The Student Room Group

Nicest response from a university?

Scroll to see replies

Oxford were lovely to me, ringing me up and everything!
My friend also got sent a pair of bright pink socks from Leeds after she applied there! :biggrin:
Reply 41
Gloucestershire sent me a Christmas card this year :biggrin: inside it reminded me to apply by Jan 15th :P
They also had free hot drinks and cookies at the Open Day! Yum :biggrin: (I think my friend had about 5 cookies in the end)
an offer.
Original post by Skarm
Keele sent me a god damn christmas card email that sung christmas carols. I haven't seen a uni friendlier than that.

Keele must seriously have the hots for you :teehee:
liverpool sent me a christmas card :h:
Email from Cambridge
'I am delighted to inform you we will be making you an offer.' That was a very nice email to get!!
:smile:
Reply 46
uea and aberdeen for me uea sent a lovely polite email and aberdeen a nice letter ... the london ones just sent that theyve acknowledged and will be in touch haha
The computing UCAS person at Surrey university rang me up after my interview and said that the feedback on me was great and that she hopes to see me next september. Also asked if I had any other questions and stuff. Really nice department :biggrin:

They also sent me a christmas card ^.^
So far, UEA. First offer, and they very kindly (and very surprisingly) gave me an unconditional. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: And sent me a season's greeting's email. And at the open day they gave me tea and cake!!!

Bath, on the other hand, haven't even asked to interview me or anything. Treating me mean is not keeping me keen...-_- jfkslgfdikjhglskhscnvlkdsflds.

Although...RGU wished me Happy Birthday. Twice. :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
After my university at Exeter I got a typed letter saying the standard stuff "blah blah we'll contact you over the next few weeks etc etc." But at the bottom of the letter, written out in pen it said...

"Dr Petrov tells me he enjoyed talking to you about your involvement in Blue Fusion. We hope to see you here in October!"

It was nice to get a little personal touch to the letter.
Reply 50
perhaps the nicest one was Aston saying yeah here is an offer :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by najinaji
Pretty much. :tongue: Though I've found that I often ask myself the same question... How about you?

Absolutely, now you mention it... and I think my teacher must wonder why I'm doing it as well, to be honest.:tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
So far, UEA. First offer, and they very kindly (and very surprisingly) gave me an unconditional. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: And sent me a season's greeting's email. And at the open day they gave me tea and cake!!!

Bath, on the other hand, haven't even asked to interview me or anything. Treating me mean is not keeping me keen...-_- jfkslgfdikjhglskhscnvlkdsflds.

Although...RGU wished me Happy Birthday. Twice. :lol:

*sniff* I'm the only person I know (who's applied) who hasn't got a wrong day birthday email :frown:
Reply 53
Original post by DrinkYourMilk
Yeah, why do you do Maths? English is where it's at, homeboyyyy. ;D

Actually talking about the thread topic, probably QMUL simply because I got interviewed by the Modern Irish Studies lecturer and since I brought a copy of a collection of Yeats poetry, she pretty much loved me, haha. :P

I do English, actually, and with every Maths lesson I agree with your sentiment that little bit more..!
Reply 54
Loads of kind emails and letters after I completed their questionnaires telling me that, "regretfully", I'd be paying overseas fees.

Considerate of them, but I already knew what was coming and just wanted straight confirmations :hmpf:
Original post by milkytea
I do English, actually, and with every Maths lesson I agree with your sentiment that little bit more..!

English is pretty fun actually once you get over the amount of essays you have to write. No, sorry, you never get over the amount of essays you have to write. :frown:

I wasn't bad at Maths, I just didn't like algebra which is what Maths is really... :tongue:
Original post by Harley
*sniff* I'm the only person I know (who's applied) who hasn't got a wrong day birthday email :frown:

I'm special. :biggrin: I got one weeks before my birthday, and one on my actual birthday. But none of that bloody matters cos they still haven't given me an offer!!!!

What are you applying for?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I'm special. :biggrin: I got one weeks before my birthday, and one on my actual birthday. But none of that bloody matters cos they still haven't given me an offer!!!!

What are you applying for?

Pharmacy :smile: Judging by your username the same course as you!

Me neither, I'm so on edge whenever I see i've got an email I get excited and it turns out its from new look telling me about a new trend in jackets :frown:
Original post by DrinkYourMilk
Yeah, why do you do Maths? English is where it's at, homeboyyyy. ;D

Actually talking about the thread topic, probably QMUL simply because I got interviewed by the Modern Irish Studies lecturer and since I brought a copy of a collection of Yeats poetry, she pretty much loved me, haha. :P

Lol I think i got interviewed by the same person!! Haha thats quite funny. She was not what i expected at all. I has never studied war poetry in my life but i blagged my though- as you do :biggrin:
Reply 59
LJM invited me to look round the campus after I'd got my offer and they give you free lunch. I like unis that feed me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending