The Student Room Group

Postgraduate application in Human Resource Management

Hi everyone!
I'm applying to unis in the UK for MSc in HRM. My options are Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Lancaster, Durham, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, QMUL, University of East Anglia, etc. I know that's a long list but please help me out. I've only received an offer for UEA since I recently applied. Please help me regarding which university should I prioritise and where else can I apply. Any inputs are welcome. Thanks.
Original post by KirtiNagrani
Hi everyone!
I'm applying to unis in the UK for MSc in HRM. My options are Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Lancaster, Durham, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, QMUL, University of East Anglia, etc. I know that's a long list but please help me out. I've only received an offer for UEA since I recently applied. Please help me regarding which university should I prioritise and where else can I apply. Any inputs are welcome. Thanks.

Hi KirtiNagrani,

It's great to know that you've received an offer from UEA - congratulations!

Choosing the right university is indeed a significant decision, and I completely understand the challenges involved. I faced a similar situation when deciding on my PhD program here at UEA.

While I do not study humanities, I can share some general factors that helped me make my decision.

Department reputation: Take a close look at the reputation of the business department and the extent of research happening in the school. A robust academic record not only improves the quality of education but also presents a positive signal to potential employers. At UEA, a significant number of lecturers hold fellowships with the Higher Education Academy (which is an additional qualification atop their PhDs), resulting in exceptionally high-quality teaching.

Career support services: Investigate the career support services provided by each university. UEA, for instance, is renowned for its outstanding CareerCentral support, offering a great of resources and incentives for improving your CV and cover letter. Their award-based scheme is also great, which helps a lot in CV development and interview preparation.

Location and atmosphere: The city itself significantly can influence your overall experience. Norwich, where UEA is located, is really a beautiful and vibrant city. It provides a fantastic environment for studying, has a lot of charming coffee shops and easy access to the seaside.

For a more detailed perspective, I recommend engaging in conversations with current students and academics. Visit the UEA Ask Us page at https://www.uea.ac.uk/ask-us to directly connect with students and academics who can provide insights into the student experience, academic support, and various aspects of university life.

All the best with your decision,
Daniel
PhD Biology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending