The Student Room Group

First Choice for Pharmacy 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by AmberCD

Original post by AmberCD
I need to make a decision sharpish but if I choose Bath I shall get back to you :smile:

Have you made a decision yet :smile:?
Reply 41
Original post by Cemile94
Have you made a decision yet :smile:?

Yes I picked Cardiff (see earlier post) was a tough choice but I thinks it's what is best for me :confused:
Reply 42
Heyyy.. I've got offers from kings/ Nottingham... I don't know which one to put as my first choice.
I didnt like kings at first sight, however I loved Nottingham, the area and everything about it. However im not having second thoughts.
Anyone else in the same position as me?
Original post by AmberCD
Yes I picked Cardiff (see earlier post) was a tough choice but I thinks it's what is best for me :confused:

Hi there, how was your Bath interview? I was just wondering how hard their interviews are because I'm still yet to recieve an interview. I applied fairly late (14th December) and thought that all the offers would have been given out.......

I have been hearing that the majority of people that Bath interview get the offer, which may in turn hamper my chances of even getting an interview!!

much appreciated, James.
Reply 44
Original post by James A
Hi there, how was your Bath interview? I was just wondering how hard their interviews are because I'm still yet to recieve an interview. I applied fairly late (14th December) and thought that all the offers would have been given out.......

I have been hearing that the majority of people that Bath interview get the offer, which may in turn hamper my chances of even getting an interview!!

much appreciated, James.

In bath the interview is really informal is like a nice chat like why pharmacy why bath and ask u from your ps and that is it!:smile:

Can I ask universities give offer if the interview does not go very bad when they say very bad like what ? Is it where u cannot answer a single question?
Reply 45
Original post by James A

much appreciated, James.

If they give you an interview and your not a medicine applicant then 95% of the time you should get an offer is what the admissions people said.
It was an informal chat mentioning most major things on my personal statement to do with pharmacy and hobbies.
Original post by otrivine
In bath the interview is really informal is like a nice chat like why pharmacy why bath and ask u from your ps and that is it!:smile:

Can I ask universities give offer if the interview does not go very bad when they say very bad like what ? Is it where u cannot answer a single question?

not neccessarily, it could be to do with you not answering the important questions well enough, like, why pharmacy, why ( kings college in your case) etc.

another reason is to do with you being able to hold long conversations with the person interviewing you. they want to see if you have the qualities to become a good pharmacist.
Original post by AmberCD
If they give you an interview and your not a medicine applicant then 95% of the time you should get an offer is what the admissions people said.
It was an informal chat mentioning most major things on my personal statement to do with pharmacy and hobbies.

sounds good. fingers crossed they contact me soon for an interview.
Reply 48
Original post by aa_6
Heyyy.. I've got offers from kings/ Nottingham... I don't know which one to put as my first choice.
I didnt like kings at first sight, however I loved Nottingham, the area and everything about it. However im not having second thoughts.
Anyone else in the same position as me?

I'm kind of in your position, only with me it's Kings and LSOP. What didn't you like about Kings and why are you having second thoughts? :smile:
Original post by James A
not neccessarily, it could be to do with you not answering the important questions well enough, like, why pharmacy, why ( kings college in your case) etc.

another reason is to do with you being able to hold long conversations with the person interviewing you. they want to see if you have the qualities to become a good pharmacist.

My voice went really high at one point in my interview. He'd said something about the placement abroad and how it's relatively easy to get one in Germany and I went "Really?!" in a really high voice. :facepalm:
Reply 50
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
My voice went really high at one point in my interview. He'd said something about the placement abroad and how it's relatively easy to get one in Germany and I went "Really?!" in a really high voice. :facepalm:

Hi:smile:Can u give me suggestions on how an interview could go very bad cause they do not give u an offer if the interview did not go too well butnlike what is it when u can't answer the important question?
Hi:smile:Can u give me suggestions on how an interview could go very bad cause they do not give u an offer if the interview did not go too well butnlike what is it when u can't answer the important question?

Well, I had both of my interviews over the phone, because I'm a lazy cheapskate :wink: and didn't want to pay loads of money and miss 3 days of school or something for a 20 minute interview, so it might be different in person. But neither of mine asked me any sciencey questions, if they had I probably wouldn't have any offers. :lol: But I imagine that if you don't even hazard a guess at the answers, they wouldn't like that. If you didn't say anything, or you seemed really bored, or went off-topic, or didn't listen to the question. I think it would be things like that. :smile: Where else have you applied? Can't remember from the thread. :lol:
Reply 52
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Well, I had both of my interviews over the phone, because I'm a lazy cheapskate :wink: and didn't want to pay loads of money and miss 3 days of school or something for a 20 minute interview, so it might be different in person. But neither of mine asked me any sciencey questions, if they had I probably wouldn't have any offers. :lol: But I imagine that if you don't even hazard a guess at the answers, they wouldn't like that. If you didn't say anything, or you seemed really bored, or went off-topic, or didn't listen to the question. I think it would be things like that. :smile: Where else have you applied? Can't remember from the thread. :lol:

Thanks :wink: and when they say what you bring to the university can u say team work to interact with people?
Thanks :wink: and when they say what you bring to the university can u say team work to interact with people?

Can't see how it would hurt. :smile: I think they'd like it.
Reply 54
My first choice is between UEA and QUB, maybe King's if they give me and offer too. My insurance will be UEA or King's though!
I can't decide :'(
Reply 55
Original post by GraemeLawd
My first choice is between UEA and QUB, maybe King's if they give me and offer too. My insurance will be UEA or King's though!

Did u have an offer for kings when did u do interview?
Reply 56
Did u have an offer for kings when did u do interview?

I'm still waiting, did my Interview on the 1st..wish they would just get back to me!
Reply 57
I'm still waiting, did my Interview on the 1st..wish they would just get back to me!

Yes me too I had it on 1 st how was ur interview who were your two interviews will they get back to us tonight cause it is 2 weeks?
Reply 58
anyone chose liverpool john moores? :frown: we could be friends :frown:

Choose UEA!! They have a lake. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending