES! Definitely my favourite English word :tongue:

Heheh :colondollar:
Reply 3222
Some of my friend's January exams happen over a two week period. Mine happen in three consecutive school days :argh:
Essay done - was 2006 words, but it's since been cut down to 2000. :colone: Glad that's done...
Original post by manic_fuzz

globular proteins...

biology... :frown:
Reply 3225

There are many great words that are going out of fashion. Why don't we say chipper more? That is such an upbeat word!
Original post by Doojam
I would love to have a question on game theory. I feel very comfortable talking about experimental and behavioural economics. Those areas are probably my favourite :love:

Cutie :tongue: You will be a lifesaver to them.

Yes! :jumphug: The majority of people seem to vote for s-con :naughty:

Oh really? I don't really know much about it part from prisoner's dilemma on a wider scale... I mean, that is basically all it is right? different strategies with varying players, payoffs etc

Oh gosh, I hate rationality, it's somewhat interesting but I'm more or a hardcore macro kinda gal :heart: hehe Look at us! Although I'm so mainstream Ariely's book was quite fun to read. He is a babe.

:blush: naww thanks. Or yknow... If i decide to re-apply I'll really help them (;
Reply 3227
Original post by punctuation
apparently I say "asc-ept" (as in 'ascertain')... while most people (apparently!) say acksept.

mine are 12-14... though really 10-14 :wink:

ohh I see. See I always think, the English language is so variable, if someone says something like that people shouldn't always be like OMGYOUGOTITWRONG..
Original post by _becca
ohh I see. See I always think, the English language is so variable, if someone says something like that people shouldn't always be like OMGYOUGOTITWRONG..

yes, I agree. people haven't really noticed that particular example I put, but I was just informed lightheartedly by my friend :tongue:
globular proteins...

biology... :frown:

:biggrin: Everyone loves biology and all those immunoglobulins!

Original post by Doojam
There are many great words that are going out of fashion. Why don't we say chipper more? That is such an upbeat word!

Chipper just makes me think of chipmunks! :lol:

There are loads of amazing French words out there :sexface:
Original post by Denzer
Im applying to History and Economics so I get to send in 2 :biggrin:
This interpretations ting of yours, is it for coursework, or even better OCR coursework? Generally if the question includes the word 'sources' then its best not to send it. I'm sending Wadham my investigations coursework about Stolypin hopefully before the 9th, I stapled my essay which apparently isn't allowed :rolleyes:

:yep: how did you guess, it is OCR coursework (well, what will become my coursework) but my teacher seems to think it's ok to send it? :confused:

The question includes the word "interpretations"? :colondollar:

paha, bet I end up sending them something they reject instantly for one reason or another and don't even get to read...:rolleyes:
:biggrin: Everyone loves biology and all those immunoglobulins!

:emo:
:emo:

Well, you may not love them... but they all love you! :love:

:biggrin:
Original post by fluteflute
Added you :biggrin:

Thank youu!!
Reply 3234
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Oh really? I don't really know much about it part from prisoner's dilemma on a wider scale... I mean, that is basically all it is right? different strategies with varying players, payoffs etc

Oh gosh, I hate rationality, it's somewhat interesting but I'm more or a hardcore macro kinda gal :heart: hehe Look at us! Although I'm so mainstream Ariely's book was quite fun to read. He is a babe.

:blush: naww thanks. Or yknow... If i decide to re-apply I'll really help them (;

I've read about quite a few different games, even ones with animal participants, haha. I just find it really interesting to examine people's incentives. You can apply so much economic theory to everyday situations and suddenly the whole word makes a little more sense :h:

We've recently started unit 4 (so macro, obviously). I can't decide whether I'm a massive fan of it from the little we've done so far.

Crushing on professors, ey? You're a true student :wink:

Tut, not so selfless after all!
Well, you may not love them... but they all love you! :love:

:biggrin:

My biology teacher is notoriously difficult... a good teacher, but really, really, really difficult. I'm in the equivalent of the IB 'higher level' biology course at my school, and her tests' results usually have an average score of <50% :facepalm:
Reply 3236
Chipper just makes me think of chipmunks! :lol:

There are loads of amazing French words out there :sexface:

Chipmunks? Really? :tongue:

Ew, French!
Reply 3237
yes, I agree. people haven't really noticed that particular example I put, but I was just informed lightheartedly by my friend :tongue:

Ah I see :biggrin: I grew up with an Austrian mother whose grasp on punctuation/ the subtleties of the English language isn't great, so I still say some words 'wrong' but does it matter if people can understand me?? haha. the other day my mum literally said 'I freeze the sausages last night.' I was like.. :K:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
This argument probably does not belong to the Oxford applicants thread.. Determining both Smith's significance and applicability today could use up thousands of pages - I'm definitely not gonna go into that one :smile:..

And about the &quot;put your avatar as your idol&quot;-thing, it is a matter of taste.. It seems like a pretty insignificant thing to be &quot;against&quot;.. If people like a puppy or a stupid animation as their avatar, I don't care :biggrin:.. Plus, I'm not against things just because they are done by many.. IMHO that makes one even less individualistic :wink:

Side note: I thought the Smith picture looked cool - that had a say also :wink:

WELL!

:huff: Giving up before it's even begun. I'll hunt you down one day, so watch out :tongue: I mean... you're even AT university, and you do economics (or was it business?)

I'd much rather have him

At least he's always perpetually happy (he always grins in photos) or in the ":albertein: Eureka! Brilliant Idea, must think hard" mood.

Hmm maaaybe, it only looks good when it's on a £20 note :ahee:
Original post by _becca
Ah I see :biggrin: I grew up with an Austrian mother whose grasp on punctuation/ the subtleties of the English language isn't great, so I still say some words 'wrong' but does it matter if people can understand me?? haha. the other day my mum literally said 'I freeze the sausages last night.' I was like.. :K:

punctuation, you say? :mmm:

(get it? because my username? ahahahahahaaaaaa I'm sooo clever)

Latest

Trending

Trending