The Student Room Group

Bio Oil VS Cocoa Butter

Poll

Bio Oil VS Cocoa Butter

Which is best for getting rid of stretch marks and preventing new ones?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No idea which works best, but the ex bought bio oil once and the main ingredient of bio oil is paraffin... Which you can obviously get pretty cheaply.
She started squeezing the oil out of vitamin E capsules instead and using that.
Reply 2
Original post by Joinedup

She started squeezing the oil out of vitamin E capsules instead and using that.

Oooh thanks for the suggestion :smile:
Reply 3
I've only used bio-oil and it really works. Mine were dark purple and now they're invisible.
not sure about stretch marks, but with standard scar tissue (which i assume is similar), the act of massaging it every day is more important than what you put on it.

saying that, emu oil is supposedly good
Reply 5
Original post by LeaX
I've only used bio-oil and it really works. Mine were dark purple and now they're invisible.

How long did it take for them to disappear if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
Original post by Miss O.C.D
How long did it take for them to disappear if you don't mind me asking?

Only about a month. I just put it on once a day.
Reply 7
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
not sure about stretch marks, but with standard scar tissue (which i assume is similar), the act of massaging it every day is more important than what you put on it.

saying that, emu oil is supposedly good

Original post by LeaX
Only about a month. I just put it on once a day.

Thank you so much for your help :smile:
I've used both on scars for a long period of time and would say Bio Oil had the better effect. But definitely agree with what was said above, it's the massaging that's the most helpful - not whatever is the most expensive! Best of luck
Reply 9
50/50 on the poll really doesn't help xD
I use both and it has done wonders for my skin. Most of my stretch marks are completely gone and the rest have faded. My scars are barely noticeable and I love how soft it makes my skin feel. Furthermore Bio-Oil lasts a really long time. I've had mine for 2 years and I'm only 2/3 of the way. Bio Oil has 30 month lifespan btw. I wish there was an option to select both as I would vote 50/50. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by YemiSanya90
I use both and it has done wonders for my skin. Most of my stretch marks are completely gone and the rest have faded. My scars are barely noticeable and I love how soft it makes my skin feel. Furthermore Bio-Oil lasts a really long time. I've had mine for 2 years and I'm only 2/3 of the way. Bio Oil has 30 month lifespan btw. I wish there was an option to select both as I would vote 50/50. :biggrin:

Haha, thanks :3
Haha, thanks :3

You are welcome. Hope it helped. :colondollar:
Reply 13
You are welcome. Hope it helped. :colondollar:

Yeah it did. I don't mind usiing a combo of both. Just whatever it takes before I hit that beach in Rio next summer :cool: :biggrin:
Reply 14
This is going to sound stupid, but is there an oil-free bio-oil alternative? I can't use oil-based products, they clog my pores.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Stilo
This is going to sound stupid, but is there an oil-free bio-oil alternative. I can't use oil-based products, they clog my pores.

According to the responses so far, it's the act of massaging the skin that helps the most, so just massage the area affected consistently everyday? Wouldn't know though, sorry. Good luck :3
Yeah it did. I don't mind usiing a combo of both. Just whatever it takes before I hit that beach in Rio next summer :cool: :biggrin:

Ohhh, Rio - I'm so jealous. I'll be lucky if I even make it to Brighton beach this summer, let alone next summer. I'd just use those two. Also get in to the habit of exfoliating (buy gloves) once or twice a week as it make your skin glow and you can tan easier, for me the biggest thing was investing in a good sunscreen as it stops wrinkling.

Enjoy your holiday. :biggrin:
Reply 17
Ohhh, Rio - I'm so jealous. I'll be lucky if I even make it to Brighton beach this summer, let alone next summer. I'd just use those two. Also get in to the habit of exfoliating (buy gloves) once or twice a week as it make your skin glow and you can tan easier, for me the biggest thing was investing in a good sunscreen as it stops wrinkling.

Enjoy your holiday. :biggrin:

*giggles* I'm black, not planning on more tanning :tongue: but thanks for the tips anyway

Thank you ^^
(edited 11 years ago)
*giggles* I'm black, not planning on more tanning :tongue: but thanks for the tips anyway

Thank you ^^

Haha, opps... my bad. :biggrin: But still use sunscreen even if it only SPF10 :colondollar:
Reply 19
I've been using bio oil on some on the inside of my thighs for about 3+ months now, putting it on at least once a day and it really has helped! they were really deep and sensitive and dark purple at first and now they're a sort of pinkish colour. I think this might be because I didn't use much at first because I thought it would run out quickly but I'm not even a 1/4 of the way through a 60ml bottle!

Quick Reply

Latest