The Student Room Group

A guy I like who has a girl best friend.

I wanna know your opinion about I’m worried he may like his girl best friend but doesn’t mention her much but I seen photos on social. Even tho I just start talking to him 2 weeks ago but now the getting to know someone is slow and he only FaceTime me at night.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Honestly why do you think he may like her? Jw
Reply 2
She's a friend, she's part of his life; he doesn't have to 'mention' her much. I'm sure you don't keep talking about your friends.

Anyway, if you do end up together you'll have to accept that she's a friend, so best you start doing that now rather than be worried or jealous.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
She's a friend, she's part of his life; he doesn't have to 'mention' her much. I'm sure you don't keep talking about your friends.

Anyway, if you do end up together you'll have to accept that she's a friend, so best you start doing that now rather than be worried or jealous.

Very true also
Reply 4
Original post by Ayshton
Very true also

Thanks but he said he’s going with the flow but sometimes it seems he’s uninterested.
Reply 5
Original post by Ayeeitzhollyy
Thanks but he said he’s going with the flow but sometimes it seems he’s uninterested.

That is fair. Just try to give it some time
Reply 6
Original post by Ayshton
That is fair. Just try to give it some time

I’ll try. It’s hard to distract myself.
Reply 7
I’ll try. It’s hard to distract myself.

That is completely normal!
Reply 8
Original post by Ayshton

But I don’t know if it’s weird from your perspective but he sleeps in the same bed with his girl best friend
Reply 9
Oh that's a little weird. Kind of a nope but.
Original post by Ayshton

Just a tad weird. But I asked him if he ever liked his girl best friend and he said she has a boyfriend. But I don’t see it on her instagram post.
Original post by Ayshton
Very true also

Do you have Instagram or something to message you privately
Reply 12
Do you have Instagram or something to message you privately

Not at the moment no. Well if she has a boyfriend then again people can be messed up
Reply 13
Just a tad weird. But I asked him if he ever liked his girl best friend and he said she has a boyfriend. But I don’t see it on her instagram post.

So what if there's nothing on Instagram? Thats a sensible thing to do. Not everyone posts their private life all over social media.
I wanna know your opinion about I’m worried he may like his girl best friend but doesn’t mention her much but I seen photos on social. Even tho I just start talking to him 2 weeks ago but now the getting to know someone is slow and he only FaceTime me at night.

I have a best friend who is a girl and I have found that it has turned a lot of people off, even despite me explicitly stating that I do not see her in that way, nor she me. However, these people exhibited certain traits - being untrusting of me and my best friend, and disliking my best friend despite not even taking any steps towards getting to knowing her.

Simply put if you're worried now you are probably going to be rather untrusting of this guy and his friend if you ever do start dating this guy. This is something you are going to have to get over or simply just give up on this guy now.

If the guy is anything like me then he won't give up a friend just because their gf doesn't like them.
But I don’t know if it’s weird from your perspective but he sleeps in the same bed with his girl best friend

Hey I can relate to this. I have a girlfriend of several years and also my best friend is female (and is a different person to my gf). We are close like this. We've slept in the same bed (we go travelling sometimes and such). To the point of being in our underwear while shoulder to shoulder.

But the important thing is we know our boundaries, she knows I'm not single and I know not to give her mixed signals . That's the key. It's fine having opposite gender close best friends to not interfere with an existing romance
I just never dealt with a guy who has a girl best friend. All my guys that I dated didn’t have any. But I see what you’re saying. Even tho I see some red flags in him from the start not cause of his girl best friend. Cause of other things with communication.
Original post by Ayshton
Honestly why do you think he may like her? Jw
Well for her tiktok she posted he checked her ass
Original post by Ayshton
Not at the moment no. Well if she has a boyfriend then again people can be messed up
I don’t think she does that’s what he said but I think it’s her guy best friend is her boyfriend
I have a guy friend I’m really close with, but honestly our relationship is more like siblings. Guys can be friends with girls and it not be an issue 😊. Speak to him? Maybe ask if he can introduce you to his friends, even better if she ends up becoming a friend too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending