The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Parents did it.
The way I see it is that there are hundreds and hundreds of unsolved Missing Persons cases, many of them from the late 70s/80s that appear to have been completely ignored, purely because of the massive media campaign that was put forward for Maddie.

As for whether or not she herself is dead (and any potential motives) I neither have any opinions nor any particular interest in knowing. :dontknow:
I haven't got a clue, but it seems the media likes to bring it up every few years when they don't have much else to report on.
Reply 4
Original post by Steevee
Parents did it.

So you think her parents killed her, accidently or intentionally?, then buried her body? But if it was accidently (i.e. unplanned) then surely they'd have left some obvious clues.
I really don't know. Because they're are some really sick people out there, you just don't know what's reality and what's a lie and what's happening anymore. I feel like she's still alive somewhere, probably someones slave or something. I have no clue, I doubt she's dead.
Reply 6
she'll turn up in about 15 years.
I reckon she's dead.
Original post by peachpassion
I really don't know. Because they're are some really sick people out there, you just don't know what's reality and what's a lie and what's happening anymore. I feel like she's still alive somewhere, probably someones slave or something. I have no clue, I doubt she's dead.

Chances are she is dead.
Reply 9
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
I reckon she's dead.

Based on what factors?

Also, is your username a reference to rush hour by any chance?
Original post by poolopis01
Chances are she is dead.

Er no. You haven't found her body, so chances are 50/50.
I wouldn't be surprised if she was killed because of the media coverage, whatever the original motive (assuming she was abducted not killed in the first place). Sadly, who (out of the world's abductors, not normal people) would go to the trouble of finding contact lenses etc. to disguise her when there are plenty more children out there?
Er no. You haven't found her body, so chances are 50/50.

I've never found any bodies. Turns out everyone who ever lived is alive.
Reply 13
I think someone else (not her parents) nabbed her for ransom, then when there was such a media hype, went "Oh ****, better get rid of her" and now she's dead :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by marcusmerehay
The way I see it is that there are hundreds and hundreds of unsolved Missing Persons cases, many of them from the late 70s/80s that appear to have been completely ignored, purely because of the massive media campaign that was put forward for Maddie.

As for whether or not she herself is dead (and any potential motives) I neither have any opinions nor any particular interest in knowing. :dontknow:

You think cases from the 70s had less exposure because of Madeleine McCann?

If anything, I think the case actually gave most cases more exposure. I had never heard of any missing person cases before her, but now every time it comes up you get a hundred people whining about all the other cases that are being ignored as a result, which ironically means they're getting more attention than they would otherwise.

Psh. Hipsters.
Original post by poolopis01
I've never found any bodies. Turns out everyone who ever lived is alive.

Go to sleep.
ah the old Madeleine McCann thread.

Haven't heard about it on the news for a while, I suppose when her parents start running out of cash we'll get another appeal and sponsorship.

Anyway...I'm torn between them being involved and someone snatching the girl. I can't remember did they leave the door to the apartment open, or just unlocked? I suppose Madeleine could have opened the door and wandered off, then got abducted, not necessarily them coming into the apartment and taking her.

If she's been raped and killed I doubt the body will be found for along time. Even then who's to know it's her. If she's been stolen for an illegal adoption, she'd probably be trapped in the home like other girls kidnapped. So we may discover her 15 years later or more when she finally can give them the slip.

For her sake I hope she's dead, not some sex slave in a freaks basement.

If her parents accidentally overdosed her on something to make her sleep so they could go out drinking..they'd have found her by now if the parents screwed up. I remember they talked about Maddys hair or DNA in the boot of the car? But then she could have reached in for something and left that deposit.
Go to sleep.

Its 8:30 PM.

PS Shes prob. dead.
Original post by Bobifier
You think cases from the 70s had less exposure because of Madeleine McCann?

If anything, I think the case actually gave most cases more exposure. I had never heard of any missing person cases before her, but now every time it comes up you get a hundred people whining about all the other cases that are being ignored as a result, which ironically means they're getting more attention than they would otherwise.

Psh. Hipsters.

I think you've misunderstood my point.

I don't have any real feeling about any missing persons case, as heartbreaking as it is for the families involved.

The Maddie case was highly publicised because her parents actively sought a mass-media campaign which, while I respect it, was drawn out for far too long.

The sum total I ever hear about 'cold case' missing persons cases is usually 'person X jailed over person Y murder' - so I disagree with your 'more exposure' point. They may have had some exposure at the time, but you hear very little now - but then I guess it isn't really current affairs and they're no longer 'innocent vulnerable children'.
Original post by james1211
Based on what factors?

Also, is your username a reference to rush hour by any chance?

So long with no real leads.

Way too dangerous to keep her alive now, seeing as there has been so much publicity surrounding her.

Yep, it is a Rush Hour reference :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending