The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

What happened to Bowder Court in the end? In the spring term of 2010 the Accommodation Office said that they were planning to refurbish Bowder Court from September 2010 and throughout the 2010-11 academic year. But it got postphoned. Did Bowder Court ever get refurbished? Though I cannot see why Bowder Court even needed refurbishing, speaking as a former resident from there. Or are the current residents of Bowder Court being disturbed and relocated from ongoing refurbishment and rebuilding occurring there at the moment?

What is going on? :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
I don't think it's being refurbished...

and I still haven't been to mosh...I hope i'm not missing out
Reply 742
Original post by TheBlackMonster
I don't think it's being refurbished...

and I still haven't been to mosh...I hope i'm not missing out

I haven't been either :P hows Republic btw? i had a 9am lecture on tuesday so could never really go out mondays :smile:
Original post by Tericon
I haven't been either :P hows Republic btw? i had a 9am lecture on tuesday so could never really go out mondays :smile:

best club in Leicester, that's if you don't get lost from your friends constantly :P

don't think i'll be going again until mid February though
Reply 744
Does anyone know when we will be getting our 2nd semester timetable for Leicester Uni?
Original post by mr tim
Does anyone know when we will be getting our 2nd semester timetable for Leicester Uni?

Should be in the two weeks of exams. I already have a draft of mine as my departments have put them on blackboard. I've never seen a major change of room from a draft (except for the one with no room allocated when the draft was sent out).
I miss Leicester. I'm on my year abroad at the moment but always come back to Leicester for a visit when I'm in the country! What's going on with Charles Wilson and outside the library? :s-smilie:
Reply 747
I'm dreading my year abroad, the whole thing is a nightmare of bad organisation and I don't know anyone who is looking forward to it!

Charles Wilson is being extended and they're building a bike store underneath the paving in front of the library.
Original post by SpamBa
I'm dreading my year abroad, the whole thing is a nightmare of bad organisation and I don't know anyone who is looking forward to it!

Charles Wilson is being extended and they're building a bike store underneath the paving in front of the library.

Same. It's been hard trying to learn Dutch and the university I'm going to, their administration doesn't fill me with confidence.
Reply 749
Original post by SirMasterKey
Same. It's been hard trying to learn Dutch and the university I'm going to, their administration doesn't fill me with confidence.

I don't even know where I'm going and since I'm probably going to do an assistantship, there is no help with accommodation and the university doesn't appear to give a ****.
Reply 750
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knew of the date for the UCAS open day for the Ancient History department? I sent of the form to apply, but can't remember what the date was, and can't seem to find any paperwork at home.
Thanks.
Original post by KacyC
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knew of the date for the UCAS open day for the Ancient History department? I sent of the form to apply, but can't remember what the date was, and can't seem to find any paperwork at home.
Thanks.

Might be a couple. There was when I chose one. Email [email protected] and she should be able to tell you. Or ring the department up.
Reply 752
Good luck to those of you doing exams, hope you pass!!
Original post by Serano
Good luck to those of you doing exams, hope you pass!!

i'm scared of it haha, i've been doing intense bouts of revision but there's so much to revise

I can only hope that they'll be easy on freshers
Original post by Redpanda91
I miss Leicester. I'm on my year abroad at the moment but always come back to Leicester for a visit when I'm in the country! What's going on with Charles Wilson and outside the library? :s-smilie:

Library: Redeveloping the podium and they are building a big bike storage underneath. Link.

Charles Wilson: They were just redoing the front and making the inside look a tad bit nicer and making improvements for disability access and in the wiring. Which it seems is all done now and does look rather good.
Link.
So how is everyone's timetables looking?

I've got 9 hours a week now. (I'm sitting in a module so have 2 more than I would have- I want my monies worth!)

It does mean I have four hours straight on a Tuesday. Not looking forward to that I have to say. 9-1. With the only gap the dash from the first room to the second.
Reply 756
I have 12, and am in uni 10-6 on a Tuesday. Free Wednesdays though :sexface:

SO glad they are trying to get the bloody college kids out of our union. I hope it works!
I've never noticed people outside the uni hanging around in the Union. it's always packed to me anyway and there's no space...
Original post by TheBlackMonster
I've never noticed people outside the uni hanging around in the Union. it's always packed to me anyway and there's no space...

This. :dontknow:

Not sure how they'll do it without embarassing anyone though as they won't know everyone who is a Leicester student/graduate/staff member.
Reply 759
It's actually mostly college kids in there. If you look at the textbooks sitting on the tables, most of them will be A-Level ones. The day the college went on strike I was working in the union and it was ridiculously empty, even though there were quite a few departments still teaching including mine. One of my friends works for contact and gave up going round the union shilling in freshers week as most of the people there weren't even freshers. She said that there was even a number of them who went to the freshers' fair to take the goodies. I complained about it to the Vice Chancellor in the meeting he does with the Course-Reps, as did some others, which is probably why something is finally being done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending