The Student Room Group

How many day does a full time student do a week?

Hi, I'm just curious about how many days a full-time business/marketing student does a week. I've been looking into uni but I work Full-time at the moment and don't want to stop working completely.
Original post by cbhw14
Hi, I'm just curious about how many days a full-time business/marketing student does a week. I've been looking into uni but I work Full-time at the moment and don't want to stop working completely.

From personal experience, a full time student should be studying 35-40 hours a week. Failing students can study as little as 10-20 hours a week. Overachievers can do 60 hours studying a week.

If you're studying full time whilst working, I wouldn't recommend more than 20 hours work per week otherwise you will burn out easily or end up compromising your study.
In terms of timetabled activities, totally variable. You might have timetabled activities every day for one term, then have all your lectures on just two days the next term. There's really no way to control that.

In terms of total time expected to be spent on your studies, as above normally you're expected to be spending an amount of time equivalent to full time work on your studies, including timetabled activities, which works out to about 35-40 per week on average. That said often that average gets skewed due to more time being spent around deadlines/in the run up to exams and less time at quieter periods in the term.

It's really usually not practical to work more than 12-15 hours a week in my opinion while studying full time - and realistically 8-10 is probably more than enough along with your uni activities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending