The Student Room Group

What underwear do guys prefer/dislike on girls?

Just wondering really as my boyfriend always says I'm wearing granny pants if it's not a thong!? Even though I've had matching sets of the black lacy, red silky kind etc. Anything bigger than a thong he things is wrong :s-smilie: haha that rhymed.... lol

But anyway I personally don't think thongs look that sexy, I prefer a little lacy pair of knickers etc. so I just thought I'd try and find out everyone else's opinions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No underwear is much better.
Original post by northlincs4kylie
Just wondering really as my boyfriend always says I'm wearing granny pants if it's not a thong!? Even though I've had matching sets of the black lacy, red silky kind etc. Anything bigger than a thong he things is wrong :s-smilie: haha that rhymed.... lol

But anyway I personally don't think thongs look that sexy, I prefer a little lacy pair of knickers etc. so I just thought I'd try and find out everyone else's opinions!

thongs are only good if you have the ass for it.
Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
thongs are only good if you have the ass for it.

In that case I should at least hope it's a compliment that he wants me to wear thongs lol
Reply 4
Lace is good, thongs are good - but girls, seriously, wear what feels comfortable.
Thongs aren't the most comfortable things. Maybe you should get him to wear one and then see if he's still so insistent. Or wear some real granny pants and then he might appreciate your lacy numbers a bit more!
Reply 6
No,no dnt wear underwear
Reply 7

Come on guys.. you knew it was coming.
I think thongs are unnecessary and an awful idea
Lace, french, if you have a nice bum then boy-style briefs can look good
I prefer lacy French knicker type things to thongs, my boyfriend says he loves both.

In fact he says one of his favourite pairs of my pants are these girl-boxer ones I got from TopShop that have astronauts on them :dontknow: I hardly ever wear them, they're more 'emergency underwear' for when I've run out of clean ones but he says they make my ass look good and he thinks astronauts are 'cool'. I don't think they're at all sexy though, my boyfriend is a strange one :colondollar:
Original post by amyshamblesxx
I prefer lacy French knicker type things to thongs, my boyfriend says he loves both.

In fact he says one of his favourite pairs of my pants are these girl-boxer ones I got from TopShop that have astronauts on them :dontknow: I hardly ever wear them, they're more 'emergency underwear' for when I've run out of clean ones but he says they make my ass look good and he thinks astronauts are 'cool'. I don't think they're at all sexy though, my boyfriend is a strange one :colondollar:

Your boyfriends face if he just read that:

Reply 12
Original post by Wilko94
Lace is good, thongs are good - but girls, seriously, wear what feels comfortable.

wtf???? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie: why wear whats comfortable...

if everybody did that then we would all walk round in joggers and a hoodie?:angry:
Reply 13
Banned lol, dont know what they expected.
I was waiting for somebody to mention crotchless undies.
Lasted a fair bit though. And I now know what to get my gf for valentines.
Reply 16
In fairness, a girl could wear the sexiest underwear on the planet, but if it doesn't fit, it'll look crap.

GIRLS - Make sure your bra fits properly - my best advice for this is to get measured in every shop you go in. I wear a 36B in some shops, a 36C in others...it varies, so get measured in all shops and keep trying on until you get the best possible fit. And DON'T buy something too tight and go "oh but it'll give over time" ...you'll just end up in pain until it does give (if it does at all)

Personally, I feel sexiest in a plunge bra with lace detailing, and either a thong or french knickers. I cannot abide hipster knickers or boyshorts. If you're buying lingerie solely for in the bedroom, get a nice fitting babydoll or basque.
Reply 17
Reply 18
I really don't mind. I mean, at the end of the day, if you've got down to a girl's underwear, chances are it's not ultimately staying on anyway. So it doesn't really matter :dontknow: It's nice if she's made an effort (i.e. they're not her period pants :tongue:) but I don't really mind at all, as long as it's relatively easy to remove and she's actually comfortable.
Reply 19
From my purely perving point of view (admiring women from behind or in the bedroom) i prefer thongs and g-strings to be worn.

Quick Reply

Latest