The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
It just helps you get on to view the choices shortly after the system goes online. The system doesnt always go online at the precise second stated. The popular halls seem to go within minutes apparently.

Sorry for being stupid, but I still feel like I've missed a sentence :tongue: By "it" you mean go on as early as it will let you? How do you know if the system goes online earlier?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 1101
Do unconditional students face the same problem? Since ive read that unconditional students can apply earlier so i was thinking it would be easier for 'us'.
I always thought, seeing as William Morris accommodation is basically off campus as it's on the other side of the main road, that maybe it seems a little bit excluded from the main campus if I were to live there?

I'm planning on applying to Elvyn Richards, Robert Bakewell and Hazelrigg-Rutland however I've noticed that although it's close to the library and same distance to the business area as the other accommodations, it's a little extra walk away from the student union.

William Morris is pretty close to the student union, however (to the people that have lived there) is it weird being off the main campus? Like is at all a bit quiet and less lively?
Original post by Veeceebee
I always thought, seeing as William Morris accommodation is basically off campus as it's on the other side of the main road, that maybe it seems a little bit excluded from the main campus if I were to live there?

I'm planning on applying to Elvyn Richards, Robert Bakewell and Hazelrigg-Rutland however I've noticed that although it's close to the library and same distance to the business area as the other accommodations, it's a little extra walk away from the student union.

William Morris is pretty close to the student union, however (to the people that have lived there) is it weird being off the main campus? Like is at all a bit quiet and less lively?

Wouldnt say its quiet, if anything its good in the way as we dont have students from other halls walking through making noise, I imagine you get this in the student village. It seems to be really lively in a close-knit kind of way.
Reply 1104
Wouldnt say its quiet, if anything its good in the way as we dont have students from other halls walking through making noise, I imagine you get this in the student village. It seems to be really lively in a close-knit kind of way.

Agreed.

Yeah, you do get that :sadnod:
Reply 1106
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Yeah, you do get that :sadnod:

Will you reveal your true identity now PT? :P
Original post by Félix_x

Maybe one day :moon:

I've met a couple of other Loughborough people from here so my identity isn't a total secret :tongue:
Original post by Félix_x

Original post by Potally_Tissed
Maybe one day :moon:

I've met a couple of other Loughborough people from here so my identity isn't a total secret :tongue:

He's nothing special trust me :p:

Spoiler

Original post by Magic Dust
He's nothing special trust me :p:

Spoiler

:hmmm:

Spoiler

As off beginning of June, conditional offered students can apply for accommodation by either "Reserving" a room by paying an amount upfront, or you can put preferences down. If I reserved a room, and I didn't get into Loughborough due to not meeting the grade requirements, will I get the money back that I paid upfront? On the website it says if I don't get in, my room reservation will be cancelled, but does not say if I'd get the money back?
Original post by Veeceebee
As off beginning of June, conditional offered students can apply for accommodation by either "Reserving" a room by paying an amount upfront, or you can put preferences down. If I reserved a room, and I didn't get into Loughborough due to not meeting the grade requirements, will I get the money back that I paid upfront? On the website it says if I don't get in, my room reservation will be cancelled, but does not say if I'd get the money back?

As far as I'm aware the room bond isn't refundable, but I'm not 100% sure if that's still the case if you miss your offer so I'd advise you to ask the accommodation centre :smile:
Do we get the room bond we paid back after the year?
Do we get the room bond we paid back after the year?

I think so, providing there are no damages x
Reply 1114
does anyone know around what date the applications open for Unconditional students for the accommodation?
Original post by yellowtrees
what is the best self catered halls,
in terms of atmosphere/going out ness

William Morris.
Reply 1116
William Morris.

are Rigg-rutt or bakewell any good? thats where im thinking off applying
Original post by ru7lan
are Rigg-rutt or bakewell any good? thats where im thinking off applying

Erm yes they are quite good I think.

They are slightly more expensive than William Morris and at the other end of the campus.
Okay, with one month left I have a couple more questions, sorry :tongue:

I'm now thinking BillMo ensuite, standard and Harry French are my top 3 choices, so hopefully one of them will be available. My first question is, does anyone have an opinion as to whether BillMo standard is better/worse than a Harry French room? I know the HF rooms might be a bit different to each other depending on which "area" they're in, but I don't expect you'll be able to choose if you want Courtyard, Lodges, Westgrove etc. on the booking form (or can you?).

Secondly, I'm currently having the ensuite/not ensuite debate with myself. Is having your own shower etc. really better than a standard room where the shared bathroom gets cleaned (at least, I assume "communal areas" includes the bathroom)? I know opinions on that will vary, so maybe this is more a question for people who have stayed in both. I would be fine with a standard room if I knew that the other people I'd be living with weren't going to have horrible bathroom habits or something...But at the same time, if I went ensuite they might have horrible kitchen habits instead, only there wouldn't be a cleaner! :s-smilie:
Original post by Village Whisper
Okay, with one month left I have a couple more questions, sorry :tongue:

I'm now thinking BillMo ensuite, standard and Harry French are my top 3 choices, so hopefully one of them will be available. My first question is, does anyone have an opinion as to whether BillMo standard is better/worse than a Harry French room? I know the HF rooms might be a bit different to each other depending on which "area" they're in, but I don't expect you'll be able to choose if you want Courtyard, Lodges, Westgrove etc. on the booking form (or can you?).

Secondly, I'm currently having the ensuite/not ensuite debate with myself. Is having your own shower etc. really better than a standard room where the shared bathroom gets cleaned (at least, I assume "communal areas" includes the bathroom)? I know opinions on that will vary, so maybe this is more a question for people who have stayed in both. I would be fine with a standard room if I knew that the other people I'd be living with weren't going to have horrible bathroom habits or something...But at the same time, if I went ensuite they might have horrible kitchen habits instead, only there wouldn't be a cleaner! :s-smilie:

I much prefer the ensuites due to the communal room/kitchen being much better. The ensuite bathrooms are far better/way more modern. Although I preferred the actual shower in the William Morris standard as it was like a powerhose.

Latest

Trending

Trending