The Student Room Group

Are people over-reacting to the tram lady?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by RyanT
Most the people over-reacting are immigrants.

Who cares what they think. They have no place trying to influence debates on the English nation when they're not English themselves.

As for youtube comments, it's somewhere to go when you're feeling machosadistic.

At the time of my writing this Ryan's post has 3+ and 17- ratings. TSR is obviously a place where immigrant groups succeed in influencing the debate about whether the English might survive.
One black girl at my school said that mixed-race boys make her feel sick. I wonder, if that was recorded and put onto Youtube, whether that would become viral too.
Reply 102
The sudden and emotional expression of ethnic normalcy will happen more frequently as the English feel ever more foreign in urban England. Will the police state cope?
Reply 103
I am in no way against immigration but I think it's one rule for one and another for others. Remember those "foreigners" who burnt poppies? Well they got off with a £30 fine or something rediculous like that. This woman should get no worse.
Reply 104
Original post by Jeester
I am in no way against immigration but I think it's one rule for one and another for others. Remember those "foreigners" who burnt poppies? Well they got off with a £30 fine or something rediculous like that. This woman should get no worse.

Actually they were banned from entering the UK, but I guess not researching the event can lead you to believe that such a punishment equates a £30 fine :smile:

I know people are going to think I'm being a pedantic troll here but she wasn't being racist, she was being xenophobic.

Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
Xenophobia: intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

This woman was complaining about people coming to "Her Britain" (except she's not the Queen) and that they should go home. She didn't say blacks and poles were inferior people and should be wiped off the face of the Earth, just that she wanted them to 'go back to their own country'. Don't get me wrong, I think her 'opinion' is based purely on her being absolutely off her tits on drink/drugs and a lack of education. But seriously, there's a big difference, and as soon as the fashionable Left grab hold of semantics with their tendrils of sensationalism the better.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Akuma
Heres a moral dilemma. If the ethnic minorities had put her in a bin, would that be better or worse than putting a cat in a bin?

Genius. This is going in my sig :biggrin:
Before anyone starts saying i'm supporting the notion of Britain becoming a foreign place to the indigenous here, I'd like to say I actually love England, and at times don't agree with those of ethnic minorities (even though i'm one myself) moving to England and turning bits of cities into their own little countries.

But does anyone remember when the people of what is now known as Great Britain travelled around the world taking over countries, enslaving their people and just f****** them up in general? This may be a rebuttal of that, and whilst I don't agree with it, does anyone else see the pattern?
Reply 107
Personally, I love having a small foreign city within a train journey away. I can jump off at Liverpool Street and go to Little Bangladesh, or go into the other various parts of London, such as Chinatown. Have such a rich and robust culture from another part of the world at my doorstep (rather than paying £500-£1000 to travel to India or further) to me is great. It's not like the Asians came and then the word 'crime' had to be incorporated into our dictionaries is it?

Who negged my other comment? Don't be a coward, come out and tell me why I earned that?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 108
Original post by rugbyladosc
Yea it's just one racist nutjob probably drunk not indicative of wider social views of immigration.
You do not know the people of whom you speak. Which makes it all the more terrible that you propose to harm us.

A Sky News poll has revealed widespread public support for many of the BNP's policies - but less backing for the party itself. The findings will prove worrying for all the main parties in the run-up to the local elections in nine days' time.

The internet pollster YouGov questioned 1,841 people between last Friday and Monday.

They were asked whether they supported halting all further immigration to the UK.

Nearly six out of 10 - 59% - who did not know it was a BNP plan, said they would back the idea.

There's nothing weird or extreme about any of these ideas. No people ever volunteered to be displaced by foreigners. It's weird however to want to see the English displaced -- and the only extremists in the picture are those ensuring it happens against our express will.
Reply 109
Part of the problem when I see such brazen displays of ignorance and outright xenophobia is that there is a temptation to react in kind and to essentially be dragged down to that level in reacting to it. That seems to have characterised at least some of the reaction to that video anyway.

Fair play to that woman on the tram for having the balls to stand up to her and the willpower to do it without descending onto her level.
Reply 110
That's from me Teofilo.

Also, xenophobia is a dirty word, don't use it. It's much better to call people racist. That way you can whitewash (ha) over centuries of real racism where people are seen as unhuman for their genetic traits. At least that's what I'm lead to believe by the majority of TSR who lean left because it's fashionable. No I'm not even slightly right leaning.
Original post by missxrojas
Check my video ;-)

None of her videos have ever mentioned TSR, plus it's really obvious you're not her from what you've posted in this thread. Give it up.
Original post by rainbow drops

None of her videos have ever mentioned TSR, plus it's really obvious you're not her from what you've posted in this thread. Give it up.

do you have an account on thestudentroom? Just because if not someone there is impersonating you
iamasnaily 18 minutes ago

@iamasnaily Oh really? No I don't have an account on there. 
missxrojas 16 minutes ago

@missxrojas oh right. well they have put your username/name/university on their profile if you want to check it out
iamasnaily 12 minutes ago

@iamasnaily Thanks! I've found it and reported it.
missxrojas 8 minutes ago

Was that you (iamasnaily)?
I'm not reacting really I'm not that bothered. I don't support her and don't want her dead. Death threats seem a bit over the top, especially considering the possibility that she is mentally ill and/or was under the influence of some drug which completely altered who she was
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Was that you (iamasnaily)?

Nope. Glad to know it's being sorted, though :smile:
Reply 115
Nope. Glad to know it's being sorted, though :smile:

Precisely what is the "real" missxrojas?
Reply 116
Original post by frankieboy
So we have chav (white?) street gangs, black gangs, add to that asian gangs and what do you have? Gangs.

yes, but black gangs commit a massively disproportionate amount of street crime. in london for example over 50% of street crime is committed by blacks but they make up just 12 percent of the population of london.

so i was just wonder why the poster was going on about killing chavs and not anyone else. i suspect he is a non white racist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7856787/Violent-inner-city-crime-the-figures-and-a-question-of-race.html
Reply 117
I don't see why their skin colour makes a difference, unless you say they are racially more inclined to commit a crime? Because that is racist, and I don't swing that word round at all.

Like all gang members, get them out of their criminal grounds, off any drugs they might be on, get them work and make sure they keep away from their old haunts. Regardless of skin colour.
Yes she was in the wrong, I sat there gobsmacked all the way through. But does it give people the right to make death threats? Is it okay for people to lower themselves to her standards?
I wouldnt say people are 'over-reacting' but we all know that there are plenty of people who share her views, she's just been dumb enough to make a scene and get arrested for it. I'm asian, but i was born here, to me she just sounds like someone who's uneducated. You sure she wasn't drunk?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending