The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EEngWillow
I am probably my own worst critic. The problem with things looking good is that you feel more let down when they don't taste right...they were nice, just not as good as they could've been. :smile:

:rofl:

Well clearly you will have to make some more then. At a time when I'm not fasting. Preferably at a time when the X Soc meet is, so I can sample some :yep:

It's not funny, you know. It's hard work, sneakily eating junk food :sadnod: :ninja: :colone:
Days? I usually start missing Guildford before I even get home! And my journey is only 40 minutes... :tongue:

:love: It is really nice to hear. It's even nicer if it's someone you don't expect to hear it from...I'm always shocked when I bump into someone like Pete Greig in Guildford and he tells me he's been praying for me. I shouldn't be surprised; he's one of my church leaders...but he seems to busy with 24-7 Prayer; he leads the MPs weekly Prayer Breakfast in London etc...always makes me feel warm and fuzzy ^_^

EDIT: I'm so glad you reply quickly, I forgot to click Edit again... :colondollar:

Aww, you're such a sweetie... :love: Raspberries do go quite well, but I was making do with what I could find in our cupboards...

Apparently when me and Penguin broke up everyone back home prayed for me :love: gotta love power of prayer!

Well they look fantastic!
The power of prayer is an amazing thing :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well clearly you will have to make some more then. At a time when I'm not fasting. Preferably at a time when the X Soc meet is, so I can sample some :yep:

It's not funny, you know. It's hard work, sneakily eating junk food :sadnod: :ninja: :colone:

It's very funny. Just because something is hard work doesn't mean it can't be funny! :tongue:
I will be bringing some form of baked goods to the X-Soc meet(s), since my aim to bake something at least once a fortnight from now on... I'm rusty :frown:

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Apparently when me and Penguin broke up everyone back home prayed for me :love: gotta love power of prayer!

Well they look fantastic!

N'aww thanks. :colondollar:

Wow, that's amazing. Did you watch the video I posted a couple of pages back? One of the first lines is "The only thing that's going to change this place, is prayer", which I think is a really powerful message for us all actually...
Night all.
:moon:
Original post by tasha96
Night all.
:moon:

Good night! Sweet dreams :smile:
It's very funny. Just because something is hard work doesn't mean it can't be funny! :tongue:
I will be bringing some form of baked goods to the X-Soc meet(s), since my aim to bake something at least once a fortnight from now on... I'm rusty :frown:

N'aww thanks. :colondollar:

Wow, that's amazing. Did you watch the video I posted a couple of pages back? One of the first lines is "The only thing that's going to change this place, is prayer", which I think is a really powerful message for us all actually...

Haven't watched, think was on train when it was posted so didn't want to watch
Haven't watched, think was on train when it was posted so didn't want to watch

Oh, yeah that makes sense. I love hearing about the stuff they're doing out there. Partly beause I know Brian quite well from his trips to Guildford every now and again, but also just because he has some amazing stories...
Oh, yeah that makes sense. I love hearing about the stuff they're doing out there. Partly beause I know Brian quite well from his trips to Guildford every now and again, but also just because he has some amazing stories...

Have you ever read "Nothing in my hand I bring"? Wonderful story of a conversion to Christianity, might re-read it these hols!

Just tried on dress for party...defs a ratheeer tight squeeze now, gonna need to exercise and not eat too much before party otherwise literally won't do up...annoyingly part of the problem is my boobs seem to have grown...
Have you ever read "Nothing in my hand I bring"? Wonderful story of a conversion to Christianity, might re-read it these hols!

Just tried on dress for party...defs a ratheeer tight squeeze now, gonna need to exercise and not eat too much before party otherwise literally won't do up...annoyingly part of the problem is my boobs seem to have grown...

I haven't, but I'll look for it. My favourite non-Bible Christian book is probably Run Baby Run, although it should be read in conjunction with Cross and the Switchblade for the full effect. I'm also quite fond of God on Mute although since I know the author I guess I am biased...

