The Student Room Group

which is better for Pharmacy between University of East Anglia and Uni of Lincoln

which is better for Pharmacy between university of East Anglia and university of Lincoln
Reply 1
There isn't a 'better' Uni - all MPharm degrees are accredited by te GPhC as 'equal' because they all cover exactly the same standard syllabus required for registration. So, its more about a) what sort of Uni will suit you better (Lincoln is smaller) and b) the sort of general student facilities you want - ie. sport facilities, social, housing etc.
Hi @Fola0508,

It's great that you are considering such good places for your studies!Choosing the right university is indeed a significant decision, and I completely understand the challenges involved. I faced a similar situation when deciding on my PhD program.

While I do not study Pharmacy, I can share some general factors that helped me make my decision.

Department reputation: Take a close look at the reputation of the pharmacy department and the extent of research happening in the school. A robust academic record not only improves the quality of education but also presents a positive signal to potential employers. At UEA, a significant number of lecturers hold fellowships with the Higher Education Academy (which is an additional qualification atop their PhDs), resulting in exceptionally high-quality teaching.

Career support services: Investigate the career support services provided by each university. UEA, for instance, is renowned for its outstanding CareerCentral support, offering a great of resources and incentives for improving your CV and cover letter. Their award-based scheme is also great, which helps a lot in CV development and interview preparation.

Location and atmosphere: The city itself significantly can influence your overall experience. Norwich, where UEA is locted, is really a beautiful and vibrant city. It provides a fantastic environment for studying, has a lot of charming coffee shops and easy access to the seaside.

For a more detailed perspective, I recommend engaging in conversations with current students and academics. Visit the UEA Ask Us page at https://www.uea.ac.uk/ask-us to directly connect with individuals who can provide insights into the student experience, academic support, and various aspects of university life.

All the best with your decision,
Daniel
PhD Genetics
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending