The Student Room Group

Clearing

I applied to Kings College for AI but got rejected due to competition in the course. I got back my A Level results the other day (International Student so we got them sooner) and I did end up getting their required grades A*A*A. I wasn't too upset over getting rejected before because I wasn't sure I could actually get the grades they ask for but now that I got them I feel like it would be such a waste to go to a uni that's mediocre when I have the grades for such a good one. I was thinking to maybe call them when they release their clearing spots and ask whether they have any free for that course but that would mean I have to reject the offer I have now and I just feel like its really risky because what if I do it and then I don't get accepted to kings either? Does anyone have any thoughts or advice because I would really love to hear anything.
The clearing spots should already be available on UCAS or on their website I think, it’s worth checking before rejecting other offers :smile:
Call them before releasing yourself into clearing. Advise them that you’re holding an offer elsewhere and want to know if there’s any possibility they’ll consider you with those grades (even if it’s not listed in clearing). Work from there.
Reply 3
On the website it says that they will release all clearing spots on 17th August which is results day for people in the UK. Idk whether to just wait until then or send them an email on Monday because I was reading something someone posted on a thread here and they said they emailed them to ask and sent their results and then got an unconditional offer, not for AI but CS but I think it works similarly for most courses
Original post by cherryblossomed
The clearing spots should already be available on UCAS or on their website I think, it’s worth checking before rejecting other offers :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you! Ill probably send them an email on Monday and if they don't respond by Thursday Ill call
Original post by Admit-One
Call them before releasing yourself into clearing. Advise them that you’re holding an offer elsewhere and want to know if there’s any possibility they’ll consider you with those grades (even if it’s not listed in clearing). Work from there.
Original post by Masad28
Thank you! Ill probably send them an email on Monday and if they don't respond by Thursday Ill call

I’d just call on results day. Due to volume of emails and the results embargo they almost certainly won’t respond.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending