The Student Room Group

Norwich City Supporter Thread

Any one else on here a Norwich fan? Thought i'd try get a discussion going on how people think we're doing. Please no 6 finger comments.:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackclarke1995
Any one else on here a Norwich fan? Thought i'd try get a discussion going on how people think we're doing. Please no 6 finger comments.:biggrin:

Now you're asking for it. :mmm:

I'm an Arsenal fan, but I had a bit of a soft spot for Norwich when I was younger as I used to enjoy watching Huckerby and Ashton, and obviously Bentley went on loan from us.

But then I got to Uni, Bentley moved to the Spuds and my best mate is a Tractor Boys fan. Plus I utterly despise everything about Grant Holt. :lol:
Original post by marcusmerehay
Now you're asking for it. :mmm:

I'm an Arsenal fan, but I had a bit of a soft spot for Norwich when I was younger as I used to enjoy watching Huckerby and Ashton, and obviously Bentley went on loan from us.

But then I got to Uni, Bentley moved to the Spuds and my best mate is a Tractor Boys fan. Plus I utterly despise everything about Grant Holt. :lol:

I suppose he has turned into that kind of guy. when he first joined he was very honest and just played the game; he now throws himself around trying to get stuff. i dont mind it, but it never seems to work. i wish sometimes he'd just stay on his feet and try. He definately causes problems for defences, and on a good day he can muddle anyone up.
I have to say when we had Hucks and Ashton, that was probably my favourite side until what we put out last year. between those two sides we had a load of crap, who couldnt do anything. i was over the moon when we got relegated, because it meant we might actually win something, and we can start again from the bottom up, and built a great team. Now look where getting relegated has got us!
Where are you, LET'S BE HAVING YOU, come on
Original post by Rock Fan
Where are you, LET'S BE HAVING YOU, come on

I could've guessed that was coming soon enough aswell. :wink:
Reply 5
Wish we got a point against you lot on Saturday, but we never win there. Holt getting the winner really pissed me off.
Original post by Luhar
Wish we got a point against you lot on Saturday, but we never win there. Holt getting the winner really pissed me off.

Were you at the game? Warnock really pissed me off, you were better than us for about a 25 minute spell in the second half and he thought that you were the better team and deserved the win! Your goal came from a defensive error, and i have to say, you looked as though you had nothing upfront, i didnt see helguson or bothroyd when he came on do anything worth crediting.
how can you dislike a club with this badge?

It's just so cute and adorable. Even the chant is lovable... "City! City! City!"
Reply 8
Were you at the game? Warnock really pissed me off, you were better than us for about a 25 minute spell in the second half and he thought that you were the better team and deserved the win! Your goal came from a defensive error, and i have to say, you looked as though you had nothing upfront, i didnt see helguson or bothroyd when he came on do anything worth crediting.

Na I wasn't at the game, we weren't great but I still think a draw would've been a fair result and yeah I would love to see DJ Campbell back in as he could be a threat like last season.
Reply 9
Kick it low. On the ball. Have a little scrummage.

Now's your chance. There's the goal.

City! *Clap Clap Clap*
City! *Clap Clap Clap*
CIty! *Clap Clap Clap*

Good chant that.
Haha as if there's someone on TSR from North Walsham. I'm semi from Norfolk, spent my teens in King's Lynn where there's a sizeable Norwich fan base, no surprises why..

My mum's also a Norwich fan so I like to see the Canaries do well.
Well i moved to North Walsham when i was 8, born in Hellesdon. And thats not quite how the songs goes, but i do love the badge.

So, how do people think our season is going to end. do people think we can keep playing well enought o stay up? or do people think we will flop like Hull and Balckpool.
I could've guessed that was coming soon enough aswell. :wink:

You know it had to be done :biggrin:
Original post by Rock Fan
You know it had to be done :biggrin:

I can't say I know anyone who dislikes Delia Smith. Or Stephen Fry, for that matter. Norwich is associated with such likeable people :h:
Original post by rockrunride
I can't say I know anyone who dislikes Delia Smith. Or Stephen Fry, for that matter. Norwich is associated with such likeable people :h:

Let's hear it one more time from te legend, I give you Delia Smith :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0
I'm a gooner inside but ever since I've moved to UEA, I've become a norwich supporter on the side.
Reply 16
I'm not a Norwich fan, but I have to admit I admired Norwich and how they played in the championship, and I'm pleased to see them doing OK in the premiership.
Reply 17
Only just saw this thread. I'm an Arsenal fan, but have a big soft-spot for Norwich since I lived there for about two years. Huge result for the Canaries against Newcastle during the weekend; I think at this rate, Norwich could become a solid mid-table team in a season so. And it's not just the result: they seem to be very hard to break down in general (speaking mostly from watching the Norwich-Arsenal game plus a few others). Of course, City managed it, but 1-6 and so forth.
Original post by Abiraleft
Only just saw this thread. I'm an Arsenal fan, but have a big soft-spot for Norwich since I lived there for about two years. Huge result for the Canaries against Newcastle during the weekend; I think at this rate, Norwich could become a solid mid-table team in a season so. And it's not just the result: they seem to be very hard to break down in general (speaking mostly from watching the Norwich-Arsenal game plus a few others). Of course, City managed it, but 1-6 and so forth.

I think if the other team have alot of possesion, we are hard to break down because we can get organised, however if we have alot of possesion our defence is pretty terrible against counter attacks.
(edited 12 years ago)
I think soft Norwich support is getting viral! Spurs play Norwich on the 27th at Carrow Road and my mum is getting worried that she'll be the only one supporting them for once, as my dad and I usually at least clap when Norwich are on TV and they score..

Quick Reply

Latest