When's the party? I'll conform to a male stereotype here and say that I don't see your boobs growing as a problem per se... :tongue:
My favourite Christian book is The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis. Reading it was a huge epiphany for me. I was like OMG, now I understand the love of God :love:

Boobs growing is not a bad thing, though I guess annoying from the dress purpose :hugs:
My favourite Christian book is The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis. Reading it was a huge epiphany for me. I was like OMG, now I understand the love of God :love:

Boobs growing is not a bad thing, though I guess annoying from the dress purpose :hugs:

C.S. Lewis wrote some very good stuff :yep:
C.S. Lewis wrote some very good stuff :yep:

Indeed. I started reading Mere Christianity but I've no idea where my copy is now. Must find it. That was a great read too :yep: I quoted it at some evangelicals who were trying to convert me when I went to Hyde Park to see the Pope :biggrin:
Indeed. I started reading Mere Christianity but I've no idea where my copy is now. Must find it. That was a great read too :yep: I quoted it at some evangelicals who were trying to convert me when I went to Hyde Park to see the Pope :biggrin:

I started reading it too. I know I definitely haven't finished it...it got buried underneath a pile of Fantasy novels. I guess since I just finished a book I should dig it out and start again!
I started reading it too. I know I definitely haven't finished it...it got buried underneath a pile of Fantasy novels. I guess since I just finished a book I should dig it out and start again!

There are always too many good books to read. Or in my case, there are always too many academic music books to read. I don't really read for fun anymore. Haven't since I went to Oxford :no:
There are always too many good books to read. Or in my case, there are always too many academic music books to read. I don't really read for fun anymore. Haven't since I went to Oxford :no:

I don't really read much for my course... I just play about with circuits and flashing lights and work out what's happening. If I get really stuck then I look in the textbooks... but that's rare. I'm good at flashing lights. :yep:
I don't really read much for my course... I just play about with circuits and flashing lights and work out what's happening. If I get really stuck then I look in the textbooks... but that's rare. I'm good at flashing lights. :yep:

I was always a bit too scientifically inept to make my circuits work. Apparently it helps if you switch the powerpack on and the plugpoint on too :ninja:
I haven't, but I'll look for it. My favourite non-Bible Christian book is probably Run Baby Run, although it should be read in conjunction with Cross and the Switchblade for the full effect. I'm also quite fond of God on Mute although since I know the author I guess I am biased...

When's the party? I'll conform to a male stereotype here and say that I don't see your boobs growing as a problem per se... :tongue:

I know about Switchblade, never read it though :nah:

29th December :ahee: it is a problem with the dress, and also because when they grow my belly grows too :frown: I've done more exercise this term than last term...I should be thinner not fatter!

Gotta love C.S. Lewis :yep: he's amazing!

Very annoying from dress purpose...might have to go braless to fit...which is ALWAYS risky...
I was always a bit too scientifically inept to make my circuits work. Apparently it helps if you switch the powerpack on and the plugpoint on too :ninja:

Yep it does. I taught some of my yr10s that a couple of weeks ago actually. "We can't work out why nothing's happening!" "Have you turned the power on?" "Yes." "Have you connected all your circuit boards together?" "...yeah. ...No."
I know about Switchblade, never read it though :nah:

29th December :ahee: it is a problem with the dress, and also because when they grow my belly grows too :frown: I've done more exercise this term than last term...I should be thinner not fatter!

Gotta love C.S. Lewis :yep: he's amazing!

Very annoying from dress purpose...might have to go braless to fit...which is ALWAYS risky...

On the other hand, it shouldn't fall down or anything, so going braless wouldn't be that bad, would it? :dontknow:

I can fit my face into my bra cup. My boobs are just unnecessarily big :biggrin:

Yep it does. I taught some of my yr10s that a couple of weeks ago actually. "We can't work out why nothing's happening!" "Have you turned the power on?" "Yes." "Have you connected all your circuit boards together?" "...yeah. ...No."

Thankfully I used to rely on the mercy of the science technicians. They'd point stuff out before my teacher noticed that I was being a div :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending