The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology A Paper 2 - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

How did you guys find it?

Scroll to see replies

paper 1 was alright, but not happy about the lack of human bio
Reply 2
Original post by Bookworm524
paper 1 was alright, but not happy about the lack of human bio

do you think there's going to be more human bio stuff in paper 2?
Reply 3
any predictions for this paper?
Reply 4
also is it just me or is anyone much less confident on topic 7 and 8; im not just revising the content, im learning it ugh
Original post by charminggem
also is it just me or is anyone much less confident on topic 7 and 8; im not just revising the content, im learning it ugh

Same, tbf topic 7 and 8 are the things we have never really encountered back in GCSEs. they're whole new worlds
Reply 6
Same, tbf topic 7 and 8 are the things we have never really encountered back in GCSEs. they're whole new worlds

fr and idk about you guys but my teachers rusheddd through the content for them
Reply 7
anyone with predictions
How did it go for everybody ?
Original post by Gullible-top
How did it go for everybody ?

It took me by surprise. I didn't revised for 1-4 at all and they didn't put that many topic 7,8 questions
Reply 10
It took me by surprise. I didn't revised for 1-4 at all and they didn't put that many topic 7,8 questions

omgg frr??? i acc hated it. and someone tell me where the hell lac operon came from i dont remember learning that at all
Original post by ay_r445
omgg frr??? i acc hated it. and someone tell me where the hell lac operon came from i dont remember learning that at all

It's a small part in topic 3, transcription factors
Reply 12
It's a small part in topic 3, transcription factors

🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲
Original post by ay_r445

it’s topic 3 i think, due to transcription factors. The lactose binds to a respressor so the gene can be activated and transcribed by RNA polymerase on the promotor region. The enzyme b-galactosidase breaks down lactose into galactose and glucose.
Wtf is lac operon
Reply 15
loooool i got that whole question wrong😍

Original post by KillSwitch12
it’s topic 3 i think, due to transcription factors. The lactose binds to a respressor so the gene can be activated and transcribed by RNA polymerase on the promotor region. The enzyme b-galactosidase breaks down lactose into galactose and glucose.
I'm curious what the exam poll will look like if we have one. I guess there will be a large proportion of 'not great'

Trueee ...cant believe the 13 marker was on cardiovascular diseases when they couldve done so many other topics ..i didnt revise for 1-4 either 😭
Original post by Gullible-top
Trueee ...cant believe the 13 marker was on cardiovascular diseases when they couldve done so many other topics ..i didnt revise for 1-4 either 😭

It was too many info in the last question. Also if you drink AlCohOl, your risk of CVD dEcrEaSes... :dontknow:
Reply 19
It was too many info in the last question. Also if you drink AlCohOl, your risk of CVD dEcrEaSes... :dontknow:

that HAD to be a mistake??? bc how can alcohol decrease the risk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending