The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aleph-null green bottles, hanging on the wall
Aleph-null green bottles, hanging on the wall
And if one green bottle, should accidentally fall
There'll be aleph-null green bottles, hanging on the wall.

:flute:
Original post by dnumberwang
"Oxbridge Applications" are bloody relentless. They called me this afternoon while I was sat waiting for my Manchester interview, I said I was busy and hung up
Then I got this email

bloody hell, this a thousand times

I get so many emails/phone calls from them, which is nice but...they ring me at odd times like on weekdays at 11am...when I'm ALWAYS at school...why...
Original post by punctuation
Of course not, we keep beavers instead. :colonhash:

It's nice to know that you're living up to demographic stereotypes :yep:
Original post by banterbury_tales

I get so many emails/phone calls from them, which is nice but...they ring me at odd times like on weekdays at 11am...when I'm ALWAYS at school...why...

HOW DARE THEY :angry:

But why...? How do they have your number?

Original post by manic_fuzz
It's nice to know that you're living up to demographic stereotypes :yep:

Of course! :wink:
Reply 5184
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Haha well, I'm just not cut out to be Ravenclaw. Go slytherin!
I knows right! Merton is also just a general win too, because the colours are purple hmm, but I've probably already said that too many times.

You computer folk with your techspeak! I saw it somewhere on the glossary but Ich bin too lazy to find out. Sadpandas! aww I love ^^ but :h: is somewhat similar... no?

Ahwwz! as opposed to just holiday-ing and stuff, too mainstream for you? :woo: get you. Here's a star: although technically stars

Ahem, don't knock my colour choice! (: medium turquoise is awesome, you gots to admit.

Awwies. Maybe someone borrowed yours too...as long as they give it back within your lifetime tis not technically stealing now is it? You iron your shirts!? Amateur, get an elephant to press roll it or something. Or you could join the dark side and live here in the land of creases. Haha oh my, Croquet actually exists there? How very 18th century-France-posh-rich-college of you, but ah! that is pretty epic. Don't think Merton even has a lawn... Erm I'm not quite sure, maybe tis another reason. I hope it's not true, must be such an effort to totter home hammered in the dark.

How unnatural, guitar's are perfect without all that paint. True beauty that.

But... but... children. cute. little. life. nooooo! means. sad how I gots to agree with this. I did the Newton Raphson method thing in FM today, wasn't even that exciting but o_O such fun.

Ha... oh most definitely was. Did not think that one through. Sony 1 - 0 Cam. yeah she is dedicated like that, although she said it was more a change of direction that she wanted. Aww yay for her! Things usually work themselves out. I'm not dedicated enough to do that sadtimes. Ah family legacy :king1:

p.s. sorry about the white <3 think it's the only colour that hasn't been used D:

They sures are, wish it was the same everywhere else.
So do you! >< :rolleyes:
Maaybe. Ok yes it did make my day that tiny bit better

Haha all the hipsters want to be in Slytherin :tongue:
Well Merton just got cooler that's for sure. Purple is win.

Techspeak? Wolfram? You don't use Wolfram?? E gad. It's done so much of my work this term. wolframalpha.com. It was written by a guy who went to uni to do maths, decided the first year lectures were too simple, started going to the 3rd year lectures, decided they were too simple so dropped out and made one of the best tools on the web.

Aaaah too many smilies. ahaha there's even :badger: from weeblestuff.com :biggrin:

Well no, it was always the best part of physics, I love space, it's so awesome.

Erm well.. yea it is, stealing is "possession with intent to deprive" so yea.. it is. Well no.. I don't iron my shirts.. but this may become a problem as I run out of shirts.. or I could just bring more shirts next term :hmmm:
Oh every college has croquet I think.. its pretty much the only sport allowed in college. Except lawn bowls at Trinity! Cuz we is wikid lyk that. Merton doesn't have a lawn? How can you be thinking of applying? It just lost all it's cool "we're purple" points.

Like a spoon. Spoons are perfect and have no paint (most spoons..)

Mwuahaha. But think how many more people will benefit if I come up with something useful. Think of the greater good! Newton Raphson.. mhmm.. best of a bad bunch. Imean.. linear bisection? That was quite offensive to my intelligence in year 12. You'll come across cooler things. Well.. a few cooler things.. you don't get to do the really good stuff unless you do maths at uni. Don't worry, if you get in you can change subjects :wink:

No, uni will be awesome whereever you go.

p.s. You should be! I didn't see it for a while. And I've gone to two colours because we've about run out

I live only to please..

:wink2:
I guess we were wrong about Greg and BNE... turns out Greg has competition :tongue:
Original post by JMusson
Techspeak? Wolfram? You don't use Wolfram?? E gad. It's done so much of my work this term. wolframalpha.com. It was written by a guy who went to uni to do maths, decided the first year lectures were too simple, started going to the 3rd year lectures, decided they were too simple so dropped out and made one of the best tools on the web.
There was a thirty year gap between Wolfram dropping out of Oxford, and him launching Wolfram Alpha :tongue:
I guess we were wrong about Greg and BNE... turns out Greg has competition :tongue:

We've known that for ages:smile:)
Reply 5188

x

Original post by medbh4805
x

x

surely the easiest way to show it is to realign them to:

(2-1) + (4-2) + (8-4) ...
= 1+2+4+8.... = inf
Reply 5189
Original post by fluteflute

There was a thirty year gap between Wolfram dropping out of Oxford, and him launching Wolfram Alpha :tongue:

pssh. he dropped out and then he made wolfram alpha, it was accurate :wink:
Reply 5190
Original post by LtCommanderData

Original post by LtCommanderData
The funnest maths usually has to do with infinity(/ies)

Nooooo particles in bowls (parabaloids if you prefer) is way fun :biggrin:
Original post by JMusson
surely the easiest way to show it is to realign them to:

(2-1) + (4-2) + (8-4) ...
= 1+2+4+8.... = inf

I suppose (I did suggest that during the interview actually). But I like "YOU'RE NOT ****ING ALLOWED" :h:
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
We've known that for ages:smile:)

They need to have a chat-threesome :sexface:
I suppose (I did suggest that during the interview actually). But I like "YOU'RE NOT ****ING ALLOWED" :h:

No one shall expel us from the paradise Cantor has created:smile:
Have you not seen JMusson's declaration's of love for me?
Original post by banterbury_tales

Ah this is my first one. I'm too lazy to go change it :h: and i don't know how to :ninja:

treesomes are lame, that's like compromise. Jungle rules, winner has it all:biggrin:
Have you not seen JMusson's declaration's of love for me?

Exactly, threesome. Grainne can join too actually so make that a foursome
I FOUND ANOTHER PSYCHOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY APPLICANT

:party:
Reply 5199

I suppose (I did suggest that during the interview actually). But I like &quot;YOU'RE NOT ****ING ALLOWED&quot; :h:

I'm not sure that's the technical term...

Your Username just made me youtube numberwang :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending