The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Bus pass prices?

Hey there! I was wondering if anyone knows how much a bus pass for the year would cost in Sheffield? Also, which provider are UoS students most likely to use, First or Stagecoach?

Also, will I need to buy both in order to get around the rest of the city, and not just from Endcliffe to campus?

Thanks.
Reply 1
I'm not exactly sure but there is a zoom travel pass for uni students which means each bus trip or tram trip is 80p which might work out cheaper than a general pass depending how much you are using it
https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/ticketsandpasses/18-21-pass
Are you planning to get the bus to every day ? If so is this because of a medical condition or would you just rather sleep more
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Jess_Lomas
I'm not exactly sure but there is a zoom travel pass for uni students which means each bus trip or tram trip is 80p which might work out cheaper than a general pass depending how much you are using it
https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/ticketsandpasses/18-21-pass
Are you planning to get the bus to every day ? If so is this because of a medical condition or would you just rather sleep more

80p per trip doesn't sound too bad! I plan to get the bus to and from uni every now and then, but not necessarily all of the time. I was more thinking about taking the bus to get the weekly shop or to meet up with friends somewhere in the city. I think the 80p fare pass should be all I need though, thank you! :smile:
Original post by JackTEK
Hey there! I was wondering if anyone knows how much a bus pass for the year would cost in Sheffield? Also, which provider are UoS students most likely to use, First or Stagecoach?

Also, will I need to buy both in order to get around the rest of the city, and not just from Endcliffe to campus?

Thanks.

Hi @JackTEK :smile:

As someone mentioned, the bus and tram are only 80p with a zoom card so defiantly get one of these, they last right up until your 22nd birthday! As for bus providers, I would say it is a 50/50 split between stagecoach and first as they both have several busses that opperate around campus, however the trams are stagecoach.

However with the 80p fare I really don't think it would be cost effective getting any sort of travel pass. It is much cheaper to just pay for the journeys as you go if they are only 80p. Plus I wouldn't over think travel too much before you arrive on campus, as people generally overestimate how much they use it. It is ver rare students travel between campus and endcliffe, there are always heards of students walking back and forth you will probably just do that with your friends. Its also not too far from the city centre, students often enjoy the 30 min walk with their headphones on!

My advice would be to order a zoom card (travel south yorkshire website) and wait until you've had a few weeks on campus to find your feet in terms of travel!

Georgia :smile:
4th year MA psychology and education

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending