University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Cornerstone
It's probably it :lol:

So you don't have to taste their stuff? Lucky, I still have 5 months of this :nopity:

I never have, I was self-catered last year.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 781
Well there's a week of college left for them until half term so we'll probably see more of them after half term.

Speaking of missing people, have you noticed that there're less and less people this term. The canteen in Beaumont is not as full and I can now find a computer very easily in the library even during peak times. Strange :holmes:

Yeah, it seems way, way quieter than even the same time last year. I never would have dreamed of getting a computer then but there are always some free nowadays. Campus just seems really quiet generally, I can't comment on the O2 but I'd bet it's the same there.

So you don't have to taste their stuff? Lucky, I still have 5 months of this :nopity:

Beaumont Food is a particularly harsh form of torture. Do they still have the penile sausages and shrivelled chips on Saturdays? I can't believe I paid for that stuff!
Original post by SpamBa
Yeah, it seems way, way quieter than even the same time last year. I never would have dreamed of getting a computer then but there are always some free nowadays. Campus just seems really quiet generally, I can't comment on the O2 but I'd bet it's the same there.

Beaumont Food is a particularly harsh form of torture. Do they still have the penile sausages and shrivelled chips on Saturdays? I can't believe I paid for that stuff!

Yup same ol' Beaumont food :puke:

Seems the city is telling us not to go out. First the protests now the snow? geez
(edited 12 years ago)
Yup same ol' Beaumont food :puke:

Seems the city is telling us not to go out. First the protests now the snow? geez

Fine by me. We've got skyplayer now :awesome:

Also got myself some nice thermal gloves from the corner shop near me. Have to trek through tomorrow though for uni but then I can do that.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Fine by me. We've got skyplayer now :awesome:

Also got myself some nice thermal gloves from the corner shop near me. Have to trek through tomorrow though for uni but then I can do that.

In just a short time, I've grown to be jealous of you SirMasterKey :emo: :tongue:

If this stay the same tomorrow, there's no way I'm going to uni :colonhash:
In just a short time, I've grown to be jealous of you SirMasterKey :emo: :tongue:

If this stay the same tomorrow, there's no way I'm going to uni :colonhash:

Do you not have a bus pass?

Last year I enjoyed walking to and from Oadby in the snow. Especially with a friend or two. Twas nice!
Do you not have a bus pass?

Last year I enjoyed walking to and from Oadby in the snow. Especially with a friend or two. Twas nice!

I do, and I took a walk when I was getting breakfast but I'm not a big fan of snow.

The skyplayer would have been just fine for me in this weather. :colonhash:
I do, and I took a walk when I was getting breakfast but I'm not a big fan of snow.

The skyplayer would have been just fine for me in this weather. :colonhash:

JoFo bar should have sky on and you can ask in reception for them to turn it on for you.
Reply 789
Just got a ****ing 67 on my piss easy linguistics module. If that's what I get in something I am good at then I am probably on track for a 52 in English.

I don't know why I bother, I never get a first on anything and now I can barely manage to keep up a 2:1 even though I live in the library and spend weeks researching my essays. Most people I know write theirs overnight and seem to do better. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but most of the time I wonder why I bother.

haha, how are the students there anyway?
and how is the pay? would you say it's worth it?

yeah I saw that! that is pretty amazing, what is even more amazing is that some of them are actually funny. wonder how long it'll stay up for...

I can't believe how many of those memes are true :rofl2:

Original post by SpamBa
Just got a ****ing 67 on my piss easy linguistics module. If that's what I get in something I am good at then I am probably on track for a 52 in English.

I don't know why I bother, I never get a first on anything and now I can barely manage to keep up a 2:1 even though I live in the library and spend weeks researching my essays. Most people I know write theirs overnight and seem to do better. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but most of the time I wonder why I bother.

I can relate to this, I spend weeks revising for exams and I always ****ty grades while my friend who says he struggle and says he didn't much work gets higher (still low I admit but it's more that me) I do a fecking foundation year, who knows how worse I'll do when I get down to real work (It'll probably be so low that'll drop out)

Original post by TheBlackMonster
haha, how are the students there anyway?
and how is the pay? would you say it's worth it?

The student's are alright (I'm glad there seem to be less of them now). Not sure what you mean by pay but if you mean the food is worth the money I'm paying then no, I always resist going to by a pizza or something because I knew it ruined by budget last term.:tongue:
The student's are alright (I'm glad there seem to be less of them now). Not sure what you mean by pay but if you mean the food is worth the money I'm paying then no, I always resist going to by a pizza or something because I knew it ruined by budget last term.:tongue:

I heard the dinners from before were better but now the chef is getting lazier with the food

oooh sorry, I meant is it worth the pay to work there? because I could do something like that next year or something
I heard the dinners from before were better but now the chef is getting lazier with the food

oooh sorry, I meant is it worth the pay to work there? because I could do something like that next year or something

You mean work at the canteen?
You mean work at the canteen?

yeah
yeah

lol only if you really need money. Students are nice when they're asking for food but when they're finished and dispose of the rubbish and leftovers, it ain't pretty :no:

...and guess who has to clean it up?:colone:
lol only if you really need money. Students are nice when they're asking for food but when they're finished and dispose of the rubbish and leftovers, it ain't pretty :no:

...and guess who has to clean it up?:colone:

lol

I always clean my plate, but I have to say that i'm guilty of leaving the small packets of salt that I use up still on the tray
Original post by SpamBa

:console:

I do sort of know how you feel. Do you go to your tutors and ask them what you could do better and how to improve? When ever I've done it it's always been of some use!
Reply 798
:console:

I do sort of know how you feel. Do you go to your tutors and ask them what you could do better and how to improve? When ever I've done it it's always been of some use!

Oh well happy now, I got 70 on my English module! Was totally expecting about 58 so very happy!
Original post by SpamBa
Oh well happy now, I got 70 on my English module! Was totally expecting about 58 so very happy!

Good for you!

I tried to pos rep it but it said 'Please rate some other members first'.

In other news, I just had to walk into the library to hand a book in to avoid a £3 fine tomorrow. Damn short-loan and my short-term memory as I had gone to renew in the library but ended up just looking for other books instead!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending