The Student Room Group

UCLAN UNIVERSITY ( adult nursing)

Anyone doing adult nursing at UCLAn university? I have heard there is a campus based and a practice based one? Which one are you doing and how are you finding them please? Kindly let me know.

Thanks
Original post by Reyna_essie
Anyone doing adult nursing at UCLAn university? I have heard there is a campus based and a practice based one? Which one are you doing and how are you finding them please? Kindly let me know.

Thanks

Hi there Reyna_essie, :smile:

Like you mentioned here at UCLan we do offer a BSc (Hons) Nursing with Registered Nurse which is face-to-face on Preston campus. We also do offer a BSc (Hons) Nursing with Registered Nurse (Adult) Practice based pathway delivered by Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust in partnership with UCLan which is split 50/50 theory and practice.

To get a feel of what it's like to study this course take a look at what one of our students Lauren said here.

If you have any question please do let me know. :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah
Reply 2
Yes I would like to know more about it. Which of them is it possible to go and do a study abroad with?
Yes I would like to know more about it. Which of them is it possible to go and do a study abroad with?

Hi there,

I will have a look into this for you and will get back to you. :smile:

Thanks,
Sarah
Reply 4
Thanks very much
Thanks very much

Hi there, :smile:

I have spoken to the team who have advised that due to the professional nursing registration via the NMC, students on this course are not able to undertake a semester or full year abroad. They can however consider a short term experience which must be a minimum of 4 weeks. Nursing students have an alternative placement opportunity in their final year either in the UK or overseas. If you have any further questions about this please send us a direct message on one of our Social Media channels and I will be happy to help. :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah
Reply 6
Does anyone know the difference between the practice based pathway and normal course. I’ve seen you spend like 2 days at uni and say 3 at work. But what about assignments? Are they the same? Do you do more practice (hands on experience) then the traditional one.
Any info would be great 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending