The Student Room Group
Reply 1
There were a few some years ago but they didnt last long due to a lack of series and the costs being too high along with there being poor ratings. It's unlikely there'll be any more.:erm:
Reply 2
I doubt it; even so they would not show anything to do with ecchi, and it would probably air overrated shows only.

www.animeultima.tv is fine, no need for channels like that.
Original post by vin
There were a few some years ago but they didnt last long due to a lack of series and the costs being too high along with there being poor ratings. It's unlikely there'll be any more.:erm:

You just killed what little hope I had for Britain in terms of entertainment (aside from theatre which is AWESOME!)
Oh, and aside from the Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter series which were awesome!
Nope. Online is the best bet

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 5
No

Reply 6
There are some animes on kid programms such as Jetix and Nickelodeon however, they are english dubbed and not subbed if you don't mind that. But I usually watch my animes on the internet: animefreak.tv or gogoanime.com.
Reply 7
I just use Netflix on my PS3 if I want to watch anime on tv. There isn't a huge selection but they have a few decent shows up like Birdy the Mighty.
Reply 8
Yeah i remember there use to be an anime channel, (3 years ago or something now..) but they kept changing the channel number. It's sort of the reason I actually got into anime, there was Witch Hunter Robin, Cowboy Bebop. Cant remember the others. But then it was gone, I keep having dreams when I find a channel thats shows Inuyasha and Ouran host club.. Then I wake up. :pinch:

The only animes they show over here now, is Pokemon (thats gone down quite a bit..) which is usually on Disney XD and CITV, also that Bey Blade (That crap).. Also they had Naruto and Boboboboo at one time.
Also there use to be some girly animes on Popgirl like Mew mew power, Precure. Also Digamon data squard on another channel. (Dont worry you didnt miss out on much, both terrible voice acting and storylines..)
So no good animes basically.. 'Cause they only show the stupid pointless animes over here, also no swearing, etc. :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Rapture TV had an anime segment, elfen lied, mezzo forte or something, and fma
The anime network was a full anime tv show. the show got worse and worse until they only showed cowboy bebop and ghost in a shell back to back for weeks. then they closed
Reply 10
No channels I know of...Check out http://blip.tv/animation-and-comics-videos Quite a few reviews of shows that lead to good US shows. The main one I want to see is RWBY, a new rooster teeth production ... http://blip.tv/roosterteeth/rwby-red-trailer-6426710
Reply 11
Anime's probably still not mainstream enough to make it economically viable. The internet's always served me well enough.
Reply 12
I remember Toonami on Sky used to be soooo good. It was a segment of Adult Swim and it consisted of American cartoons and Japanese anime. It first started in 1997.Sadly, the channel got plugged in 2008. Since then, don't think there's been any other channel as good as that in terms of anime on UK television.

Dont get me wrong, watching anime online is great. But still, would love to be able to switch over to a channel on tv to watch anime. Much better than the reality tv crap we get here.
Keep writing to the tv channels and get them to listen to what you want
There Is Inuma eleven , yu gi oh and Dragonball z kai on Kix tv .
Reply 15
Well since dragon vall z kai ended i have been searching and the knly one I can find is yu-gi-oh zexal... Its on kix+1 (same place dBz kai was on) and is not like 4kidz where mister pop was blue its all the same no edits a part from making it English dubbed 😊
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

Well, I'm assuming if you live in the UK, you have noticed the extreme lack of anime on TV aside from maybe the odd film on SyFy or on Kids dubbed by 4Kids which we all know sucks.

Does anyone know of any channels that are out or are being planned in the future?

I don't, no.
I just use kiss anime to watch anime - they literally have every anime there is
there's nowhere near enough demand for anime in the uk to warrant an anime tv channel
We all know how to get anything we want online. But why won't the t.v. companies put an odd late night anime on from time to time?
After all channel 4 used to do it all the time back in the 90's. There is NO substitute for watching on a t.v. set. FACT!

Latest