The Student Room Group

Is 8-10 hours a day from now on enough?

Hi,

I have three AS exams starting in three weeks. Will 8-10 hours of revision a day be enough to get straight As? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Depends on how clever you are and you technique for revision.I been doing 6ish hours each day for like 1-2 months and 8-10 in holidays, got A(biology) A(Chemistry) and B(maths) in mocks.
Maths was just horrible tiny mistakes.
Goodluck in Jan, hope you achieve the grades you need/want.
(edited 12 years ago)
4 hours a day from now on would be plenty. 8-10 hours is just ridiculous.
Could be but if you really want to achieve what you should I would say you need to step up your game. Try getting your notes tattooed on the insides of your eyelids, that way every time you blink you will subconsciously take in information
Reply 4
Original post by charlie9872
4 hours a day from now on would be plenty. 8-10 hours is just ridiculous.

8 hours is an average working day?
Original post by iSMark
8 hours is an average working day?

Yeah, for actual work - not revision.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
I haven't started yet.

Everyones different though, I revised for AS in 24hours for each subject
Reply 7
Aww man, now I feel well bad. I don't even do that much revision for my uni exams :/
Reply 8
Original post by Sadsnail
I haven't started yet.

Everyones different though, I revised for AS in 24hours for each subject

May I ask what grades you achieved and what revision method you used?
If I tried revising for 8 hours in a day I'd end up catatonic. If you need to do that much revision to do well, start earlier and do less per day.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
If you haven't started already you don't deserve straight As. 10 hours is not going to get you there!

Hi, I've been doing about an hour a day for the past few months and have been doing about 5-10 hours revision for the past few days
Original post by Bismarck.
Hi, I've been doing about an hour a day for the past few months and have been doing about 5-10 hours revision for the past few days

Well then you'll be fine! Don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by Bismarck.
Hi,

I have three AS exams starting in three weeks. Will 8-10 hours of revision a day be enough to get straight As? Thanks

Too much...

You could do 8-10 hours of revision and get Us. Alternatively you could do an hour every other day (or none at all) and get As. It depends on you, how much revision you need and how well you revise.

But 8-10 hours every day is too much. It will start to work negatively after 2 or 3 days.
In this case, the age old saying of it's more about the quality and not quantity - you could slave away for 8-10 hours a day and not retain any information or you could do it properly for a couple hours a day and see much better results.

Make sure your revision technique is solid, you know the content inside out and your exam technique is faultless that's what going to help you get the As you want. If you employ for the 8-10 you're looking to do then my friends you should be fine for January.

Good Luck! :smile:
Wow hahahhaa
Seriously excessive for three exams :erm:
Reply 16
My first exam is in 3 weeks time and I haven't started revision yet. I would have thought that 4-5 hours was plenty from tomorrow onwards.
Lost a little hope for my January A2 modules after reading this thread ...
Reply 18
If it works for you then do it. I have a friend that can do that for weeks at a time and got a first. Personally, I couldn't do it at all.
Original post by hassi94
Too much...

You could do 8-10 hours of revision and get Us. Alternatively you could do an hour every other day (or none at all) and get As. It depends on you, how much revision you need and how well you revise.

But 8-10 hours every day is too much. It will start to work negatively after 2 or 3 days.

This is so true for me - I've been working 12 hour days for the past couple of weeks and I absolutely wiped! Haven't done anything in like 4 days :/

Comes off as a bit extreme and a bit irrational but I'm having to resit exams in January and I've already finished 6th form so you can just imagine how desperately I want the grades and far I'm willing to go. Will probably start sensibly tomorrow though :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending